"The PS3 Thread"

North Berwick Jambo

North Berwick Jambo

Well seeing as its a brand new board i thought i might as well add an official PS3 thread.

So who's playing what at the minute? I am wondering what game to get next, enjoyed the Burnout Paradise demo but my mate has just bought Assassins Creed & i have to admit it looks stunning aswell. Also looking forward to the new GTA.

My PS3 online ID is Eastfortunejambo if anyone wants to add me.

PS... I couldnt help but notice the special Xboxlive bit on the menu above, So when do we get a PS3 then mods?

cod4 is flukin amazing espec with hd digital tv sound etc etc, trying to get a gorgie army together!!

Username is mikeyt11, i think u tried to add me as a friend earlier but summit went wrong:527::527:

North Berwick Jambo
cod4 is flukin amazing espec with hd digital tv sound etc etc, trying to get a gorgie army together!!

Username is mikeyt11, i think u tried to add me as a friend earlier but summit went wrong:527::527:

I will try & add you at somepoint tonight mate!

my name is ps3sarekeek anyone for a game of pacman :dribble:

Yeah ok then bro, why are you never off mine when you are here then?

PS... Yer username would be more like MaMissuswinnyletmebuyone! ;)

North Berwick Jambo

I finally managed to get my hands on a copy of Uncharted,Drakes Fortune & i am impresssed, looking forward to a relaxing weekend completing it!

Thought i would try & add a few trailers via Youtube as i havent tried it on the new board..

Eye Of Judgement

[yt]22K6DwAzWbk[/yt]

Burnout Paradise

[yt]R-kF-PTcLlA[/yt]

Latest GTA trailer

[yt]e4yx1s-l6f8[/yt]

Metal Gear Solid 4

[yt]Ad3Idd7iYiY[/yt]

;)

jack D and coke

Metal Gear looks like the last 2. Half an hour of gameplay amongst 15 hours of cutscenes. How cheesy does it sound? "An old man tired of battle"???!!!

Cringey.

Started off looking the business then fell back into what that Kojima is all about. He wants to make movies not games.

Darth Sidious

I am enjoying my recently purchased PS3. I have Sega Rally, Resistance:Fall of Man and unfortunately I am lost in a game called Oblivion just now. COD4 or Uncharted are next to be purchased though.

Red_Dwarf_Posse

I am also playing uncharted at the minute, the game is class, also got pro ev online my username is carnie87. Got cod4 aswell but it aint my type of game, im not really into 1st person shooters and ive only played it once

Jambodave is my user addy on PS3,I have CoD4, Blazing angels, and Fifa08.

I have added MikeyT but having probs connecting online, I am offshore for a fortnight, but will be up for a game when I come home.

BTW CoD4 is extremely addictive online.

North Berwick Jambo
Jambodave is my user addy on PS3

My name is Jambo1874

paddy1874

Red_Dwarf_Posse

my username is carnie87.

About to add all five of you to my friends list, if anyone fancies a game of Pro-Evo at any point tonight give me a shout on here.

Cheers Crawf (eastfortunejambo)

... is jambo78, i usually play ROFM capture flag somerset.

I sometime play against/with adam1874hmfc - anybody know him? I assume he's a jambo

I sometime play against/with adam1874hmfc - anybody know him? I assume he's a jambo

What gives you that idea?

North Berwick Jambo

I have added you along with the other five. :thumb:

What gives you that idea?

1874 was when the club was founded and the hmfc probably stands for Heart Of Midlothian Football Club, I guess he is called adam.

• 1 month later...

Must have missed this thread first time round.

Been playing CoD4 recently as well as SingStar (it's a great laugh)

Will add you guys.

My PSN is JamboRossi79 (imaginative eh ?)

gorgie army sounds great, ive just completed the game and aint tried online yet but wld be up for joining my online tag is youngauskas86

North Berwick Jambo

Recently finished Uncharted, Drakes Fortune & i was quite impressed overall, now about to start Ghost Recon 2.

Recently finished Uncharted, Drakes Fortune & i was quite impressed overall, now about to start Ghost Recon 2.

Me too, was very impressed. I don't often complete games either.

Well seeing as its a brand new board i thought i might as well add an official PS3 thread.

So who's playing what at the minute? I am wondering what game to get next, enjoyed the Burnout Paradise demo but my mate has just bought Assassins Creed & i have to admit it looks stunning aswell. Also looking forward to the new GTA.

