Adidas Kick.

Dawnrazor

Adidas are making them again, a real blast from the past, along with Puma Match and Nike Astro, they got me and most of my mates through High School.

I might have to treat myself to a pair.

9 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Adidas are making them again, a real blast from the past, along with Puma Match and Nike Astro, they got me and most of my mates through High School.

So that’s a toss up for my Christmas pressie between them or a pair of the reissued Patrick’s. 
I told my mum I wanted a pair for Christmas when I was in 2nd year. Woke up on Christmas Day to an Adidas box. Sodding Bambas. The guy in the shop had told her the Kicks were the cheapest of the lot so she decided to be nice to me and get me better ones. The only kid in my school with Bambas, and the ones that year were horrible with a big gummy sole.  

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

So that’s a toss up for my Christmas pressie between them or a pair of the reissued Patrick’s. 
I told my mum I wanted a pair for Christmas when I was in 2nd year. Woke up on Christmas Day to an Adidas box. Sodding Bambas. The guy in the shop had told her the Kicks were the cheapest of the lot so she decided to be nice to me and get me better ones. The only kid in my school with Bambas, and the ones that year were horrible with a big gummy sole.  

My made got a pair of Mamba for his Christmas, the one with the silver stripes, raging🤣🤣🤣

48 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Do you have a link? I've looked at their site but can't seem to locate anything of the sort. Went through a few pairs of them in my early late primary early secondary yrs. Would love to get an order into Santa. :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Do you have a link? I've looked at their site but can't seem to locate anything of the sort. Went through a few pairs of them in my early late primary early secondary yrs. Would love to get an order into Santa. :thumbsup:

Can't find the link😭 it came up on something earlier but I can't see it, I got myself all excited about it. I'll keep looking, they were doing them in white too.

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

What's this?

My all time favourite football boots were a pair of black and white striped Patrick boots that I had about 12, 13 year old I think.

I was devastated when they eventually split during a game and couldn't be saved by duct tape.

They were like Billy's Boots and  replacing them with a non Patrick pair likely scuppered my hopes of turning professional.

7 hours ago, Costanza said:

What's this?

My all time favourite football boots were a pair of black and white striped Patrick boots that I had about 12, 13 year old I think.

I was devastated when they eventually split during a game and couldn't be saved by duct tape.

They were like Billy's Boots and  replacing them with a non Patrick pair likely scuppered my hopes of turning professional.

You must have been decent anyway. All the lads with Patrick boots at my school were good footballers playing for the good boy’s clubs at the weekend. I always had Puma boots amongst a sea of Adidas and the (literally) poor sods with Winfield. 

7 hours ago, Costanza said:

What's this?

:lol:

I had the same experience in the early 70s.

Outgrew my Hummel Mexicans (white boots), I was a trailblazer.

Replaced them with Adidas Beckenbaurs, missed an open goal first game (I actually missed the ball).

went home with blisters on my ankles, career never recovered, 11 yo.

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

You must have been decent anyway. All the lads with Patrick boots at my school were good footballers playing for the good boy’s clubs at the weekend. I always had Puma boots amongst a sea of Adidas and the (literally) poor sods with Winfield. 

On the basis that no one contradict me, yes I was...

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

:lol:

I had the same experience in the early 70s.

Outgrew my Hummel Mexicans (white boots), I was a trailblazer.

Replaced them with Adidas Beckenbaurs, missed an open goal first game (I actually missed the ball).

went home with blisters on my ankles, career never recovered, 11 yo.

Those sliding doors moments eh :laugh2:

periodictabledancer

Kicks are nice - but still the poor man's Gazelle. :lol:

Just bought a nice new pair of Gazelle for the Euros trip next summer. Also looked at some retro Gola stuff in black/maroon but decided against it. 

Need to get back in the gymn now. 

15 hours ago, Tazio said:

I had kicks, they lasted about a month. Shite.  Then graduated to bamba with the gum sole,  a far superior shoe IMO, and the best looking of the samba bamba mamba range. 

9 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Kicks are nice - but still the poor man's Gazelle. :lol:

Just bought a nice new pair of Gazelle for the Euros trip next summer. Also looked at some retro Gola stuff in black/maroon but decided against it. 

Need to get back in the gymn now. 

When Kicks were out there were no Gazelles in the UK.Your choice was Kicks , Samba , Mamba , Bamba , Nike Division and Puma Match/Silver Dalglish.

Basically your trainers were black 🤣

periodictabledancer
4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

When Kicks were out there were no Gazelles in the UK.Your choice was Kicks , Samba , Mamba , Bamba , Nike Division and Puma Match/Silver Dalglish.

Basically your trainers were black 🤣

Blue Gazelles were worn by my PE teacher's in the very early 70s , they've been around since the 60s. 

On 28/11/2023 at 09:03, Tazio said:

Always thought Patrick boots were for rugby.