Shankland - wins Cinch Premiership player of the season (updated)

Jackhmfc1348

soonbe110
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip, folk aren't making sense with that.

Shankland doesn't guarantee anything either.

Whisper it- I've seen us finish 3rd without Shankland .....just two seasons ago- and we scored far more goals!

Something that few realise. 

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Sooks

Shooter McGavin
1 hour ago, mellors1874 said:

Explain why I would love to know.

Shankland has been sensational for us, back-to-back seasons scoring 20+ goals, only 1 goal behind Robbo for the best European goalscorer in the clubs history, first Hearts player to win POTY, pretty much dragged us kicking and screaming to a third place finish this year (bagging us £5 mill), scored in our first league win at Celtic park since 2009, scored a hattrick against Celtic, last minute winner vs Hibs…

And you’re taking the huff because he very well might use this opportunity to get one last big contract, which could possibly be double or even triple the wages he’s getting the now and as a result, set his family up for life.

As has been pointed out by several on here, you’re being absolutely ridiculous, and coming across like a petulant wee child.

soonbe110
37 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Folk claiming that £2m is some sort of good fee 🤣 

Seriously guys you’ve been left behind.  It Would have been a good fee for Jim Hamilton.  25 years ago.

rangers want £4m for tavernier 🤣🤣

Not sure anyone is saying it’s a good fee.  Think some of us are saying it’s probably the best offer we are likely to get unless he scores for fun at the euros.  Approaching 29, failed in Belgium, success at Hearts and biggest weakness is a lack of pace, pace being a critical and essential factor in today’s game at a higher level.   

db211833
2 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

The club will not accept a bid under £5M for Shankland, regardless of the fact he's about to enter the final year of his contract. 

He's scored 56 goals in less than 2 seasons.

He's been voted players player of the year in Scotland. 

He'll likely be voted writers player of the year too. 

He's back in the international fold.

His goals, overall play and influence is worth at least that amount given the potential of further European football.

If this was the OF, they'd want £20M! 😂

£5M or more for a championship club or a club on the continent is peanuts.

Can't believe I'm seeing £2M or thereabouts being suggested 🤯 That wouldn't get his boots.

You are sadly going to be disappointed I suspect. If Shanks decides he wants to leave we won't be getting 5m

naeclue

I'm still in the I'd rather not sell camp.  If an offer comes in that is a fabulous opportunity for Shanks, I wouldn't want the club to stand in his way, but I don't think we sell for less than 5 million.  If he stays for the final year and leaves for nothing, then I'd live with that.  

I don't think transfer fees are reliable these days.  We need the predictable income of season tickets and European football about every other season, and we can build a wage bill around that.

It's adding to our wage bill, bringing through young players, and finding players who are out of favour but still good, that's our best way of operating for me.

If we get £5 million for Shanks, we can't sign a £5 million player - I don't think we can afford the wages that goes with that individual.  

soonbe110
32 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

then he stays.  £400k a point in Europe, league prize money, cup prize money and the possibility of Europe again. 

Want to be a big club.  Act like one 👍🏻

He isn’t the only guy who could score for us next season. He has only scored in one of our last seven games and that was a pen.  In those seven games we scored 9 goals despite failing to score in three of them. 

i wish jj was my dad
36 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

100%.  Want to be a big club.  

time to start ****ing acting like one and not like a small time club desperate for a few coins that couldn’t buy a Kevin Nisbet. 

hopefully the club have a spine 

The club cannae really win to be fair. When a player wants to leave, we cant force him to stay so we generally stand our ground. That doesn't realise the best transfer fee but it helps retain talent and sends a message out to the world that if somebody wants our player they pay full whack. 

After seeing McCann, Cameron, Naysmith and Niemi go for a fraction of their worth I'm much happier with that. 

trotter
26 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

FFS how hard is it.

If he is not staying he can sit the last three games in the stand simple as that.

If he thinks he's better than us then why should we play him.

There is nothing to play for we have third in the bag.

Everyone already knows what he can and can't do.

Plus what if he gets injured in those last three games club could miss out on making a few quid.

And next season, when he will still be on a contract with us, even if he doesn't extend now? Just leave our most prolific striker in years on the bench because he's headed elsewhere? 

