Triple Lock for Pensioners . . . .

Section Q

WorldChampions1902
1 minute ago, H2 said:

That maybe the case, every generation in history benefits from improved living standards. That has not changed. The current youngers generations are even better off, with better housing and higher living standards, more holidays abroad than any other generation, better cars, and add in the other luxuries like mobile phones. Better education opportunities, Better working conditions, better health and safety, But all we hear is "your ruined my childhood" you "destroyed the planet". etc etc etc.

The bit in bold. Yes it has changed. It has been acknowledged that the current generation will be worse off than their parents - the first time ever. So I have every sympathy for today’s youngsters.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlueRiver

• davemclaren

• Section Q

• frankblack

Just now, WorldChampions1902 said:

The bit in bold. Yes it has changed. It has been acknowledged that the current generation will be worse off than their parents - the first time ever. So I have every sympathy for today’s youngsters.

What is the "current generation"? 0 to 20?

WorldChampions1902
16 minutes ago, H2 said:

What is the "current generation"? 0 to 20?

It’s irrelevant, as the point in discussion here is your assertion that quote, “every generation in history benefits from improved living standards. That has not changed”.

Unless you are sticking to that assertion?

11 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

It’s irrelevant, as the point in discussion here is your assertion that quote, “every generation in history benefits from improved living standards. That has not changed”.

Unless you are sticking to that assertion?

Can't really assess the current 0 to 20 generation, I'll give you that. The 20 to 40, and 40 to 60 generation have benefited from higher living standards throughout their lives than the 60 to 80 generation.

On 22/11/2023 at 16:20, davemclaren said:

Clever ploy to increase the pension by the triple lock amount then claw some of it back from most by not raising the tax threshold but reducing NI rates.  

Scottish government don’t always track the UK government income tax changes anyway. The thresholds here are different (lower) Income tax should never have been devolved IMO.

Anyhoo, roll on March 2024 when I start collecting what I paid in and get another 6.7% on my FS private pension. How is it you can only afford fast cars and loose women when you’re too old to appreciate either ?

As I live abroad I had to apply 4 months b4 I turned 66 on the 26th.

I did and having phoned them to check up it was going well turns out it's not even been processed yet, I have been lost in a hard drive!

They are trying to fast track me now.