The terrace at JKB.

Chillidigits

Chillidigits

Was just wondering if anyone knows whether or not the club takes an interest in the comments posted on Terrace. Yes there's always some dross which is to be expected but there has also been extremely legitimate points/opinions/concerns aired over the years. I'd like to think that influential people at Hearts are tapping in to these comments to get valuable insight as to how we supporters think and an appreciation of how passionate we are about Hearts.

They barely take any interest in the questions at the AGM.

This place probably doesn't get a glance.

They only read it for the manager polls , window cleaning price estimations , hiring night porters and to discover whether or not we will make any money from qualifying for Europe . For everything else they use Hibs.net

Boyces beard
15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They only read it for the manager polls , window cleaning price estimations , hiring night porters and to discover whether or not we will make any money from qualifying for Europe . For everything else they use Hibs.net

😁

29 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

Was just wondering if anyone knows whether or not the club takes an interest in the comments posted on Terrace. Yes there's always some dross which is to be expected but there has also been extremely legitimate points/opinions/concerns aired over the years. I'd like to think that influential people at Hearts are tapping in to these comments to get valuable insight as to how we supporters think and an appreciation of how passionate we are about Hearts.

It’s an extreme indication of how supporters feel so I’d hope they don’t pay it too much attention. I’d imagine they do have a look though. 

Edited by Dazo

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

It’s an extreme indication of how supporters feel so I’d hope they don’t it too much attention. I’d imagine they do have a look though. 

I'm sure there has been mention before from people at the club they do look at Kickback. I'm sure there was a contentious answer Andrew Mckinlay gave at a Shareholders dinner a few months ago when things were not going well where he defended appointing Naismith by pointing out a kickback poll had the majority wanting him to be manager.

I also think they will read anything on here with a massive pinch of salt.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

I'm sure there has been mention before from people at the club they do look at Kickback. I'm sure there was a contentious answer Andrew Mckinlay gave at a Shareholders dinner a few months ago when things were not going well where he defended appointing Naismith by pointing out a kickback poll had the majority wanting him to be manager.

I don’t think AM covered himself in glory there and got flustered trying to defend the clubs position. I agree though they will definitely keep an eye on it but give most of it the respect it deserves. 

We should maybe have our customer numbers as our usernames and we might then be worth listening too. :whistling:

Phil D. Corners
19 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

I would hope not 😂

Absolutely this. 🤣

46 minutes ago, Sooks said:

:laugh:

Bull's-eye

A more salient question would be "do Hearts supporters take any interest in comments posted on the terrace".

😳

4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

A more salient question would be "do Hearts supporters take any interest in comments posted on the terrace".

😳

Sorry , missed that . What did you just say 

39 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ann Budges cousin owns Hibs.net

IMG_4965.jpeg

I heard he's got a large stake in JKB too.

(not really)

1 minute ago, cazzyy said:

I heard he's got a large stake in JKB too.

(not really)

He sells them the server space and pours the profits straight in to Hibs.net 

Bull's-eye
27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He sells them the server space and pours the profits straight in to Hibs.net 

The new Hotel manager?

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Bauld said:

They barely take any interest in the questions at the AGM.

This place probably doesn't get a glance.

pretty much 😕.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Perhaps not personally at the top, they will have someone monitoring though. I've heard a few sports people hear now, they would stay away from the socials, compared to here, X for example would be far more brutal

13 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

The new Hotel manager?

Ssssssshhhhhh ………….. PM me for more details 

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

🤣

Rocky jamboa

I'd say JKB is fairly representative of fans opinions. There are always some posts which are extreme either way but on the whole, fairly balanced. I'd imagine most companies would want to know the feelings amongst customers so I'd be surprised if the club didn't look in.

I sometimes wonder if the players look on here. I would if I was a player. Must be pretty brutal for some at times though. 

Ian Black 8

I know for a fact that theres current players n ex players that read JKB and people at the club some in the management n above 👍 Was a good few players on it when a was at the club 

A_A wehatethehibs

The JKB Twitter account has 21k followers and don’t they post links to basically every thread? So while the forum isn’t a primary social channel, that’s quite a considerable number of fans who at least keep an eye on it. There’s no doubt the club has someone doing analysis on the general sentiments 

They’ll monitor it to gauge fan opinion, same with x, facebook, instagram etc. I doubt they’ll be sitting scrolling through the whole thing but they’ll use all forms of social media honestly probably even fringe stuff like Hearts Talk. As much as a lot of pure shite gets posted it definitely gives an indication that when put together with everything else gives a pretty broad spectrum of how the fans feel. Doesn’t mean they always have to listen if they have but they’d be daft not to use it for analysis.