Lunacy

GinRummy
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He isn’t the only guy who could score for us next season. He has only scored in one of our last seven games and that was a pen.  In those seven games we scored 9 goals despite failing to score in three of them. 

I agree. He’s an important player. Next season is a new season. We done it without him the season after promotion and we have a bigger budget now.  A bigger spread of goals throughout the squad and a probable change to our playing style if he leaves. 

soonbe110
15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

they were out of contract. That happens in every league. Kylian Mbappe is about to leave on a free. 

what you don’t do is drop your knickers for a couple of coins in desperation.

And £2m in 2024 is the equivalent of £200k 20 years ago.  Again, last post for today in this topic but if we want to be a big club better start acting like one 

In five footballing months time he signs a pre-contract which is pretty much  giving him away free. 

And £200k 20 years ago would be worth about £500k today. So today’s £2m is more like £800k 20 years ago.  

CaptainShanks
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

There's much less effective strikers hanging around in English Championship and League One valued around 10 million and more.

Spot on. We are talking about a league where Ellis Simms went for 9 million having only proven himself at Scottish Premiership and League One level. Simms has the physical attributes but as a goalscorer there is no comparison. Ross Stewart went for the same and Shankland is above him in the Scotland pecking order.

If Shankland stays our chances of getting third again, and pocketing money from wins and draws in Europe are exponentially higher. Without him we weren't finishing third this year or winning the Rosenborg tie. 5 million for Europe, the prize money for finishing third etc. He is two goals off being our record European goalscorer. 

If no one offers his market value we aren't going to sell. It's that simple. We are a financially secure club. The days of us selling our prized assets for buttons are over. Aberdeen are wanting 7 million for Miovski and fair play to them. That is what he is worth in this market. 

Before anyone mentions his age Dessers is the same age and Rangers paid 4 million for him last summer. 

CaptainShanks
Just now, CaptainShanks said:

Spot on. We are talking about a league where Ellis Simms went for 9 million. Simms has the physical attributes but as a goalscorer there is no comparison. Ross Stewart went for the same and Shankland is above him in the Scotland pecking order.

If Shankland stays our chances of getting third again, and pocketing money from wins and draws in Europe are exponentially higher. Without him we weren't finishing third this year or winning the Rosenborg tie. 5 million for Europe, the prize money for finishing third etc. He is two goals off being our record European goalscorer. 

If no one offers his market value we aren't going to sell. It's that simple. We are a financially secure club. The days of us selling our prized assets for buttons are over. Aberdeen are wanting 7 million for Miovski and fair play to them. That is what he is worth in this market. 

Before anyone mentions his age Dessers is the same age and Rangers paid 4 million for him last summer. 

soonbe110
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I agree. He’s an important player. Next season is a new season. We done it without him the season after promotion and we have a bigger budget now.  A bigger spread of goals throughout the squad and a probable change to our playing style if he leaves. 

👍 probably better to watch as well. 

frankblack

31 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

then leave it.  We aren’t Livingston or Kilmarnock 

I'm sure we will if we don't get a reasonable sum.

29 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

You’re pissing into the wind here bud, folk up here still haven’t grasped the concept of inflation it seems

That has sod all to do with it.

Nobody rates Scottish Football outside Scotland.  Then when you are talking clubs outside Celtic and Sevco their valuation plummets.  Finally add in the player is in his last year of a contract.

frankblack
4 minutes ago, CaptainShanks said:

Spot on. We are talking about a league where Ellis Simms went for 9 million having only proven himself at Scottish Premiership and League One level. Simms has the physical attributes but as a goalscorer there is no comparison. Ross Stewart went for the same and Shankland is above him in the Scotland pecking order.

I'm sure the club will balance any offers vs his goals.

However, its often not great to keep a player who wants away (or his agent does).

Absolute Scenes
2 hours ago, Texaco said:

He gona be hards boots fill whenever he leaves. To sign like for like on a permanent contract will be difficult and probably take a bit of time even with cash to splash. Anything less is a step backwards. It's a competitive market for strikers. It may be the case we go down the season loan route again in the short/medium term. It could get us real quality but also has its own problems. There's alway a reason for the loan and your never sure it will work. Whatever, its going to be fascinating to see how it all pans out. I for one am not against  loan players. Kinda just see it as a player on a year contract. Which is all we've left anyway with Shanks if he stays. 

