Shankland contract extension ( merged )

Jackhmfc1348

4 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Screenshot_20240131_222843_Chrome.jpg

This I can trust, purely because they use the words “slams shut”. 

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Sooks

Luckies1874
50 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Hearing Hearts offer now off the table. There hasn’t been interest from any club, likely our valuation of him (with European group stage cash and his age in consideration) has put all off.

Shankland advised by his agent not to sign it and will be revisited in summer.

Can’t blame Hearts for setting a deadline, as much as they appear to have took flak for it. Any savings on Shankland’s improved deal can now be spent before the window shuts tomorrow.

Looks like we just need to enjoy him until the summer, however I unfortunately feel Rangers will be his destination after the Euros.

So exactly as I’ve been saying for weeks :kirk: 

Berrassobad
12 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Its also not beyond the realms of possibllity that he's slavering p1sh.   This thread is looking very like a  0-0 draw 

*** west coast referees

1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

Absolutely proper day deadline stuff along with the other poster saying about clock ticking that's dramatic deadline day stuff right there.

Glamorgan Jambo

Shankland has one big contract left in his career. Of course he’ll want it to be the top one he can attract. It’s unlikely to come from another SPFL club. 

His trade off will be the less value he can secure from his next contract if he extends with us. The exact terms of a release clause and potential share of any fee will be critical and nobody apart from the parties directly involved will know this.

59 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Hearing Hearts offer now off the table. There hasn’t been interest from any club, likely our valuation of him (with European group stage cash and his age in consideration) has put all off.

Shankland advised by his agent not to sign it and will be revisited in summer.

Can’t blame Hearts for setting a deadline, as much as they appear to have took flak for it. Any savings on Shankland’s improved deal can now be spent before the window shuts tomorrow.

Looks like we just need to enjoy him until the summer, however I unfortunately feel Rangers will be his destination after the Euros.

Hearing from whom? 

The climax to this will be anti lol tomorrow night 11.30pm nothing will have happend. Fridays new conference about the Saturday game v Dundee will be all about Shankland to which Naismith will say "yes, Shanks has not signed a new deal as he feels he wants to concentrate on Hearts and getting into the Euros squad for now, so we will review the situation in the summer after the Euros"

Berrassobad
Just now, GBJambo said:

Hearing from whom? 

Hes gone missing - Im worried sick - Ive tried every hospital. The polis tell me I have to wait 24 hours before I can OFFICIALLY report him missing

Berrassobad
2 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

The climax to this will be anti lol tomorrow night 11.30pm nothing will have happend. Fridays new conference about the Saturday game v Dundee will be all about Shankland to which Naismith will say "yes, Shanks has not signed a new deal as he feels he wants to concentrate on Hearts and getting into the Euros squad for now, so we will review the situation in the summer after the Euros"

What.????

You mean he took the only lucrative contract on the table.

Jesus - never saw that coming. 

hughesie27
3 minutes ago, Berrassobad said:

What.????

You mean he took the only lucrative contract on the table.

Jesus - never saw that coming. 

That's the opposite if what he is saying will happen...

Berrassobad
9 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

That's the opposite if what he is saying will happen...

oh "anti" lol - new one on me - just getting used to GTF

1971fozzy

This thread is bat shit mental.

if we only have him for the rest of the season then that’s what it is. 

Armageddon

He’s going to leave, we tried to force his hand and force others hands, totally understandable from our point of view IMO.

Group stage football this season, keep him and let the co tract run in the hope we get group stage the following season.

Great Hearts player and I’ll enjoy chanting his name for the next 17 months.

jonnyinfo
22 minutes ago, Berrassobad said:

oh "anti" lol - new one on me - just getting used to GTF

What do you think 'anti' stands for? 😂

Berrassobad
1 minute ago, jonnyinfo said:

What do you think 'anti' stands for? 😂

yir uncles woman

Edited by Berrassobad

Got in from work half an hour ago and was delighted to learn that Shanks was still a Hearts player. Until I realised the window doesn’t actually close for another 24 hours. Sigh.

Berrassobad
Just now, Doc Rob said:

Got in from work half an hour ago and was delighted to learn that Shanks was still a Hearts player. Until I realised the window doesn’t actually close for another 24 hours. Sigh.

Half the r soles on here have done that - on a vigil - please support my moneyfund at BigGwasatGoosegreengivehimabreak.com

Berrassobad
Just now, jonnyinfo said:

Ah, that makes sense to me now 😂

light a candle - havent been this nervous since my divorce was awaiting signing.

It's a risk not to sign, we're well within our rights to keep him for another 18 months, by that point with age I'd be surprised if there's many clubs bigger than Hearts wanting to pay him more money than we we are offering him today. 

Sinbad the Sailor

Well if he has signed it we would know by now. Looks like we are keeping him. If so giruy weegie media. Wish it was tomorrow night to be sure.

1 hour ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Shankland has one big contract left in his career.

