Kitchen eqipment installers

Cheile

Looking for recommendations for installing and replacing built-in appliances, fridge, dishwasher etc. Thanks.

Spellczech

I just do it myself - it's quite easy...Done replacement built in dishwasher and washing machine. They come with instructions for fitting. I also removed the old ones - just wriggle them out onto an old blanket or throw and pull them along on that...makes it a one-man job. Just make sure you tip them to get residual water out into a handwash bucket or you'll need the mop plus bigger muscles!

Alternative is that companies like AO.com will sell you fitting with the machines, and removal too if you want. Dunno how much...probably about 30 for removal and 50-70 for fitting but an old lady once told me that if you don't buy these services straight off you can get the recycling for free if you add fitting later...

Edited by Spellczech

Sooperstar
6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I just do it myself - it's quite easy...Done replacement built in dishwasher and washing machine. They come with instructions for fitting. I also removed the old ones - just wriggle them out onto an old blanket or throw and pull them along on that...makes it a one-man job. Just make sure you tip them to get residual water out into a handwash bucket or you'll need the mop plus bigger muscles!

Classic. Got to love a 'just do it yourself' response when someone asks for a recommendation for some handyman type work. 

Spellczech
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Classic. Got to love a 'just do it yourself' response when someone asks for a recommendation for some handyman type work. 

Haha well the Shed is turning into Gumtree or Rated People! Should I have said "There is an app for that"

when i read the thread title i thought you surely don't need someone to plug your toaster and kettle in for you?

Footballfirst

I replaced my built in Combi Oven/Micro just last week. Simple job, that only took around 20 minutes.

The only technical issue was that my old oven was supplied from a cooker outlet located behind the oven, but the new one just needed a standard 13 amp socket. I had checked this in advance so I knew what I needed to install the new one.

I switched off the circuit at the fuse box, removed the two screws that secured the oven into the unit and slid it out. 

I disconnected the oven cable at the cooker outlet then replaced the cooker outlet with a 13 amp socket using the same back box. Plugged in the new oven, tested it, then slid it into the unit and secured it with the two screws.

Replacing a built in washing machine or dishwasher should be equally straight forward, assuming the cable and hose lengths are not tight. 

A.O., who supplied the new oven, were asking for £100 to fit it.

Edited by Footballfirst

Sooperstar

I think Cheile was hoping to get names of some people that could do it for them, not tales of other poster's accomplishments. 

16 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

I think Cheile was hoping to get names of some people that could do it for them, not tales of other poster's accomplishments. 

Yes, exactly. As much as I admire others' abilities in this area, I have neither the ability, confidence or tools to do the work required, hence my request for recommendations for those who can.

highlandjambo3
12 minutes ago, Cheile said:

Yes, exactly. As much as I admire others' abilities in this area, I have neither the ability, confidence or tools to do the work required, hence my request for recommendations for those who can.

Check a trader might help…..I’m sure you can advertise on gumtree as well.