I really want us to avoid the loan route as a replacement for Shankland, as the example with Simms, getting someone who comes in and makes an impact will very likely be going back to their parent club and we are back to square one. I agree it will be hard, but I’m also quietly excited at the prospect of what fees we can offer for good strikers now that we are loaded

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Folk claiming that £2m is some sort of good fee 🤣 

Seriously guys you’ve been left behind.  It Would have been a good fee for Jim Hamilton.  25 years ago.

rangers want £4m for tavernier 🤣🤣

Has anyone Said it's a good fee?

You're getting good and realistic mixed up.

If Shankland goes for , lets say £2.5m in the summer we'd have had a good run from him and him from us.

Joined for £450k ish.

Top goal scores x2 seasons.

4th, then 3rd

Helped us get the euro millions this season.

Won poty.

Leaves for £2.5m.

Cracking signing, Cracking player, we done well, he done well and we'd have made multiple times what he cost us.

Far better than Hickey, souttar or Gino situation.

It's almost the perfect scenario, other than him being 22 and 3 years on his contract which would command a " good" fee.

Ofc, a club might bid £5m plus and it's even better, but I'm not seeing that.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I'm sure we will if we don't get a reasonable sum.

That has sod all to do with it.

Nobody rates Scottish Football outside Scotland.  Then when you are talking clubs outside Celtic and Sevco their valuation plummets.  Finally add in the player is in his last year of a contract.

I think we all generally agree Frank and you make a lot of good points, the debate here is what is reasonable?

it annoys the shite out of me that anyone still thinks £2m is reasonable in this day and age - factually it’s a very small number for any player never mind a 30 goal international striker.

Scottish football is so unbelievably tinpot.  Rangers and Celtic fans not receive better fees becuase they’ve set out their stall and teams approaching them know they won’t roll over and have their belly tickled.  Hate them all we want but they stick to their guns and are rewarded for it.  

I believe 30 goals on the pitch is worth far more than £2m to us.  And should be worth more than £2m to any prospective buyers.   If we don’t get an actual good bid then we need to stick to our guns and teams will learn in future we are not going to be bullied, not to even bother with daft bids.

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

How can he sign a pre-contract from August? 

3 months from August, as the post states.

It's 4 months!

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Has anyone Said it's a good fee?

You're getting good and realistic mixed up.

If Shankland goes for , lets say £2.5m in the summer we'd have had a good run from him and him from us.

Joined for £450k ish.

Top goal scores x2 seasons.

4th, then 3rd

Helped us get the euro millions this season.

Won poty.

Leaves for £2.5m.

Cracking signing, Cracking player, we done well, he done well and we'd have made multiple times what he cost us.

Far better than Hickey, souttar or Gino situation.

It's almost the perfect scenario, other than him being 22 and 3 years on his contract which would command a " good" fee.

Ofc, a club might bid £5m plus and it's even better, but I'm not seeing that.

No confusion here. Very simply if that’s all teams think he is worth then he stays. 

25-30 goals will be worth a lot more to hearts than £2.5m 

and we’ve set a precedent. 

Arthur Morgan
7 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip, £5/6m or a pre contract 3 months later in August.

If we get offers, they'll be around £2m, maybe £3m if lucky. 

This.

32 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If that’s suggesting a goal every second game then his hit rate is right up there with Shanklands. How many of his goals are pens? 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jonson-clarke-harris/alletore/spieler/158631

31 total career goals are penalties. 136 total goals scored, so 22% give or take. 

Shankland for comparison, 32 penalties and 186 total goals, so 17%.

Broadly comparable in that sense IMO. 

Just for fun: 

Tavernier 75 out of 134, so 56%..... 

frankblack
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think we all generally agree Frank and you make a lot of good points, the debate here is what is reasonable?

it annoys the shite out of me that anyone still thinks £2m is reasonable in this day and age - factually it’s a very small number for any player never mind a 30 goal international striker.

My heart says £5m but head thinks £2m max for the reasons I've given.

Scottish football is so unbelievably tinpot.  Rangers and Celtic fans not receive better fees becuase they’ve set out their stall and teams approaching them know they won’t roll over and have their belly tickled.  Hate them all we want but they stick to their guns and are rewarded for it.  

Part of the problem is the roaster negotiating our TV deal is selling 10 clubs short with a TV deal that is Celtic or Rangers away every game.

