Euro SIM card……..any recommendations?

highlandjambo3

highlandjambo3

Hi

Going on a cruise next year and wondered if anyone had used/recommended a euro SIM card…..I’m only after data usage for street maps, restaurants, local places of interest etc.  Not looking for any sort of contract…just buying a one off data package.  Main ports of call, Spain, France, Italy, Sardinia, Corsica……any advice out there?

highlandjambo3

Hi

Going on a cruise next year and wondered if anyone had used/recommended a euro SIM card…..I’m only after data usage for street maps, restaurants, local places of interest etc.  Not looking for any sort of contract…just buying a one off data package.  Main ports of call, Spain, France, Italy, Sardinia, Corsica……any advice out there?

4 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I’ve been looking at eSIM cards for my travels across Central Asia and Europe next year (apologies, @the posh bit). Have a look at https://www.airalo.com and Nomad. 

Another vote for airalo, used their esims twice this year, once in the USA and again in Italy, dead simple to use and good value for money. 

16 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I’ve been looking at eSIM cards for my travels across Central Asia and Europe next year (apologies, @the posh bit). Have a look at https://www.airalo.com and Nomad. 

10 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Another vote for airalo, used their esims twice this year, once in the USA and again in Italy, dead simple to use and good value for money. 

Cheers. Heading off to the US of A in spring so that's useful info. 

I was over in Europe last summer on a Viking River Cruise. I purchased. 25 gig 3 card and it came with an extra 25 gigs bonus data all for $30 Canadian or about £20 odd. It worked in Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Germany Holland,France and the UK. 
No problems whatsoever. 
Got it on Amazon

Edited by Canscot

Bought a sim in Bangkok at airport put in second sim card slot . About £25 for 30gb for 14 days . Worked well . Would go esim next time . 

Depending on how long you're away for and what network & type of plan you're on you might be better off just using your domestic SIM. I think O2 still allow you to roam around Europe free of charge. EE will charge you £2 a day (or £10 for the month) to use your allowance, as will Three although they don't offer a monthly deal for it. I'm on Smarty Mobile (owned by Three) and am able to use my allowance all across the EU free of charge. 

If you do opt for an eSim, I used Maya Mobile when I was in Australia in the summer and didn't have any issue with them. 

16 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Hi

Which network are you with just now ? Most still allow some sort of access while in Europe. 

19 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Which network are you with just now ? Most still allow some sort of access while in Europe. 

Yeah, i'm with EE and my package allows free use of all my data and calls etc anywhere in the EU but not places like Turkey which sadly has been our destination of choice for the family holiday the last 2 years

On 06/12/2023 at 11:23, Ribble said:

Yeah, i'm with EE and my package allows free use of all my data and calls etc anywhere in the EU but not places like Turkey which sadly has been our destination of choice for the family holiday the last 2 years

The EE Roam Abroad Pass is very good. It's quite expensive now though but thoroughly recommended.

1 hour ago, Mysterion said:

The EE Roam Abroad Pass is very good. It's quite expensive now though but thoroughly recommended.

On certain contracts, you can include it as your "Smart Benefit". I have that instead of the Apple TV or whatever other ones they offer. 

Wouldn't help @Ribble as it unfortunately doesn't include Turkey, but it does include:

USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Austria, Azores, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus (excludes northern Cyprus),  Czech Republic, Canary Islands, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guiana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Isle of Man,  Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madeira, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal,  Reunion Islands,  Romania,  San Marino, Saint Martin (French), Saint Barthelemy, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Vatican City (Italy).

It's worth swapping to that benefit if you're eligible for it.  Just don't call anyone! :lol:

Edited by tian447

2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

On certain contracts, you can include it as your "Smart Benefit". I have that instead of the Apple TV or whatever other ones they offer. 

Wouldn't help @Ribble as it unfortunately doesn't include Turkey, but it does include:

USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Austria, Azores, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus (excludes northern Cyprus),  Czech Republic, Canary Islands, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guiana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Isle of Man,  Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madeira, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal,  Reunion Islands,  Romania,  San Marino, Saint Martin (French), Saint Barthelemy, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Vatican City (Italy).

It's worth swapping to that benefit if you're eligible for it.  Just don't call anyone! :lol:

Yeah - Full Works plan on EE is superb value.

Apple One included then 3 additional benefits (Roam Abroad, Office 365, TNT Sport for example).