Evening with the coaches

washniklaw

The new West End
1 minute ago, jambo_No5 said:

For those that were there, did you also get the impression that Naismith wasn’t hopeful that Shanks would sign a new deal?

Not at all 

Just thought he was being honest from a footballers perspective.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• dannymack

• Sooks

• Agentjambo

Mikey1874

Naismith and McAvoy talked about the balance between experienced and inexperienced players and that the experienced players are helping. The balance in team also affected by the injuries to McKay and Boyce. Hopeful all the newer players will come good.

5 minutes ago, Ked said:

We're any of  the questions asked toe curling ?

And what was the best question and answer?

Best answer was to the guy moaning about us never leaving anyone up for corners. After FM explained that we'd moved from man to man last season with a man up where we lost loads of goals to zonal marking this year and we had the best record in the league, the guy was still complaining about needing a man up. Naisy chipped in to say that we'd try it on Saturday but if we conceded the guy was "getting it".

The new West End
4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Was there any chat about Shanks or Beni contract extension offers ?

No

1 minute ago, HoGwash said:

Best answer was to the guy moaning about us never leaving anyone up for corners. After FM explained that we'd moved from man to man last season with a man up where we lost loads of goals to zonal marking this year and we had the best record in the league, the guy was still complaining about needing a man up. Naisy chipped in to say that we'd try it on Saturday but if we conceded the guy was "getting it".

😆

Good stuff from Naismith.

2 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Gtbh I've been that guy.

Moaned about it a few times.

😄

Mikey1874
11 minutes ago, Ked said:

The player up front at corners wasn't too bad. The most agressive question was someone unhappy about transfers. Naismith said its the hardest thing in football. He's confident everyone will come good. 

Just now, Ked said:

Gtbh I've been that guy.

Moaned about it a few times.

😄

Me too although it's hard to argue with the stats. We haven't conceded a goal from a corner in the league all season. Next best team has conceded 3 I think.

Ford Prentice
12 minutes ago, Ked said:

And what was the best question and answer?

Best question was whether we were looking to bring in a bit more experience middle to front. Naisy said injuries to Mckay and Boyce a problem but the young players would come good. No hints about any incomings.

It was clearly the best question because I asked it.

mintmyster
9 minutes ago, The new West End said:

Not at all 

Just thought he was being honest from a footballers perspective.

My take on it as well. Club can do everything in their power but ultimately decision is with Shankland and Naismith was explaining that he has to consider his family, potential big pay day in his prime, etc.

mintmyster
13 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

I agree with you, including the despair that the superthick troll is spamming another thread. The presentation was really interesting and insightful. Great to get a view into the analysis done and how it translates into games. Naisy came across really well.

Would concur with all of this. Naismith, Forrest and McAvoy were articulate, interesting and honest. I think they came across as being driven, on the same page, and genuinely excited by the future prospects with the young players at the Club.

andythejambo
15 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Having 6 year olds deploying zonal marking 😂

There’s a story about a ***** in the far west of the city who stopped a sleepover for a group of 8 year olds as they had a game the following day and he didn’t want them tired, and the parents went with what he said!!!

Unfortunately, some of these ***** have total control of team selection, and think they're the next Pep. The parents knew if wee Jimmy...etc was alleged to be at the sleepover, then his chances of playing would be zilch. 

tazhearts

Very impressed by Naismith tonight and the presentation showing the depth of detail Hearts go into with the players.

Listening to him talking about all the top managers he played under and his experience of working with Scotland got me thinking that he's had an amazing grounding in the game.

6 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Best question was whether we were looking to bring in a bit more experience middle to front. Naisy said injuries to Mckay and Boyce a problem but the young players would come good. No hints about any incomings.

It was clearly the best question because I asked it.

Obviously 

😄

dannymack
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Dads in long padded jackets with their initials ironed on with random kids club badges, asking ‘Naysmith’ if he’s ever considered inverted and diverted midfield bombing red arrows.

Out balls, channels, holes and false number 9s ! 🤣

SYFA coaching badges meh ! 

dannymack
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

As a non coaching dad from a spectator point at kids football I totally get this.  Proper buzzwords and phrases shouted with kids none the wiser what they are talking about

Keep it simple... 😉😄

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The player up front at corners wasn't too bad. The most agressive question was someone unhappy about transfers. Naismith said its the hardest thing in football. He's confident everyone will come good. 

11 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Me too although it's hard to argue with the stats. We haven't conceded a goal from a corner in the league all season. Next best team has conceded 3 I think.

Seems to be easing into the job.

Winning helps but still.

1971fozzy
27 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Clearly you're talking shite and trolling the board then.  

I’ve had him on ignore for months. Unfortunately all the quotes have seen his garbage appear again.  Sods law

Mikey1874
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Any questions about Tagawa or new signings? 

Just as above re inexperience and thinks they will come good. Said it is a big challenge to come from abroad but British players can fail too. 

Daveandal
20 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Last season we were horrible at defending any kind of cross ball. People have short memories. To turn that around is fantastic. (And I was a big Robbie fan)

I watched a video once with a coach, can't remember who, explaining why leaving a man up at a corner was actually defensive. It gives you an easy option of just knocking it long but the chances are it will just come right back. If you have to play out / counter attack you're more likely to keep the ball and score a quick goal.

dannymack
54 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Naisy: the fans abusing players is detrimental and affects their confidence.

Lay off Nieuwenhof, he'll be a great player. 

I agree. 

I'm glad this was addressed but despite only a fraction of the Hearts support attending this occasion the monotony of fans berating the team/individuals has to stop, its so bloody frustrating !

The half time booing when the game is stalemate makes you wonder if the fans that are doing realise their doing it. 

I don't get the small minority of fans who question Nieuwenhofs ability, give him time. 

Jamborose

You will also be pleased to know that Craig n Zander will get week about now till end of season to give them both a chance of the euros 

Chuck Berry

It was an enjoyable evening, good insight into how they prepare for games and how they view the academy  and B players.  Worwhile exercise and hopefully more to come from FoH.

jambo mark
49 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Thought it was a really informative and interesting evening. Impressed by Naismith, very relaxed and confident with a sense of humour. Came on this thread to see what others made of it and get a pile of shite about Shanks. I despair of kickback sometimes.

Any chance you could share some proper I for amongst the drivel on here?

Gorgie_Rules
6 minutes ago, Jamborose said:

You will also be pleased to know that Craig n Zander will get week about now till end of season to give them both a chance of the euros 

Did that come from the horses mouth? Did wonder how Naismith would handle it and that way does seem pretty fair.

It is a massive opportunity for the two of them (even for Craig after a great career). 

Would be harsh to just drop Clark for Gordon. Same time it would be harsh for Gordon to not get a sniff after prolonging his career and all he has done for the club. Don’t think anyone can have any complaints, even if either’s form dips from time to time.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Jamborose said:

🥸

Mikey1874

The Celtic pre match analysis was interesting. Included clips of the game showing how the goals were created. Corner for first goal started from a key pass Rowles made after he got the same pass wrong. Showed how they analysis opposition strengths to counteract them. 

They watch every game often on Saturday evenings. 

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The Celtic pre match analysis was interesting. Included clips of the game showing how the goals were created. Corner for first goal started from a key pass Rowles made after he got the same pass wrong. Showed how they analysis opposition strengths to counteract them. 

They watch every game often on Saturday evenings. 

Usually up the ardmillan with a few pints before the karaoke starts.

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Offering him peanuts…not surprised.

Well you have already proved you don't have a clue about anything Hearts related so not a surprise you're wrong again

tazhearts
15 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Did that come from the horses mouth? Did wonder how Naismith would handle it and that way does seem pretty fair.

It is a massive opportunity for the two of them (even for Craig after a great career). 

