John Byrne RIP

John Findlay

Tremendous artist, and writer of Tutti Frutti. One of the funniest television comedy dramas ever written imho.

Has died aged 83. Thanks for some great memories John, especially or wee chats on Platform 2 at Haymarket, when you were making one of your regular journeys to Arbroath.

RIP John.

A very talented artist and writer. I've seen a fair amount of his art-works over the years, including album cover designs, but I'd never seen this until today:

image.jpeg.81357de868ab960e32695d82dd67c640.jpeg

1 minute ago, Auld Reekin' said:

A very talented artist and writer. I've seen a fair amount of his art-works over the years, including album cover designs, but I'd never seen this until today:

image.jpeg.81357de868ab960e32695d82dd67c640.jpeg

Did the artwork on Gerry Rafferty's album covers.

6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Did the artwork on Gerry Rafferty's album covers.

Yup, and also ones for Stealer's Wheel, The Humblebums, and Billy Connolly. Apparently the Beatles one was considered as the cover design for what turned out to be the "White Album" - they liked JB's work.

Just now, Auld Reekin' said:

Yup, and also ones for Stealer's Wheel, The Humblebums, and Billy Connolly. Apparently the Beatles one was considered as the cover design for what turned out to be the "White Album" - they liked JB's work.

👍

I’ve known John for a number of years and worked on a lot of things together. A brilliant man who was talented in a number of areas. Great artist of course and writer of the Slab Boys trilogy that changed how people in Scotland wrote theatre shows. 
And as if that isn’t enough one of the most stylish men you’d ever meet. 

6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’ve known John for a number of years and worked on a lot of things together. A brilliant man who was talented in a number of areas. Great artist of course and writer of the Slab Boys trilogy that changed how people in Scotland wrote theatre shows. 
And as if that isn’t enough one of the most stylish men you’d ever meet

I often wondered if he didn't get a bit too warm under all those tweedy layers, however! 

Edited by Auld Reekin'

Just watched a news item about him. Didnt realise he was so multi talented. Seemed a lovely guy too. May he RIP.

37 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

I often wondered if he didn't get a bit too warm under all those tweedy layers, however! 

He had a very good rockabilly style summer get up as well. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

He had a very good rockabilly style summer get up as well. 

:icon14: