What'sapp

Seaside Dave

Just wondering if anyone knows what this is ? Read a few things online where some saying yea you're blocked or they've just not read it. Can anyone explain the 2 grey ticks ? Is it delivered to receiptant but they just haven't been online.  

Have tried ringing the person too but no answer.

Screenshot_20231127-003337~2.png

1 minute ago, Seaside Dave said:

Just wondering if anyone knows what this is ? Read a few things online where some saying yea you're blocked or they've just not read it. Can anyone explain the 2 grey ticks ? Is it delivered to receiptant but they just haven't been online.  

1874?

2 minutes ago, magic roundabout said:

I'm fairly certain it means they haven't read the message......nothing to do with blocking.

Yes the grey screen as a pic threw me off as defo had a pic before. 

52 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

IIRC, 1 grey tick = gone from your device, not yet delivered to theirs; 2 grey ticks = sent and delivered, not read by theirs.; 2 blue ticks = sent, delivered and read.

However, you can switch off read notification.  That means that when you read a message the sender doesn't get blue ticks - but it also means that you don't see the blue ticks when others read your messages.

Edited by Ulysses

Samuel Camazzola
5 hours ago, Day@theraces said:

If they are trying to con you they could have scrolled down from the top of their screen and seen the pic but not opened the message.

Phone can also be switched to 'flight mode' to read the message without notification ticks turning blue. 😉 

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

1690 if a PHM 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

I literally said it was 187400 so no idea why you've said 1690 but sure 

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

1690 if a PHM 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Oh dear the replies don't seem to realise how tongue in cheek this post is 🤣 

7 hours ago, Ulysses said:

IIRC, 1 grey tick = gone from your device, not yet delivered to theirs; 2 grey ticks = sent and delivered, not read by theirs.; 2 blue ticks = sent, delivered and read.

However, you can switch off read notification.  That means that when you read a message the sender doesn't get blue ticks - but it also means that you don't see the blue ticks when others read your messages.

WhatsApp was a nightmare for me for. A time .  I had rather an “ obsessive “ friend ( I seem to attract them) . Anyway he would notice id read the messages by the blue ticks so then would send a barrage of messages if I didn’t answer within minutes , irrespective of what I was doing . It was outrageous . I turned off the blue ticks and he went radge about that ! Anyway in the parlance of WhatsApp he’s “ blocked “ 🚫  in real life 👍

A former colleague used to say “I’ll what’s you up” rather than “message you.”  I swear some people actually practice being stupid. 

rudi must stay
19 hours ago, magic roundabout said:

I'm fairly certain it means they haven't read the message......nothing to do with blocking.

You only get 1 tick if you're blocked. And their display pic goes away