Dental implants (UK)

OBE

been here before
1 hour ago, OBE said:

Anyone on here had em done and was it sair?

My Mrs got one done. Might have been sore, she probably told me but I wouldnt have been listening or paying attention.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

My Mrs got one done. Might have been sore, she probably told me but I wouldnt have been listening or paying attention.

😂👏

Physical pain is temporary ( most of the time) see tattoos and that. 

If had the money I'd rip all the teeth I've got left and replace them with implants. 

Obviously have to get them fag tinted to avoid the glare that these things usually have

39 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

Physical pain is temporary ( most of the time) see tattoos and that. 

If had the money I'd rip all the teeth I've got left and replace them with implants. 

Obviously have to get them fag tinted to avoid the glare that these things usually have

Boy at work went to Turkey came back looking like a horse.

😂😂😂

Broke a crown and was given the choice of getting what was left pulled or an implant. I asked the cost and was told £3500 - now that would be sore. The stump has now been pulled to the relief of my wallet.

Psychedelicropcircle

I’ve just had one done. I got about six jags for the metalwork to be inserted into the bone. Took about an hour. This was back in August & only had the tooth fitted last week. I didn’t need any bone graf work. 

it looks & feels fine, the biggest benefit is not having to poligrip a plate in every day 🤢 

1 hour ago, Ked said:

😂😂😂

Quality. Did he forget to tell the boy what size to put in 😁

5 hours ago, Ked said:

😂😂😂

I've seen him.

Think he lives in Penicuik . . . . !

Tbh I have told myself if I lose any front teeth this is what I will be doing. Still got a decent full set of healthy teeth. 

Expensive but worth it in the long run Imo. 

3 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

I’ve just had one done. I got about six jags for the metalwork to be inserted into the bone. Took about an hour. This was back in August & only had the tooth fitted last week. I didn’t need any bone graf work. 

it looks & feels fine, the biggest benefit is not having to poligrip a plate in every day 🤢 

I lost my three top front teeth in a motorcycle accident in 1979 and had a plate ever since.  Never once needed poligrip. 😬

9 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Also no really sair 😁

:thumbsup:

Got hit in the pus with a swing in my teenage years, lost one tooth and cracked another, dentist used another 2 to build the dridge, 40 years it's lasted, credit to my original dentist. It's all become rather wobbly now. Current dentist recommends 3 implants at the front for the structure of 4 front teeth, couldn't live with a denture plate. 6k is gonna be the bill. No really sair you say...:cheese:

Thought there was a credit crunch, maybe not, another carry on is root treatment, 3 days of pain,

never again, remove it.

as for 6000 pounds for some teeth, beyond me, thought lawyers were expensive,

Psychedelicropcircle
15 hours ago, OBE said:

:thumbsup:

Got hit in the pus with a swing in my teenage years, lost one tooth and cracked another, dentist used another 2 to build the dridge, 40 years it's lasted, credit to my original dentist. It's all become rather wobbly now. Current dentist recommends 3 implants at the front for the structure of 4 front teeth, couldn't live with a denture plate. 6k is gonna be the bill. No really sair you say...:cheese:

A similar story went over my handlebars 40 years ago. Had every option until 3 years of a plate forced my hand. It’s not vanity it’s an end to the poligrip which gave me the boak