And he might be living it right now. Despite the feeding frenzy drummed up by 'journalists' and 'pundits', there have  (as far as we know) been no bids (yet). We love him, of course, but come the summer clubs might be looking at factors like age, comparative lack of pace, their own player strategy and trading model and decide he's not for them at that cost/wage. Unfortunately for him, the ultimate move may have passed him by just by dint of circumstances through his career?  Full of 'what if's' - what if he'd come to us rather than Beerschott? Would he now be at a 'bigger' club/wage?

I'm not saying this will definitely be the case, but it's feasible at least.  Ultimately if he doesn't' sign, it's a gamble for him and his options are shrinking.

Stendelnator

The world's worst transfer saga. Nobody wants to sign him, he doesn't want to extend, literally zero interest in him beyond what the Glasgow media and ex-Rangers players would like it to be. Genuinely laughable

Der Kaiser

Regardless of the delude of Scottish media trying to push this move and Rangers fans spouting shit on Twitter.....none of us know if Clement is actually interested in the slightest and if he fits into how he wants his team to play.

Berrassobad
10 minutes ago, Daktari said:

And he might be living it right now. Despite the feeding frenzy drummed up by 'journalists' and 'pundits', there have  (as far as we know) been no bids (yet). We love him, of course, but come the summer clubs might be looking at factors like age, comparative lack of pace, their own player strategy and trading model and decide he's not for them at that cost/wage. Unfortunately for him, the ultimate move may have passed him by just by dint of circumstances through his career?  Full of 'what if's' - what if he'd come to us rather than Beerschott? Would he now be at a 'bigger' club/wage?

I'm not saying this will definitely be the case, but it's feasible at least.  Ultimately if he doesn't' sign, it's a gamble for him and his options are shrinking.

My twin was stolen at birth - could it be you Daktari Daktari ! FFs its me I have your other cross eye

Fireworks-of-various-colo-009.avif Fireworks-of-various-colo-009.avif

1 hour ago, GBJambo said:

Hearing from whom? 

Some twat in an Easter Road boozer.

He could even be the twat himself.

Berrassobad
15 minutes ago, Daktari said:

If he doesnt sign (imo) he has huge balls and is an arse

Dont care for @bazzas right boot pish but he is right when he says 

NOONE IS BIGGER THAN HEARTS

gregzy2k7
46 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

He’s going to leave, we tried to force his hand and force others hands, totally understandable from our point of view IMO.

Group stage football this season, keep him and let the co tract run in the hope we get group stage the following season.

Great Hearts player and I’ll enjoy chanting his name for the next 17 months.

Think I would be pretty happy with that tbh, 

Have kind of resigned myself to the likely possibility of him winding down his contract and leaving possibly either next Jan for a decent amount maybe 1.5 mill or for free in the summer of 2025,

At least in that scenario we can enjoy him in his prime years 28/29, where he will probably score close to 100 goals for us and potentially win a trophy before he leaves. 

As much as I don't like it, I think he looks like the type that doesn't want to leave Scotland,  there are always more important things than money and with a young family, plus the fact he has already been abroad before and it didnt work out, I think he would probably see the OF as a good move in all honesty.

Hope I'm way off and he signs a long term deal and becomes the modern day Robbo though.

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Shankland has one big contract left in his career. Of course he’ll want it to be the top one he can attract. It’s unlikely to come from another SPFL club. 

His trade off will be the less value he can secure from his next contract if he extends with us. The exact terms of a release clause and potential share of any fee will be critical and nobody apart from the parties directly involved will know this.

I'm actually pissed off with hearing this shit about football players, he (Shankland and many if not most) are earning way more than I can dream about. Why do they need this "last big contract"?

Footballers normally finish their careers at an earlyish age (mid 30s). Why can't they retrain and do other jobs like most of us have had to do at some point in our working life? I've not got multi millions or even 100k in the bank so I continue working in my 60s. Do they want to retire at 35 and sit on their arses until death? Like I said, pissed off.

Sorry folks, rant over, have a good night.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Who were they?  Don’t remember many/any other than Slim 

Gordon??????

7 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

I'm actually pissed off with hearing this shit about football players, he (Shankland and many if not most) are earning way more than I can dream about. Why do they need this "last big contract"?

Footballers normally finish their careers at an earlyish age (mid 30s). Why can't they retrain and do other jobs like most of us have had to do at some point in our working life? I've not got multi millions or even 100k in the bank so I continue working in my 60s. Do they want to retire at 35 and sit on their arses until death? Like I said, pissed off.

All footballers should stop living at 35 and be grateful for what they had eh!

colinmorewasgash
2 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

So exactly as I’ve been saying for weeks :kirk: 

I beg to differ season ticket money tv money euro money, I don't think they will want him they will want bigger names,  knowing how sevco operate they will be looking at better quality signings on stupid money as usual. If they sign him he will be back up at best. If Phil is still there he has stated he wants younger quality players who they can take, improve and make money on eventually like celtic have done. Depends if he gets chance to implement it I suppose.

colinmorewasgash

The amount of folk ah well he ll go to the glorious teddy bears in summer its quite sickening how many would like to see him play for sevco next season.

