Happy New Year!

Greedy Jambo

I've never understood it, I mean, what are we actually celebrating? the fact that we've not been hit by a meteor? we're still alive? or are we just looking forward to going back to work and placing more Amazon orders?

Agreed.

It’s the most pointless ‘celebration’ of the year.

If it’s an excuse to drink yourself into oblivion, then that’s just all it is - an excuse.  That particular trait can be carried out any night of the year.

mrmarkus1981_1

Although this year, it's the first time in a long while I'll be in the same place as my two sisters, my older brother and my mum at the same time, amongst others. Usually weddings or funerals, so that's a plus... Mibbe 👌

mrmarkus1981_1
Just now, Irufushi said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 . Hope you’re well loon . 

Getting older very ungracefully, but feck it YOLO

That thing you do
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I've never understood it, I mean, what are we actually celebrating? the fact that we've not been hit by a meteor? we're still alive? or are we just looking forward to going back to work and placing more Amazon orders?

In our house its a reset point and a chance to reflect. We do our annual finance report as we budget Jan -Dec so we see where we are vs where we thought we were and adjust our "one off expenses budget" based on if it was too high or too low.

We set out our expected monthly costs and financial target and add in end of year balance as the new year starting point.

Sounds boring but our mortgage will be done in less than 4 years and should be done by June. 

From there its debt free investing for the next 20 years.

Edited by That thing you do

mrmarkus1981_1
7 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Nothing graceful about the rapid decline sunshine. 

Here for a good time, not a long time lad. Life is too short ♥️

Is one thread not enough for you lot to tell us how much you hate new year? 

I love it, probably because none of you are going to be where I am. 😁

8 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

Is one thread not enough for you lot to tell us how much you hate new year? 

I love it, probably because none of you are going to be where I am. 😁

No ‘probably’ about it.

Definitely.

Just now, Morgan said:

No ‘probably’ about it.

Definitely.

Not sure about that to be fair, might be at least one there, possibly two. 😉

1 hour ago, That thing you do said:

In our house its a reset point and a chance to reflect. We do our annual finance report as we budget Jan -Dec so we see where we are vs where we thought we were and adjust our "one off expenses budget" based on if it was too high or too low.

We set out our expected monthly costs and financial target and add in end of year balance as the new year starting point.

Sounds boring but our mortgage will be done in less than 4 years and should be done by June. 

From there its debt free investing for the next 20 years.

"We do our annual finance report" - ffs - I start apologising to the neighbours about October, the waynes get to stay up to see Dad pissed with fireworks, bung on strictly 80s music only, stop fights, start fights, pop as many slidenafil as poss hoping for my annual stonner and end up havin a sherman over Jacqui Bird - shes still got it btw - take divots out the garden having decided to give the chaps a golf lesson - wake up in the shed admiring my dads old metal vice wi ma wee dug - happy days

1 minute ago, Berrassobad said:

"We do our annual finance report" - ffs - I start apologising to the neighbours about October, the waynes get to stay up to see Dad pissed with fireworks, bung on strictly 80s music only, stop fights, start fights, pop as many slidenafil as poss hoping for my annual stonner and end up havin a sherman over Jacqui Bird - shes still got it btw - take divots out the garden having decided to give the chaps a golf lesson - wake up in the shed admiring my dads old metal vice wi ma wee dug - happy days

I think that sounds great.  All of it.

But, you know what?  

I’m not sure.

Just now, Irufushi said:

Ooooh 🤣 it’s whatever camp yer into . 

Ill never live Pattaya down - Happy new year when it comes - to you and yours

That thing you do
8 minutes ago, Berrassobad said:

🤣 beats a spreadsheet 

6 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

🤣 beats a spreadsheet 

nah I love a spreadsheet - bung Shanks in your next one for the upcoming  "Budge"-et - and dont start me on a good list - ever since i walked into a room and thot why the f am i here about 5 years ago 

Edited by Berrassobad
elmer j fud

Doctor FinnBarr
49 minutes ago, Berrassobad said:

"Mum, the man from next door is wandering around his garden naked from the waist down waving a golf club"

3 hours ago, Berrassobad said:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952nfaaeoxc3cn9mjz17

7 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

6 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Never understood it either. Normally in my Kip before it. 

5 hours ago, Morgan said:

Agreed.

It’s the most pointless ‘celebration’ of the year.

If it’s an excuse to drink yourself into oblivion, then that’s just all it is - an excuse.  That particular trait can be carried out any night of the year.

5 hours ago, Tazio said:

I despise enforced jollity. 

J.T.F.Robertson

Another circuit of old Sol and one more year nearer "home". What's not to celebrate?  😕

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

There needs to be a defined cut off for wishing a Happy New Year. I go back to work on 8th and folk will still be wishing it.

I might try and start a new superstition that it has to be said by 1pm on 2nd Jan otherwise you get bad luck....or a family member dies......that would stop a few folk.

Of course to aid in bedding it in I will have to kill a few folk but I'm not one to shy away from a bit of graft.

Edited by Der Kaiser

il Duce McTarkin
On 29/12/2023 at 22:29, Berrassobad said:

:yas:

ri Alban
On 29/12/2023 at 19:37, Greedy Jambo said:

Probably the fact Christmas was banned, so Scots moved everything to hogmanay and new year's day. Tho since Christmas has taken over the past 60 years, new year has began to take a back seat.

Presbyterian feckwits banning Christmas.