Laszlo prepares Hearts clearout

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7512965.stm

Apologies if posted elsewhere, i couldnt see it.

Hearts new manager Csaba Laszlo is ready to offload players from his oversized first team squad and show faith in emerging talent.

The Romanian-born coach also spoke of the need to instill a new confidence at the Tynecastle club after finishing a poor eighth in last season's SPL table.

"We have a very big squad and must look to reduce the numbers and give chances to the young players," Laszlo said

"But my work is not only on the field - we must build team spirit."

The former Uganda manager watched his side lose 1-0 at Dunfermline on Wednesday, two days after their 1-1 draw at Glentoran.

Laszlo has recognised his players need lifting and has earmarked their German training camp, which they leave for on Sunday, as the perfect place to do so.

"This is the big problem at the moment, I see the players are completely down," Laszlo explained.

"We have a 10-day training camp in Germany and we will take all the players who can help the team.

"We must come back with a very good confidence and spirit."

And veteran goalkeeper Steve Banks is sure the manager will get his point across.

"We have had two games in quick succession, within a day of the manager coming in," Banks told the club's official website.

Who should stay and who should go at Tynecastle?

"It has not given him much time time to sit down and tell us what he wanted and put that into practice on the training ground.

"With 10 days in Germany, he'll have plenty of time to tell us exactly what he wants and show us how it's going to be done."

"There are a few players who are coming back from injuries that have missed quite a bit of football and have missed pre-season," Banks added.

apology's, just seen this thread - http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=21559

Obscure title.

Archived