Shankland contract extension ( merged )

Jackhmfc1348

FerryJambo81
5 minutes ago, JamboJoker98 said:

Would people really accept £2-3 million in the summer?? Tend to think 20+ goals in a season worth its weight in gold especially to ourselves. As a club and fan base we need to not be so easily bent over for our players. Same goes for Cochrane

This!

Prize money, euro games, even if only qualifiers there's TV, Gate receipts etc. Likewise going further in cup comps. Christ, keeps getting the colum inches his shirt sponsor becomes lucrative. I just think he's worth losing for nothing rather than selling for (realistically) 1 or 2 million in summer. The only way to agree a sale figure is for him to sign extension with release clause.

So many variables

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Sooks

Jambo in Bathgate
8 minutes ago, JamboJoker98 said:

Would people really accept £2-3 million in the summer?? Tend to think 20+ goals in a season worth its weight in gold especially to ourselves. As a club and fan base we need to not be so easily bent over for our players. Same goes for Cochrane

Anyone who buys Shankland in the summer are after his goals to enhance their chance of league titles. That has to be taken into account with the transfer fee which should reflect that potential. 

FerryJambo81

I maintain we should be saying you will not leave before your contract for less than £5 million, that's what we value your goals. The number is speculative, just a figure that says we value you at that irrespective of time in contract. So you may as well take more cash on a longer deal...

Football is a funny business where you effectively own the player within the contract. Yes, there are risks holding someone to ransom but ultimately you signed a contract in good faith. There is zero obligation to release that, zero!

No idea what's being said behind closed doors, just don't think anything as cut abd dry as many think.

Regardless, keep banging in goals Shanks and take from there

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Maybe, but the contract is not off the table. Stupidest ****ing thing I’ve heard in my life. 

are you seriously trying to tell me if he says he will sign tomorrow we will say no.

Ive no doubt we are pressing for a quick decision, ive no doubt that further talks may be on the backburner for now. But we have not “taken the deal of the table” and shanks to the best of my knowledge has not turned down the offer. 

Your source is a ****ing idiot imo 

He's here now until at least summer...why would we voluntarily pay him more?

25 minutes ago, JamboJoker98 said:

No. Still minimum of £5m for me. The money isn't that important as we'll not replace his goals.

Personally, I'd just keep him until the end of his contract and shake his hand, thank him for his time and wish him well.

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

According to BBC we are going to “hang” onto Shankland. 

Strange wording considering not one bid submitted.

SwindonJambo
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

No. Still minimum of £5m for me. The money isn't that important as we'll not replace his goals.

Personally, I'd just keep him until the end of his contract and shake his hand, thank him for his time and wish him well.

Totally agree. If he's still here this time next year performing as at present and signed a precontract with Der Hun, I'd still be keeping him until the Summer, as we did with Soutar 2 years ago. Don't ever let the feckers bully us.  

FerryJambo81

I can't help but think the deadline is a bit smoke a mirrors...we either want to keep him or we don't. Surely the former

4 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

It’s BBC Glasgow. Everything they quote is to massage the egos of Orcs and Tim’s.  Quite pathetic.

ScandinavianJambo

Rangers are not going to pay £5 million for our star man, as this would be like gifting us as much money as we would get if/when we reach European football, and enough money to buy a forward who could continue our march to Europe/ worth another 5 million. 

I would be vey surprised if they would  allow us even the possibility of that kind of growth (with us sitting neatly 10 points behind them). No sir no. They'll rather wait this out, I believe.

Do I wish that Shankland sign with us. 100%. Will he? Only time will tell. Money does talk. Unfortunately.

Edited by ScandinavianJambo

Watt-Zeefuik
45 minutes ago, JamboJoker98 said:

Price drops to £4m in the summer for me. £1.5m next January.

HeartsandonlyHearts
20 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

**** off BBC Scotland sports. Get a job.

Weirdos.

Gorgie_Rules
Just now, Doctor FinnBarr said:

"Anticipated" is the key word there.

Clutching :lol: 

Naisy confirmed at FOH event tonight there will be nothing else today. Regardless of what happens we have Shanks for 18 months and he may choose to stay beyond that…

Berrassobad
On 31/01/2024 at 18:25, gnasher75 said:

Lots of johnny come latelys on here. The deadline was first reported by Brian McLauchlin on BBC website yesterday and has been discussed at length on here. Go back a few pages and you'll find it. 

aye - how did that go ?

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, The Grim Reaper said:

So what were our ITKers records this window?

Same as previous. Nobody knew anything although several have voices in their heads that tell them things.

indianajones

So Shankland is staying.

