The con is on

Spellczech

Rip offs, Fake goods, Nigerian Lotteries...

Don't be a victim - boast about it right here!

Mine? I paid £140 for a pair of Gucci sunglasses from the 1980s (apparently) on Etsy which turned out to be fake (The way you can tell with sunglasses is to try to scratch the brand or model number on the inside of the arm - if it scratches off then the sunglasses are fakies...

I felt a bit silly but TBH I knew that Gucci in the 80s was rip-off sht as the brand was comoditised, so at least I didn't actually think I was getting quality I just thought I was getting a rather cool looking pair of sunglasses for my collection but it was not to be...

Phil D. Corners

So much stuff off Amazon recently from random companies I’ve never heard of. It’s generally cheap crap.

Always Google the companies website if you’re not sure.  👌🏻

5 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I was conned once when buying a SHED. 

Did the Police SHED any light on it?

ah such an easy mistake to make...Move to Shed please. Terrace is limited to sacking manager chat of course...

Edited by Spellczech

I bought a fake Rolex in Chinatown in New York a few years ago. The thing is though I was more than aware it was fake and was buying it for a gag. I collect watches to a certain extent but nothing in that price bracket. So to combat my workmates asking why I don't have a Rolex I decided to buy one. Not that I'd buy one even if I had the cash. 

Popped the steel bracelet off it and replaced it with a leather strap, and bugger me the thing keeps perfect time. A fake but a good one and I'll happily wear it when I'm working and nobody clocks what it is as it's on leather. 

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Mine? I paid £140 for a pair of Gucci sunglasses from the 1980s (apparently) on Etsy which turned out to be fake (The way you can tell with sunglasses is to try to scratch the brand or model number on the inside of the arm - if it scratches off then the sunglasses are fakies...

I felt a bit silly but TBH I knew that Gucci in the 80s was rip-off sht as the brand was comoditised, so at least I didn't actually think I was getting quality I just thought I was getting a rather cool looking pair of sunglasses for my collection but it was not to be...

A wide boy in my office was selling ‘Police’ sunglasses at a tenner a pair 🙄 and these stick-on bras that are strapless, for £2.

I bought two pairs of the glasses and about twenty odd sets of the nipple covers for my wife’s office colleagues.

The specs fell apart and the nipple covers lost their stick after one use.

In Tenerife on a holiday as a lad, chanced upon a YAHAMA discman at an extremely good price.

Upon closer inspection back home it was actually YAHAIVIA.

Worked fine mind you, well unless you moved and then it jumped more than Van Halen.

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

A wide boy in my office was selling ‘Police’ sunglasses at a tenner a pair 🙄 and these stick-on bras that are strapless, for £2.

I bought two pairs of the glasses and about twenty odd sets of the nipple covers for my wife’s office colleagues.

The specs fell apart and the nipple covers lost their stick after one use.

:cornette_dog:

...a bit disco
3 hours ago, Phil D. Corners said:

So much stuff off Amazon recently from random companies I’ve never heard of. It’s generally cheap crap.

Always Google the companies website if you’re not sure.  👌🏻

Plus you can get the same cheap crap even cheaper on Temu, Wish, etc.

👍

3 hours ago, Costanza said:

In Tenerife on a holiday as a lad, chanced upon a YAHAMA discman at an extremely good price.

Upon closer inspection back home it was actually YAHAIVIA.

Worked fine mind you, well unless you moved and then it jumped more than Van Halen.

:D I had similar. Bought a Tag HELIER watch in Bangkok. Paid pennies for it though and it worked fine, even once the "gold" had flaked off.

3 hours ago, TallPaul said:

I married what I thought was a right little nymph. 10 years and 2 kids later turns out shes got a lot of headaches 

Did you not take out an extended warranty?

scott herbertson
19 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Did you not take out an extended warranty?

It's called a life sentence, I think

Jambof3tornado
5 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Remember flying back into Brize Norton from Saudi years ago and some guy was bragging about his Gucci watch......had a quick look and told him it was a fake,guy was adamant it wasnt,I said well you have though Gucci wouldn't get the spelling wrong...yup his watch was a genuine Cuggi!!!

I remember an ex bought be a beautiful " gold " chain.  " Gold" my arse...it started to get more and more rusty after every shower. 

13 hours ago, redjambo said:

:D I had similar. Bought a Tag HELIER watch in Bangkok. Paid pennies for it though and it worked fine, even once the "gold" had flaked off.

:laugh2:

12 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I remember an ex bought be a beautiful " gold " chain.  " Gold" my arse...it started to get more and more rusty after every shower. 

Still got the padlock? :thumbsup:

We got conned in bangkok last month. We went to the MBK for football tops for the bairns, just as we got there the security guard said it was shut, He told us about a better place in china town and to get a tuktuk as it was much cheaper. Ended up paying 80baht for a 10-15 min ride to a suit shop. Jokes on him though cause I like going on tuk tuks and have paid more for shorter journeys.