All anyone watching sees are the rest of the teams getting beat almost every time.

I believe 30 goals on the pitch is worth far more than £2m to us.  And should be worth more than £2m to any prospective buyers.   If we don’t get an actual good bid then we need to stick to our guns and teams will learn in future we are not going to be bullied, not to even bother with daft bids.

In England it is but we are talking non-OF Scottish here.

Arthur Morgan
11 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hed be a good fit in Serie A.  

Yeah, I agree. The slower pace will suit him more than the English Championship.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

Aye, fair point regarding his contract, another good indicator would be clubs bidding, that's not happened unless the club are choosing not to disclose. But his age? Since last season I really do think we've been watching a player come into his prime! Then comes the goals and performances, that is definitely worth millions! If Shankland was playing for the old firm, what would he be worth then? Rangers paid 5m for Desserts and Kyogo has hardly set the heather on fire this season but they'd still want 20m for him 🤷🏼‍♂️

We arent celtic or Rangers tho.

Can't think of many non OF players going for a lot of money at Shanklands age and with his contract situation. 

It's just how it is.

Mivoski will go for more as he's foreign,  younger and has longer on his contract.

We've just nabbed Blair, Penrice and Dhanda for zilch.

It's shite when on the other end of it like Souttar, but good when you benefit.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

The Zombies don’t appear to want Shankland really, but fear they could be Daily Recorded into buying him to spite us….

He’s not quick enough for the Premiership.

He’s not going abroad again, unless for mega bucks.  Saudi maybe, and I wonder if the slower pace of the game in Italy, the success some of our players are having there coupled with a good Euros could see him go there.

Or the Championship.  Birmingham, Hull, Sunderland, Bolton, West Brom, Sheffield.  All absolute shit-holes with the guarantee that the manager who signed you will be lucky to get to bonfire night…..

kingantti1874
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

My heart says £5m but head thinks £2m max for the reasons I've given.

Part of the problem is the roaster negotiating our TV deal is selling 10 clubs short with a TV deal that is Celtic or Rangers away every game.

All anyone watching sees are the rest of the teams getting beat almost every time.

In England it is but we are talking non-OF Scottish here.

Factually if shanks scores 30 goals it’s almost certainly worth more than £2m to hearts.  Becuase we will finish 3rd again, probably have done well in the cups and have qualified for Europe again.

we will never get bigger fees if we don’t start demanding them

anyway.  I think we all agree tbh, it’s just the fee and the reality is we can argue forever but our opinions are completely worthless 

Edited by kingantti1874

Selkirkhmfc1874

Factually if shanks scores 30 goals it’s almost certainly worth more than £2m to hearts.  Becuase we will finish 3rd again, probably have done well in the cups and have qualified for Europe again.

we will never get bigger fees if we don’t start demanding them

anyway.  I think we all agree tbh, it’s just the fee and the reality is we can argue forever but our opinions are completely worthless 

The problem with that is if we want to demand bigger fees agents will demand bigger wages for their clients unfortunately 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

No confusion here. Very simply if that’s all teams think he is worth then he stays. 

25-30 goals will be worth a lot more to hearts than £2.5m 

and we’ve set a precedent. 

It's not tho, we could score more goals without him, in fact we did last time we finished 3rd and the big thing is that we'll lose him anyway,  we either deal with it now with more money ( that makes replacement of said goals easier) or have to replace him and the goals without that money, £2-£3m is not an insignificant amount.

If the precedent was souttar and the £250k offered by rangers, then its different if the amount is 10 times that.

I'm sure the club would want to avoid a Souttar situation,  losing Shankland for nothing to rangers is probably worse case for the club and fans.

The only way to do that is sell him in the summer. 

I'd keep him, but being realistic  anything over £2m with Shankland keen to move will give us a decision to make.

Ofc, a club may bid £5m -I don't see it.

kingantti1874
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

The problem with that is if we want to demand bigger fees agents will demand bigger wages for their clients unfortunately 

Once they’ve signed with us we hold the ball, but yes we should be trying to sign and retain better players by paying better wages.  At some point we need to break free from the cycle of mediocrity and give it a go

Selkirkhmfc1874

Once they’ve signed with us we hold the ball, but yes we should be trying to sign and retain better players by paying better wages.  At some point we need to break free from the cycle of mediocrity and give it a go

I agree we do hold the ball for the next 12 months but can't see the board letting him run down his contract and leaving for nothing next summer 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

The Zombies don’t appear to want Shankland really, but fear they could be Daily Recorded into buying him to spite us….