I am shocked. 

The most obvious outcome in a while. 

Delighted. 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

Kris Boyd, Kenny Miller, Barry Ferguson, annnnnnd Lee McCulloch…..

Get it right ****ing up ye ya huns. 

So all that shitey journalism from the end of December all the way thru January and not one bid received for our top man? I know I shouldn’t be surprised but **** off. Wankers.

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

So all that shitey journalism from the end of December all the way thru January and not one bid received for our top man? I know I shouldn’t be surprised but **** off. Wankers.

Hear Hear

I personally would hope we didn’t accept less than £5mil in the summer, think he’s worth more for a season if it gets us 3rd and potentially a cup win. Also he might consider extending his stay as he nears 30

Batistuta87
26 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Sorry folks, but he's clearly offski... 

Screenshot_20240201_202449_Chrome.jpg

Been there for weeks. Also from last season. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
5 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Seeing those 4 particular names written down makes you realize just how many thick ***** Newco have had over the years.

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

.....also the Hun sympathisers on Kickback. :Shanks:

AC Mallin_51
32 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Sorry folks, but he's clearly offski... 

Screenshot_20240201_202449_Chrome.jpg

Still double the price of Uche and Meshino we’re all good 

Byyy The Light
15 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

+ Mulgrew 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

Keep adding to the list lads…

This has been a stressful month because of these feckers 😂

Anyone know why the transfer window slams shut??surely just closing it quietly is best for everyone seeing as it'll be 23.30 🙄

PaddysBar

I tell you what. Assuming nothing happens with Shanks in the next two hours or so, it turns out ex footballers and managers are just as bad as kickbackers at pretending to be ITK and talking pish. 

Folk I trust have told me first hand that Shanks was definitely offski and they were told that directly by three ex Hearts players and a former premiership manager - in the last week. 

Edited by PaddysBar

coatbridgejambo

Shanks to score the winner in the Scottish cup final v newco.

I'd stick money on it if I was a betting man.

Just now, PaddysBar said:

I tell you what. Assuming nothing happens with Shanks in the next two hours or so, it turns out ex footballers and managers are just as bad as kickbackers as pretending to be ITK and talking pish. 

Folk I trust have told me first hand that Shanks was definitely offski and they were told that directly by three ex Hearts players and a former premiership manager - in the last week. 

Name and shame the 3 ex players. Surely their names don't really need to remain private :lol:

Just now, coatbridgejambo said:

:sweeet:

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
1 minute ago, coatbridgejambo said:

Awww that’s dirty talk!

Shooter McGavin

Keith Jacksons headline in the Daily Record tomorrow

”Despite Rangers making absolutely no attempt whatsoever, Shankland is denied transfer by ruthless Hearts”

Honestly can’t wait to see how the fat twat spins it:rofl:

The Goalscoring Knee
6 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Anyone know why the transfer window slams shut??surely just closing it quietly is best for everyone seeing as it'll be 23.30 🙄

Quite right.

Nbc Oops GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Find & Share on GIPHY

coatbridgejambo
4 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Awww that’s dirty talk!

I Should have maybe waited til 11.30 before posting that just incase 😬

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

I tell you what. Assuming nothing happens with Shanks in the next two hours or so, it turns out ex footballers and managers are just as bad as kickbackers at pretending to be ITK and talking pish. 

Heard from the same source. 

PaddysBar
6 minutes ago, 151 said:

Name and shame the 3 ex players. Surely their names don't really need to remain private :lol:

Seriously mate, I’ve been bricking it all week. I went from thinking (like most folk), we hold all the aces, huns won’t pay what we would accept etc to maybe there’s something in this. I still think the new contract Wednesday deadline was weird. 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
Just now, coatbridgejambo said:

I Should have maybe waited til 11.30 before posting that just incase 😬

I think you’ll be good. Rangers have confirmed they’re finished in this window and surely any clubs further afield are too late. 

PaddysBar
9 minutes ago, 151 said:

ps. It was the manager I was more concerned about because I know that conversation was real. 

Fire_At_The_Disco
41 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

So what were our ITKers records this window?

They’ve ran out of patter. 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

Shanks and Beni extensions to be announced tomorrow now they know there’s been no bids for them 😎😎

3 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

ps. It was the manager I was more concerned about because I know that conversation was real. 

Shirley it's Robbie.

Japan Jambo
1 minute ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Shanks and Beni extensions to be announced tomorrow now they know there’s been no bids for them 😎😎

or if they break a leg, which is why you put a deadline on these things 🙂 

coatbridgejambo
1 minute ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Now who's talking dirty 😄