My PS3 online ID is Eastfortunejambo if anyone wants to add me.

PS... I couldnt help but notice the special Xboxlive bit on the menu above, So when do we get a PS3 then mods?

You don't get gamerpoint, achievments and player rating on the PS3 and thats really all that is about.

I'm trying to decide what to start on next:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Half Life 2

The Darkness

thoughts?

Sigma mate it's the best game on the PS3 bar COD4

North Berwick Jambo

Found a few more PS3 trailers so i thought i would post some of them up..

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Prototype

Wipeout HD

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7Wykf6SoJmE

Silent Hill 5

Rainbow Six Vegas 2

http://youtube.com/watch?v=I_nFZty2cuU

Iron Man

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6RBF5-53nTA

Resident Evil 5

Gran Turismo 5 - Prologue

Africa (wtf is this one all about?)

Oh & a cool new PS3 advert (US-TV)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8Zm40dES9Zs

;)

When the feck is Little Big Planet coming out thats all i want to know.Been waiting on this game for nearly a year now and still no sign of it.All you get is the odd teaser trailer now and again on PSN and demonstration videos whenever there is a big development gameshow.Doing my nut in the amount of delays the PS3 has gamewise.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I'm looking forward to Star Wars: Forces Unleashed.

Does anyone know how much I'll get if I trade in the following games at Game?

- NBA 2K7

- NNL 2K7

- Virtual Tennis 3

- Formula 1

- Tiger Woods 07

- Kane & Lynch

- Stranglehold

North Berwick Jambo
When the feck is Little Big Planet coming out thats all i want to know.Been waiting on this game for nearly a year now and still no sign of it.All you get is the odd teaser trailer now and again on PSN and demonstration videos whenever there is a big development gameshow.Doing my nut in the amount of delays the PS3 has gamewise.

Still want to know what they were on when they came up with the idea! :confused:

(for those who havent seen it yet.)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P6OKeTFncxc

This is still the latest update when it comes to the official UK release date.

"Original announcements pointed to a release early in 2008, but recently Sony have confirmed that the game has indeed been delayed and is now aiming for a September release for the UK. Amazon.com has it for preorder with a release date of September 16, 2008"

Still want to know what they were on when they came up with the idea! :confused:

(for those who havent seen it yet.)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P6OKeTFncxc

This is still the latest update when it comes to the official UK release date.

"Original announcements pointed to a release early in 2008, but recently Sony have confirmed that the game has indeed been delayed and is now aiming for a September release for the UK. Amazon.com has it for preorder with a release date of September 16, 2008"

You make your on game puzzle levels,the more mind boggling the better and post them on PSN to share and review with other users.Up to 4 players can play on the levels all needing to do there own individual job to make sure everyone can finnish the level.Totally new,fresh and creative instead of the generic shooter this batch of consoles have produced.If it had been a Nintendo product everyone would be swooning over it the games industry people can't get enough of it.I really can't wait for this game.

North Berwick Jambo

I have just put a thread in the Discounts, Offers bit letting folk know about Amazon.com selling this amazing game today for just ?24.99 (was ?49.99) , i realised that not everyone can view it in there so i though i would stick the link for the PS3 version in here aswell just incase anyone was thinking about getting it.

Here you go.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/UBI-Soft-Assassins-Creed-PS3/dp/B000I1I9QS/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1203967945&sr=8-2

;)

- NBA 2K7 ?7

- NNL 2K7 ?7

- Virtual Tennis 3 ?15!!!

- Formula 1 ?9

- Tiger Woods 07 ?10

- Kane & Lynch ?12

- Stranglehold ?12

At CEX games in Rose Street. It totals up to ?72

Gavsy Van Gaverson
- NBA 2K7 ?7

- NNL 2K7 ?7

- Virtual Tennis 3 ?15!!!

- Formula 1 ?9

- Tiger Woods 07 ?10

- Kane & Lynch ?12

- Stranglehold ?12

At CEX games in Rose Street. It totals up to ?72

Cheers Hughesie.

DigitalTwisted

My PSN id is DigitalTwisted, I play FIFA and F1.

I'll add you all, be good to have some good jambos on the list.

Still waiting to play a real killer game on the PS3 that is exclusive.