He’s not quick enough for the Premiership.

He’s not going abroad again, unless for mega bucks.  Saudi maybe, and I wonder if the slower pace of the game in Italy, the success some of our players are having there coupled with a good Euros could see him go there.

Or the Championship.  Birmingham, Hull, Sunderland, Bolton, West Brom, Sheffield.  All absolute shit-holes with the guarantee that the manager who signed you will be lucky to get to bonfire night…..

Zombies won't pay, but if he's available on a free next summer they'll take him then.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Zombies won't pay, but if he's available on a free next summer they'll take him then.

They’ll pay…..a pittance to keep the great unwashed happy.

1.7m in instalments is my guess.

And the Daily Ranger will lap it up, imploring us to let Shanks free from his Tynecastle hell etc.  We’ll probably be blamed for impacting the national team after a shite Euros.

Go for it 1308
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, mellors1874 said:

Behave yourself lol.

God almighty some seriously sad people in this thread.

You all are happy that a player wants to leave the club.

A player who has only performed at the top level for us and how does he thank us by wanting to leave us.

Mate you are a 🤡.  If Shanks was your son with a family and the age that he's at....what advice would you give him....stay for a lot less money or leave  and set your family up for life?

You really are a plonker 

Edited by Go for it 1308

kingantti1874
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

It's not tho, we could score more goals without him, in fact we did last time we finished 3rd and the big thing is that we'll lose him anyway,  we either deal with it now with more money ( that makes replacement of said goals easier) or have to replace him and the goals without that money, £2-£3m is not an insignificant amount.

If the precedent was souttar and the £250k offered by rangers, then its different if the amount is 10 times that.

I'm sure the club would want to avoid a Souttar situation,  losing Shankland for nothing to rangers is probably worse case for the club and fans.

The only way to do that is sell him in the summer. 

I'd keep him, but being realistic  anything over £2m with Shankland keen to move will give us a decision to make.

Ofc, a club may bid £5m -I don't see it.

The reality is, better players give us a better chance and shanks, as you’ve already pointedout is a great player.  the best perm player in that position for an extremely long time and we couldn’t replace directly for anything like £2m.

yes we scored more goals the season before, massively helped out by Ellis Simms.  Who’d probably cost £20m now.  

I’m not saying you are being unrealistic Baz - that may be the max bid but we shouldn’t accept it imo. Politely decline. 

It’s as simple as this.  Some think it’s an amount we should sell at, I don’t, I don’t think it makes financial sense and makes us appear weak and easily bullied out of our star player which will not help us in future.

Factually, in football terms for an international striker, who scored 30 goals domestically, in Europe and for his national team it is a tiny fee.  There wouldn’t be another forward in Europe who ticks those boxes you’d be able to pick up for anything close to that number.  

kingantti1874
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I agree we do hold the ball for the next 12 months but can't see the board letting him run down his contract and leaving for nothing next summer 

why? If we finish third again it’s worth £6m . Would we have quaffed for Europe already this season were it not for shanks?

I understand the counter arguement that it’s not guaranteed.  Well what is 

Edited by kingantti1874

mellors1874
49 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Shankland has been sensational for us, back-to-back seasons scoring 20+ goals, only 1 goal behind Robbo for the best European goalscorer in the clubs history, first Hearts player to win POTY, pretty much dragged us kicking and screaming to a third place finish this year (bagging us £5 mill), scored in our first league win at Celtic park since 2009, scored a hattrick against Celtic, last minute winner vs Hibs…

And you’re taking the huff because he very well might use this opportunity to get one last big contract, which could possibly be double or even triple the wages he’s getting the now and as a result, set his family up for life.

As has been pointed out by several on here, you’re being absolutely ridiculous, and coming across like a petulant wee child.

Who's taking the huff if he doesn't want to stay he can sit on his arse for the remainder of the season and get his move away.

He's been as good for us as we have been for him were offering more money and a long term contract and let's be honest he's not interested so why should we not turn our attention to other players who will be here next here.

Don't see why that's hard to understand.

