BBC Ditches Question of Sport.

been here before

periodictabledancer
9 hours ago, Chaps said:

It’s been shite for years.

Binning Sue Barker for that complete melt Paddy Mcginnes was final nail in the coffin.

100% this.

22 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Am I right in saying the first team captain's were Henry Cooper and Cliff Morgan?

A Question of Sport's first captains were boxer Henry Cooper and rugby player Cliff Morgan. The longest serving included rugby player Bill Beaumont making 319 appearances and footballer Ally McCoist making 363. The record is held by rugby player Matt Dawson who appeared in the show for 17 years from 2004 to 2021

3 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

So Paddy McGuinness has killed both Top Gear and Question of Sport?

can we get him involved with the OF, hibs and the SFA?

I preferred it with David vine and Coleman . Sue Barker was awful . Great tennis player but mediocre host 

Francis Albert

The first presenter was the disgraced peodophile Stuart Hall who hosted a pilot of the show in 1968, a few years before the regular show. Presumably on the back of  his fronting It's a Knockout with Eddy Waring. 

I am hoping that the ghastly Paddy McGuiness now gets to host one or more  of the many "reality tv" shows that have spread across prime time television and starts getting them shut down. Having watched Question of Sport for 50 years I could only watch (or rather listen to) 5 minutes of Paddy

Edited by Francis Albert

13 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The first presenter was the disgraced peodophile Stuart Hall who hosted a pilot of the show in 1968, a few years before the regular show. Presumably on the back of  his fronting It's a Knockout with Eddy Waring. 

I am hoping that the ghastly Paddy McGuiness now gets to host one or more  of the many "reality tv" shows that have spread across prime time television and starts getting them shut down. Having watched Question of Sport for 50 years I could only watch (or rather listen to) 5 minutes of Paddy

Yes he ruined it 

been here before
18 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

...disgraced peodophile...

As opposed to a celebrated one?

Edited by been here before

Shanks said no

TELEMMGLPICT000218283296_trans_NvBQzQNjv

19 million viewers tuned in 1987

Under a million with Paddy

Edited by Shanks said no

Used to watch it all the time, years ago. Genuinely didn’t even know it was still on.

I definitely wouldn’t watch now, especially if it’s that bell-end McGuinness that’s presenting it.

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

can we get him involved with the OF, hibs and the SFA?

Things always happen in threes though. So in the last year McGuinness has killed:

his marriage

Top Gear

Question Of Sport

A busy 12 months. 

Francis Albert
42 minutes ago, been here before said:

As opposed to a celebrated one?

As opposed to one who has not been caught. See Saville and Hall before they were publicly outed. Before that far from being disgraced they enjoyed decades of fame. acclaim  and fortune.

been here before
7 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I preferred it with David vine and Coleman . Sue Barker was awful . Great tennis player but mediocre host 

James forgetting who he's pretending is on his much vanted " on ignore " yet again.

:rofl:

20 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Hopefully Question Time next!

Your Education minister took a beasting on it on Thursday.  She made Liz Truss look intellectual.

5 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

BBC always been pushing a woke agenda. That’sa fairly unconvincing trans person in the green. Look at the Adam’s Apple. 

😂😂😂😂👀

On 15/12/2023 at 22:54, been here before said:

Canning it after 53 years. Was a surprise to find it was still on, its been shite for decades.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67731546

Used  to love QoS in the 80s and early 90s. 

It steadily went downhill... 

The bit that ruined it for me was when they showed some behind the scenes thing (can't remember when but Sue Barker years and after Chocolate Sally's time as a captain) and you saw just how over produced it had become with team captain's/guests being fed hints/reshooting answers to questions etc.