Nothing so far has come anywhere near a Bioshock or a Mass Effect or had the total fun of a Crackdown.Seriously Drakes Fortune was ok but i really think people think it is better than what it really is(a dumbed down Tomb Raider)just because there is nothing else really out.I have high hopes for Haze but have not heard alot about it lately and Unreal Tournament may just be the PS3'S Gears Of War but still no killer titles.

Just bought COD4 on friday so i will add in the names above and if anyone elsewants to add me my tag is coastattack. also the same on xbox 360

see you online

Arthur Morgan

i have 13 games cant be bothered going through them all but the main ones i play are fifa 08 cod 4 sometimes burnout paradise and resistance

so if anyone wants to add me my ps3 id is jambo1234

i have 13 games cant be bothered going through them all but the main ones i play are fifa 08 cod 4 sometimes burnout paradise and resistance

so if anyone wants to add me my ps3 id is jambo1234

You apparently have too many friends ;)

What is the limit ?

Right guys, few questions. I'm thinking of investing in a PS3 shortly.

1. How much does it cost to play online? I have broadband at home for my PC as it is. Will i need to buy anything else or pay a monthly charge?

2. Every keeps saying theres no "killer" games out just now, when are they coming out?

3. Is there a shoot em up type game I can play on line, similar to the likes of counterstrike etc?

Cheers

Right guys, few questions. I'm thinking of investing in a PS3 shortly.

1. How much does it cost to play online? I have broadband at home for my PC as it is. Will i need to buy anything else or pay a monthly charge?

2. Every keeps saying theres no "killer" games out just now, when are they coming out?

3. Is there a shoot em up type game I can play on line, similar to the likes of counterstrike etc?

Cheers

1. It has a wireless card built in so if you have a wireless router in your house you connect to that. It is entirely free. Some things on the Playstation Store cost money (games, movies etc) but you just add funds from a debit/credit card for that.

2. Well as far as i'm concerned there are plenty of great games out. Uncharted, COD4, Orange Box, Skate, Fifa and others. You've also got GTA4 on the immediate horizon. The other two big "killer titles" are really Resi Evil and Metal Gear Solid which are still some time away.

3.COD4 is the big one for online play. It is pretty similar to CS but obviously nowhere near as good. But then not many games are!

North Berwick Jambo
Every keeps saying theres no "killer" games out just now, when are they coming out?

Here are a few out of the many hundreds of titles due for release on the PS3 over the next 12 months or so.

Pain, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, Battle for the Pacific, Dark Sector, FIFA Street 3, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, SOCOM: Confrontation, Wipeout HD, Grand Theft Auto IV, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Time Crisis 4, Alone in the Dark, Hellboy: The Science of Evil, Indiana Jones , The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian,

Battlefield: Bad Company, Ghostbusters, Tom Clancy's Endwar, Beijing 2008, LittleBigPlanet, Soul Calibur IV, Borderlands, Resistance 2, Street Fighter IV, Tomb Raider: Underworld, Dirty Harry, Final Fantasy XIII, Haze, Killzone 2, Mafia 2, Motorstorm 2, Prince of Persia, Resident Evil 5, Silent Hill 5, Tekken 6, TimeSplitters 4, Far Cry 2, God of War 3 & Alien.

That enough for you? ;)

Here are a few out of the many hundreds of titles due for release on the PS3 over the next 12 months or so.

Pain, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, Battle for the Pacific, Dark Sector, FIFA Street 3, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, SOCOM: Confrontation, Wipeout HD, Grand Theft Auto IV, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Time Crisis 4, Alone in the Dark, Hellboy: The Science of Evil, Indiana Jones , The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian,

Battlefield: Bad Company, Ghostbusters, Tom Clancy's Endwar, Beijing 2008, LittleBigPlanet, Soul Calibur IV, Borderlands, Resistance 2, Street Fighter IV, Tomb Raider: Underworld, Dirty Harry, Final Fantasy XIII, Haze, Killzone 2, Mafia 2, Motorstorm 2, Prince of Persia, Resident Evil 5, Silent Hill 5, Tekken 6, TimeSplitters 4, Far Cry 2, God of War 3 & Alien.

That enough for you? ;)

Out of that i'll buy LBP,Resistance 2,Haze,Motorstorm 2 and can't wait until God Of War 3 comes out for it.I'll be willing to be more than half that list suffers delays on the PS3.

Fifa and COD4 are both amazing, also like tiger woods 08 for on-line play good fun, used to be a pro evo fan but fifa beats it this year for me, PS3 name is melf if anyone wants to add me!

Archived