Alex Neil

Hampden Demolition

Hampden Demolition

Looks like he’s about to be sacked from Stoke. Connections with Savage so would imagine he will be touted for us after a few more defeats.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• soonbe110

• Sooks

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, ecky92 said:

No thanks he’s bobbed about down there for the last 10 year and done nada

You can't really compare managing in the Championship to our MM League. 

5 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

No thanks he’s bobbed about down there for the last 10 year and done nada

He took Norwich to the EPL and Sunderland promoted to the Championship last year.  

4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

He's who we've been waiting on for ages, IMO.

Would certainly take the heat off the Board before Thursday. Could also take Naismith on as assistant to save money. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Why not? 

Wage demands for one thing, he’s currently on 28k a week, and there is no way he will undersell himself that much to the point where we could afford him. 
He is also an experienced manager who will not accept being dictated to by the board of amateurs running Hearts, so this will rule him out of even being considered 

lost in space
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Would certainly take the heat off the Board before Thursday. Could also take Naismith on as assistant to save money. 

That would be my choice. Both men would have to agree but they should be asked.

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No decent experienced manager will accept the failed previous guy foisted on him.

Any competent experienced manager will 100 % insist on his own staff

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I would take him 

Why Savage is full pish go half way round the world to get bang average player.

Huge no from me anyone or anything to do with JS is just going to stall any improvement.

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He's already got Savage and McAvoy here as well. I think he'd take it regardless of the cash on offer. A decent crack at Europe with a patient board or another stint in League One.

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

He's already got Savage and McAvoy here as well. I think he'd take it regardless of the cash on offer. A decent crack at Europe with a patient board or another stint in League One.

My mate works in Tescos, I’m not tempted to join him for the bantz 😊

5 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Wage demands for one thing, he’s currently on 28k a week, and there is no way he will undersell himself that much to the point where we could afford him. 
He is also an experienced manager who will not accept being dictated to by the board of amateurs running Hearts, so this will rule him out of even being considered 

He isn’t getting £28k anywhere else now that he has left the bet365 money house. We could probably afford to pay him close to half that if we were sure he was the right guy. His management team are already here so that would save on pay-offs.  I think Neil has been the Savage/McKinlay master plan all along. Naismith was just a holding plan. Time will tell 

Need to push the boat out and get him signed. No point in wasting money on experiment after experiment. If not, our 5 year plan will become a 20 year plan.

1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

My mate works in Tescos, I’m not tempted to join him for the bantz 😊

He'd maybe join you for the bantz if he wasn't for off a millionaire.

7 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

No decent experienced manager will accept the failed previous guy foisted on him.

Any competent experienced manager will 100 % insist on his own staff

Don’t forget they were at Norwich at the same time so could be buddies?  Gives Naismith the chance to do his badges without also being the main man. 

6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Only drawback will likely be family all based in England. 

7 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Why Savage is full pish go half way round the world to get bang average player.

Huge no from me anyone or anything to do with JS is just going to stall any improvement.

Sorry I do not agree . I think we have some good players and I do not blame Savage for how poorly we are playing

Paisley Jambo
24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I would take him 

He is the very last man who should manage our club.😳😳😳

if we want to prop up the incompetent Savage era and the three clowns currently in charge he’s your man.

He’s failed BIG time down south and he should be rewarded with our club.

A total non starter!

Before this clamour reaches a crescendo, this is not going to happen 

Neil will most likely be in another job before the current board even considers Naismiths position 

A vast improvement on what we have, but the board won't be interested in fan sentiment about the current manager. We're merely customers ready to be replaced to them.

22 minutes ago, May98 said:

He took Norwich to the EPL and Sunderland promoted to the Championship last year.  

Aye and? Norwich are up and down every couple year, nothing special 

1 minute ago, Paisley Jambo said:

He is the very last man who should manage our club.😳😳😳

if we want to prop up the incompetent Savage era and the three clowns currently in charge he’s your man.

He’s failed BIG time down south and he should be rewarded with our club.

A total non starter!

He has also done very well down south at times and he knows how to manage a football club . I actually think he is the perfect choice right now and I think he would have an impact straight away 

Drylaw Hearts

Is he better than what we’ve got ?

Yes.

But it would also mean Savage keeps his job a bit longer.

Deal until the summer would probably suit both parties right now.

Jambof3tornado
16 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

He's never on 28k a week.

3 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

Aye and? Norwich are up and down every couple year, nothing special 

Aye and you said he done heehaw.  Getting teams promoted isn't hee haw is it now? 

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Need to push the boat out and get him signed. No point in wasting money on experiment after experiment. If not, our 5 year plan will become a 20 year plan.

Are we not into our 3rd 5 year plan already?

Paisley Jambo
Just now, Sooks said:

He has also done very well down south at times and he knows how to manage a football club . I actually think he is the perfect choice right now and I think he would have an impact straight away 

We need rid of Savage, McAvoy, Forrest and Naismith.

With Neil 3 of the stay and Savage further bigs himself in to our club.

It’s a no from me. I’d go McInnes.

One thing is certain we need change (not just whatever title Naismith has) and an experienced manager who doesn’t do vanity projects.

Those turning their nose up at him, it would be interesting to hear who they think would be an improvement.

Every time Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen sack a manager they are linked with a few attractive (usually unrealistic names). The end appointment is usually underwhelming.

Alex Neil is still a young coach but has experienced a lot in the game. Promotions with Hamilton, Norwich and Sunderland.

Arguably his stock is still higher than Scottish football, he’d still walk into a job the upper ends of League 1 in England.

If Naisy keeps suffering the same cloud and lack of optimism from the support as Neilson did then we’d be mad not to consider him into the new year.

1 minute ago, Paisley Jambo said:

We need rid of Savage, McAvoy, Forrest and Naismith.

With Neil 3 of the stay and Savage further bigs himself in to our club.

It’s a no from me. I’d go McInnes.

One thing is certain we need change (not just whatever title Naismith has) and an experienced manager who doesn’t do vanity projects.

As I believe the players are not the problem , I do not have an issue with Joe Savage . I would launch the other three though 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Is he better than what we’ve got ?

Yes.

But it would also mean Savage keeps his job a bit longer.

Deal until the summer would probably suit both parties right now.

Aye, a 6 month deal that involves him moving  house to a job that pays multiples less than he was earning before sounds ideal....

He'll need to held back while he counts his pay off for that opportunity!

This type of post just highlights the gulf between ambition  and fantasy.