How does anyone know they want him or still want him. They get all their big money in summer and will be linked with everyone from benzema to messi maybe even batshit again bigger names too than larry.

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, colinmorewasgash said:

The amount of folk ah well he ll go to the glorious teddy bears in summer its quite sickening how many would like to see him play for sevco next season.

How does anyone know they want him or still want him. They get all their big money in summer and will be linked with everyone from benzema to messi maybe even batshit again bigger names too than larry.

Who are the people who want to see him play for Rangers? Let's have some names! 

5 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

There's literally nobody who wants to see him going to the huns on this thread.

It's as ridiculous as ridiculing any poster for posting information that he's turned down a new contract demanding to know sources while just giving a free pass to equally shite in the know-ers who have claimed for weeks he has signed a new contract. 

heartgarfunkel
27 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Exactly, that waste of space Sheringham still had another 5 or so years of smashing them in at a high standard in front of him at that age, selfish ******* was still an England starter at 35! Even signed for Man Utd when he was 31!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine being Shankland and being 28!!! This is last chance saloon for him :silly:

heartgarfunkel
5 minutes ago, May98 said:

There's literally nobody who wants to see him going to the huns on this thread.

It's as ridiculous as ridiculing any poster for posting information that he's turned down a new contract demanding to know sources while just giving a free pass to equally shite in the know-ers who have claimed for weeks he has signed a new contract. 

:yas: bang on

Bunny Munro
44 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

They don't 'need' it, but if the chance is there to get it why shouldn't they hold out for it.

Edited by Bunny Munro

One things true about the whole Shankland affair Nobody has a clue about Hearts or Shanks intentions. All the guessing has us going nowhere so let’s just calm down and concentrate on the window closing and taking Dundee apart from their knees to the neck. 

colinmorewasgash
13 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Who are the people who want to see him play for Rangers? Let's have some names! 

Well you for one every day this week he's going to sevco hes going to sevco, now staying, hes going in summer. Awfully sure they will want him are you in summer. Certainly Mr Clement wasn't interested last week in him unless guy that works closely at Rangers was lying to me, it was more his agent hawking him to them as they all do and no im not naming guy I spoke too think what you like. But plenty on here  believing weegia and ex rangers players. Have we came out with deadline as has been printed. Have we said Clement or Sevco wants him. All Ive heard is no bids no interest.

Luckies1874
7 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Well you for one every day this week he's going to sevco hes going to sevco, now staying, hes going in summer. Awfully sure they will want him are you in summer. Certainly Mr Clement wasn't interested last week in him unless guy that works closely at Rangers was lying to me, it was more his agent hawking him to them as they all do and no im not naming guy I spoke too think what you like. But plenty on here  believing weegia and ex rangers players. Have we came out with deadline as has been printed. Have we said Clement or Sevco wants him. All Ive heard is no bids no interest.

:rofl:

Not once have I said he'd be going to Rangers in January. I've predicted exactly what has happened so far. He remains at Hearts but doesn't sign a new contract. I don't think he will ever sign a new contract and if I had to guess his landing spot come the summer, as I doubt he will start next season at Tynecastle, it would be Glasgow. Regardless I see us selling him in the summer with 3rd secured and only a year left join his contract. Quite how that equates to "would like to see him play there" is anyones guess but you knew that and were just being a drama queen! Anyone else you want to name as wanting Shankland to play for Rangers? :vrface:

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Jambo61 said:

Where in the post you quoted did I say that?

47 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

One things true about the whole Shankland affair Nobody has a clue about Hearts or Shanks intentions. All the guessing has us going nowhere so let’s just calm down and concentrate on the window closing and taking Dundee apart from their knees to the neck. 

Agree.  Everyone seems to be guessing and passing it off as in the know and thats on both he's rejected or accepted a new contract.  We have offered a new deal, he's not signed yet, there's a day left of the window and he's not had a bid put in for him, hopefully after tomorrow the whole thing calms down and we can enjoy him banging in the goals that takes us to 3rd and the riches that entails then hopefully watch him bang in the goals in Germany in the summer.  Then we can enjoy the speculation all over again. 

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

For it being January, there seems to be an awful lot of hot air blowing in from the window before it slams shut.

MR INCREDIBLE

It looks like we now have a situation where our Captain has refused to sign a much improved contract to stay at our great club.

Captaincy should be relinquished immediately 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Dallas Green
2 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

It looks like we now have a situation where our Captain has refused to sign a much improved contract to stay at our great club.

:notsure:

18 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

Happiness is better than more money.

Well you need to sprinkle that happy dust further than this forum, because outside it money rules. Give me mega millions and I will be more than happy as would most people. 

10 hours ago, Benny Klack said:

ok, I’ll have a shot….

my understanding is that the above post is pure speculative nonsense 👍

It probably is. I read this elsewhere. No different to what's been posted by 75% of posters on this topic  :laugh:

Independence
1 hour ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