Would be harsh to just drop Clark for Gordon. Same time it would be harsh for Gordon to not get a sniff after prolonging his career and all he has done for the club. Don’t think anyone can have any complaints, even if either’s form dips from time to time.

It was said as a joke by Naismith.

55 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

:rofl:brilliant from Naisy. I moan about it every week too though 🤣

Edited by boag1874

karipidis
16 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

You don’t actually believe that? Would be a disaster. 

38 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’ve had him on ignore for months. Unfortunately all the quotes have seen his garbage appear again.  Sods law

Sorry, added him to my ignore list now

jamboinglasgow
53 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

It was an enjoyable evening, good insight into how they prepare for games and how they view the academy  and B players.  Worwhile exercise and hopefully more to come from FoH.

Its the first of a series of similar events, seemed to be called 90 minutes. Good on the Foundation doing this. Sounds an interesting evening.

He was non-committal about the GK situation but said he hoped both goalies would still make it to the Euros.

Made some comment about people need to have a think about getting all excited when Zander goes down injured and hoping CG would come. 

Very good night an makes me very optimistic about where Naisy can take us  

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, Koolkeith said:

Stop it 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, jambocub said:

Seriously what do you act know and could prove to be true about the contract offer?

He knows nothing. He seems to be a serial fantasist that lies about being ITK. Making up stories about going to Japan etc. 

A total Walter. 

File under something is missing in his life that leads him to seek validation on a messageboard. 

Walter Bishop

Great night, very informative and loved the level of detail that goes into each day and opposition. Naismith spoke very well. Drone footage was impressive. 

How cold was the Gorgie suite? 🥶🥶

Apparently heating packed in this afternoon. 

Byyy The Light

Seems to have been a good night.

Anyone there that’s been sceptical of the manager had their minds changed by what they heard tonight?

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Think someone has had a knock to the head :cornette:

Wouldn’t matter. His brain is in his @$$.

dannymack
39 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Seems to have been a good night.

Anyone there that’s been sceptical of the manager had their minds changed by what they heard tonight?

I'd be very surprised if the most negative Norman's out there haven't had their minds changed after witnessing the presentations, ultimately its all about the 3 points on the park and like the recent Rangers game at Ibrox, 3 days of hard work and preparation were thrown down the bog as we caved in at the end but it is reassuring the coaches are doing their homework. 

My circle of around a dozen Hearts fans all have a difference of opinion, I'm seen as the happy clapper and my acceptance levels for not so great results are questionable, having scowered social media and read the feedback  I'm glad the majority are happy.

Walter Bishop
8 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

I know he wants double what we’ve offered.

Absolute rubbish. What a slaver. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Sounds like a good night was had by all , well done to the FOH for organising and the coaches for making themselves available 

1971fozzy
8 hours ago, Poseidon said:

Made some comment about people need to have a think about getting all excited when Zander goes down injured and hoping CG would come. 

Wonder what he thought when we all belted out the Zander Clark chant at Easter Road ?

Gorgierools
10 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

You’re a walking snorefest. 

I guess you said " walking" because you couldn't get the adjective for " only person in the room love making" past the naughty word filter.

Mikey1874
7 hours ago, dannymack said:

I'd be very surprised if the most negative Norman's out there haven't had their minds changed after witnessing the presentations, ultimately its all about the 3 points on the park and like the recent Rangers game at Ibrox, 3 days of hard work and preparation were thrown down the bog as we caved in at the end but it is reassuring the coaches are doing their homework. 

My circle of around a dozen Hearts fans all have a difference of opinion, I'm seen as the happy clapper and my acceptance levels for not so great results are questionable, having scowered social media and read the feedback  I'm glad the majority are happy.

Another thing Naismith said. They changed the system at half time at Ibrox. But it led to being under more pressure second half. So they learned from that and for example didn't do the same at Celtic instead making like for like subs with Barry McKay coming on for Forrest mentioned.

RustyRightPeg
9 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

What stood out about how he viewed the academy / B team would you say?