Selkirkhmfc1874

why? If we finish third again it’s worth £6m 

There's a big if there unfortunately! No guarantee we'll finish 3rd , what if he picks up serious injury and out for season ? Football business doesn't work on if 

buzzbomb1958
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not sure anyone is saying it’s a good fee.  Think some of us are saying it’s probably the best offer we are likely to get unless he scores for fun at the euros.  Approaching 29, failed in Belgium, success at Hearts and biggest weakness is a lack of pace, pace being a critical and essential factor in today’s game at a higher level.   

I would love to see a Middle East side coming in with a fee of 10 million for the Scottish POTYand I don’t think it’s infeasible watch this space and I also reckon Shanks would jump at it as the wages would set his family up for life , it would also be cash upfront unlike Sevco trying to pay with provident cheques monthly

Edited by buzzbomb1958

Jim Panzee
17 minutes ago, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

.  Birmingham, Hull, Sunderland, Bolton, West Brom, Sheffield.  All absolute shit-holes with the guarantee that the manager who signed you will be lucky to get to bonfire night…..

Get your point but it’s a bit lazy. Footballers in places like you list don’t live minutes from the grounds. Most places you only have to drive 10 miles to decent areas

Cameronstheman
22 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We arent celtic or Rangers tho.

Can't think of many non OF players going for a lot of money at Shanklands age and with his contract situation. 

It's just how it is.

Mivoski will go for more as he's foreign,  younger and has longer on his contract.

We've just nabbed Blair, Penrice and Dhanda for zilch.

It's shite when on the other end of it like Souttar, but good when you benefit.

This ^^^

kingantti1874
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

There's a big if there unfortunately! No guarantee we'll finish 3rd , what if he picks up serious injury and out for season ? Football business doesn't work on if 

If we are scared of things like that why bother at all. Every single player at the club can get injured, every single player we sign can get injured.

the reason we sign good players is to achieve on the pitch.  He could signs. 3 year extension and get injured tomorrow.

he probably won’t get injured and if that s the case we’d probably finish higher than we will without him.  

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
2 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Get your point but it’s a bit lazy. Footballers in places like you list don’t live minutes from the grounds. Most places you only have to drive 10 miles to decent areas

I’ve lived near 3 of those.  They really are shit-holes in shitsville.  Yes, you can find a bit but not better and you still have to live in and around those places.  I don’t think people understand how utter rubbish living in the English north west and midlands is these days.

mellors1874
5 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Mate you are a 🤡.  If Shanks was your son with a family and the age that he's at....what advice would you give him....stay for a lot less money or leave  and set your family up for life?

You really are a plonker 

Oh no insults behind a keyboard how will I ever get over your harsh words.

🤔

If shanks was my son wtf are you on about.

He's on several thousand a week at the moment he's been offered the best contract of any hearts player that would probably still set him up for life.

Unreal some of the absolute roasters u get on here.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

If we are scared of things like that why bother at all. Every single player at the club can get injured, every single player we sign can get injured.

the reason we sign good players is to achieve on the pitch.  He could signs. 3 year extension and get injured tomorrow.

he probably won’t get injured and if that s the case we’d probably finish higher than we will without him.  

Don't get me wrong I'd love him to stay but a just don't see the board allowing him to run his contract down and leave for nothing next summer 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

This ^^^

Colin Cameron was the man.  A midfield player we sold him for £1.75m at aged 28 approaching 25 years ago. 

If anything is an example as to why £2m isn’t enough in todays money your name is a pertinent reminder.  

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Don't get me wrong I'd love him to stay but a just don't see the board allowing him to run his contract down and leave for nothing next summer 

We did it with Souttar.  Becuase the board were clever enough to realise he was worth more to us on the pitch.  And it worked perfectly, because we secured the European prize money which vastly outweighed the £800k which rangers offered for only 5 months of his time. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

We did it with Souttar.  Becuase the board were clever enough to realise he was worth more to us on the pitch.  And it worked perfectly, because we secured the European prize money which vastly outweighed the £800k which rangers offered for only 5 months of his time. 

Was £200k rangers offered 

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, mellors1874 said:

Aye cause Romanov never stopped playing players when they didn't want to stay.

So that logic is flawed.

Romanov was a fecking idiot.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Shankland - wins Cinch Premiership player of the season (updated)