May one-six
14 minutes ago, Ian Black 8 said:

I know for a fact that theres current players n ex players that read JKB and people at the club some in the management n above 👍 Was a good few players on it when a was at the club 

I hope players don't take any of the nonsense on here seriously.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I feel the way a new player or a someone returning from a long term injury can be written off after a couple of games must have a negative affect if they read it on here sometimes. Ideas to improve the enjoyment of fans watching the team and other suggestions along those lines I hope the club are listening carefully. 

Even our kickback player scouts might get something right, who knows 😄

Chillidigits
2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I feel the way a new player or a someone returning from a long term injury can be written off after a couple of games must have a negative affect if they read it on here sometimes. Ideas to improve the enjoyment of fans watching the team and other suggestions along those lines I hope the club are listening carefully. 

Even our kickback player scouts might get something right, who knows 😄

For all we know maybe the club has folllowed up on player suggestions mentioned here first.

2 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

For all we know maybe the club has folllowed up on player suggestions mentioned here first.

Far more likely that returning from injury players have read this place and thought **** you you ignorant dicks imo

periodictabledancer
2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He definitely referenced JKB (can't recall if it was by name) when he justified the appointment of Naismith because it was what the fans wanted. 

John Findlay
2 hours ago, Dazo said:

I’d imagine they do have a look though. 

Just to give themselves a good laugh.

Maple Leaf
1 hour ago, Ian Black 8 said:

I know for a fact that there's current players and ex players that read JKB and people at the club, some in the management and above 👍 Was a good few players on it when a was at the club 

That's correct, Blackie.

About 300-600 different people per day post on JKB.  They represent a good cross-section of Hearts fans, i.e. , age, location, ST holders / not, match attenders / internet watchers, sensible / emotional, etc.  Is there any better place for the Club to read the opinions of the fans?

Whether they take action based on those opinions is a different discussion.

1 hour ago, Ian Black 8 said:

They must think Hearts fans are bampots. 😀 

1 hour ago, periodictabledancer said:

He definitely referenced JKB (can't recall if it was by name) when he justified the appointment of Naismith because it was what the fans wanted. 

No he didn't :lol:

Daniel Stendel was appointed following my suggestion on Kickback.

That's established fact is it not? 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Ian Black 8 said:

Good confirmation. 

And when you take out the extreme posts, especially after a defeat it's probably a decent read and a decent representation of the support.

I imagine a group of players, especially young lads having a wee (or big drink), playing fifa or the likes then  reading  the comment's and ripping the pish out of each other ( and posters).

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

They must think Hearts fans are bampots. 😀 

This just confirms that some are bampots.

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Not something you want credit for tbh.....

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, boag1874 said:

They’ll monitor it to gauge fan opinion, same with x, facebook, instagram etc. I doubt they’ll be sitting scrolling through the whole thing but they’ll use all forms of social media honestly probably even fringe stuff like Hearts Talk. As much as a lot of pure shite gets posted it definitely gives an indication that when put together with everything else gives a pretty broad spectrum of how the fans feel. Doesn’t mean they always have to listen if they have but they’d be daft not to use it for analysis.

Agree. Qualitative analysis is very difficult and expensive to obtain from any customer base so you'd be remiss not to use something like JKB to gain some form of insight. And like any analysis, you'd be careful to be aware of all the limitations of said approach.

I personally hope they're more interested in the shed, that'll give them some proper insights into how radge some of the posters on here are 😂

Percival King

Wouldn't surprise me if someone at the club goes into JKB to see what the hot topics are, and it's possibly right that they do, but doubt they are too influenced by what is said- if they were we'd have punted Shankland earlier in the season for being too lazy/overweight, we'd have sacked Naismith (and probably his successors) and everyone else in any sort of position of power at the club and we'd currently be putting another tier on the Wheatfield. And we'd probably be on some sort of SFA charge for complaining about dodgy referees after every game.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

The club only pay attention to JKB after it’s been rehashed by Banderson. FACT 

47 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

This just confirms that some are bampots.

I am indeed, a Bampot. Sometimes a Bamstick.

3 hours ago, May one-six said:

I hope players don't take any of the nonsense on here seriously.

I hope they do. 

*LOVE YOU SHANKS* 

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Good confirmation. 

And when you take out the extreme posts, especially after a defeat it's probably a decent read and a decent representation of the support.

I imagine a group of players, especially young lads having a wee (or big drink), playing fifa or the likes then  reading  the comment's and ripping the pish out of each other ( and posters).

Not even going to run on to that through ball …………. open goal as well 

3 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Thanks for that.