Cash in the attic (JKB style)

Doctor FinnBarr

Doctor FinnBarr

Got anything kicking about the attic (or house/garage etc) that might be worth a few pounds?

I'll start you off, wife was left a book of Burns poems by her Geordie gramps, pics in it are inlaid lead and according to tinternet its worth a few bob but we have no need to sell. Could get it professionally valued I suppose but bookshops want paid for a valueation so we'll no bother.

What you got?

3 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Got anything kicking about the attic (or house/garage etc) that might be worth a few pounds?

I'll start you off, wife was left a book of Burns poems by her Geordie gramps, pics in it are inlaid lead and according to tinternet its worth a few bob but we have no need to sell. Could get it professionally valued I suppose but bookshops want paid for a valueation so we'll no bother.

What you got?

I'd be getting that valued. 

I have a full set of every Kenner Star Wars figure with all of their weapons and hats etc. They're also all originals with no fake replacement parts. I even have all of the weird variants. I collected them in the 90s and early 2000s when they weren't worth much.

I have maybe 20 still sealed on their original cards too. A couple of rare Japanese ones. Thought about selling them but I don't really need the money for anything.

17 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

What you got?

14 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

I'd be getting that valued. 

Even if only for insurance purposes. 

Sod all. My turntable should be worth something as it’s from a very short lived high quality manufacturer with the added kudos that John Peel would only use them but for some reason the real world value has never reflected that. 

9 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I have a full set of every Kenner Star Wars figure with all of their weapons and hats etc. They're also all originals with no fake replacement parts. I even have all of the weird variants. I collected them in the 90s and early 2000s when they weren't worth much.

I have maybe 20 still sealed on their original cards too. A couple of rare Japanese ones. Thought about selling them but I don't really need the money for anything.

I am very jealous.

I still have all my original figs/ships etc but lost the weapons. Don't think I'll ever part with them tbh.

Still collect SW toys and I'm near 50. 🤣

Doctor FinnBarr
27 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Good on you mate, I've no truck with Sci-fi whatsoever so all that means nowt to me. Sorry

Nearest I've got to Sci-fi is early Doctor Who and the Clangers.

Edited by Doctor FinnBarr

I’ve got 

Kill Bill and Rambo figurines (unopened), 

a few Oscar programmes which were for guests attending (bought them a long time ago and they are bubble wrapped and mint),  some film premiere press release programmes, Empire magazine issue 1 (again mint and bubble wrapped) as well as some of their more collectible issues,  all the papers and press clippings from the mercer takeover ,  boxed old game consoles like Dreamcast etc. , and old programmes / fanzines etc. 

Hope there’s not a leak 🤣🤣

Edited by 1971fozzy

51 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

wow that’s impressive 👍👍

8 hours ago, neilnunb said:

I am very jealous.

I still have all my original figs/ships etc but lost the weapons. Don't think I'll ever part with them tbh.

Still collect SW toys and I'm near 50. 🤣

There's a few of them.

Screenshot_20231120_163225_Gallery.jpg

11 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

There's a few of them.

Screenshot_20231120_163225_Gallery.jpg

Now did you know Bossk is my favourite before posting that! 😡🤣

Nice though. 🙂

8 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Nice though. 🙂

Emperors Royal Guard has always been my favourite. I have a couple of different ones on cards and about 8 loose complete ones.

13 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Nice though. 🙂

These ones are all 21 backs. All sealed and highly grade-able if I could be arsed.

Screenshot_20231120_165824_Gallery.jpg

il Duce McTarkin

Set of technics SL-1210 mk 2 and a wee Gemini scratchmaster mixer. Must be half a ton of early 90s thechno/house vinyl too. Probably not worth much in cash terms but huge sentimental value.

joondalupjambo

A number of older dated gold sovereigns.

All kept for when the world implodes and need to have gold coin to trade for stuff to survive, like a gun 🙂

1 hour ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Set of technics SL-1210 mk 2 and a wee Gemini scratchmaster mixer. Must be half a ton of early 90s thechno/house vinyl too. Probably not worth much in cash terms but huge sentimental value.

Sure someone would jump at the mk2.

I spent most of my late teens and 20s saving up for and upgrading my set up. Numark Belt Drives to 1210s and a DJM 600 just in time for everybody to move over to CDJS. Then Pioneer CDJ800s and DJM 1000 . 

3 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Emperors Royal Guard has always been my favourite. I have a couple of different ones on cards and about 8 loose complete ones.

Yeah I loved them too. Also loved the Tie Fighter Pilot, complete with strawberry smell from being manufactured in the same factory as Strawberry Shortcake. 🤣  was gutted when I last had a look at my figures and the smell had finally worn off after 40 years. 

3 hours ago, cosanostra said:

These ones are all 21 backs. All sealed and highly grade-able if I could be arsed.

Screenshot_20231120_165824_Gallery.jpg

Nice additions to the pension fund 🙂

13 hours ago, cosanostra said:

What's the rough estimated value?

I was raking about last week and found an original Rembrandt and a Stradivarius. Unfortunately, Stradivarius couldn't paint and Rembrandt made shit violins.

15 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I’ve got a few bodies up my attic . However not in condition now . 

i was going to say Shannon Mathews  :)

periodictabledancer

Got some vinyl up there : 70s bootlegs and American imports of Bowie, some coloured  vinyl LPs including "Rumours" in white.

Probably all in good condition as none have been played in over 35 years.

I want to get a good turntable and givem them a blast but I know the missus will go mental at "more junk" in the lounge. Sometimes I hate her. 

I've got a couple of hookers in the loft.  No longer in the best of condition, but might be of some value to an entomologist, someone into mycology or just a pervert. There must be plenty of people on here that that covers. PM me for details.

The Old Tolbooth

I had a bottle of Atholl Brose kicking about, it's brewed by McKenzie's Distillery, and was a wheaty whiskey type drink, dated late 19th century, until the wife dropped it and it smashed :facepalm:

I've got stacks of Hearts memorabilia tucked away in the house where the wife can't see them.😄  ( she's always threatening to throw them out ! )

cd's, Newspapers, and an album that my Dad started for me about 70 years ago,

with old cuttings from the  50's up to about approx 1970.

My grandkids are English, and have no interest in Hearts whatsoever. ( Despite my best efforts over the years .🤔 )

If anybody wants them, let me know, and I'll bring them up to 'Stratties' on Saturday.

I'm there from 1 o'clock till just beforekick off time 😊.

3 minutes ago, bairdy said:

I've got stacks of Hearts memorabilia tucked away in the house where the wife can't see them.😄  ( she's always threatening to throw them out ! )

cd's, Newspapers, and an album that my Dad started for me about 70 years ago,

with old cuttings from the  50's up to about approx 1970.

My grandkids are English, and have no interest in Hearts whatsoever. ( Despite my best efforts over the years .🤔 )

If anybody wants them, let me know, and I'll bring them up to 'Stratties' on Saturday.

I'm there from 1 o'clock till just beforekick off time 😊.

I've got absolutely tons of Hearts stuff too.  Oldest things are a scarf and badge my grandad wore to the 1956 Scottish Cup Final, a programme from the game and a copy of the Pink News from that same night.  I have literally hundreds of programs (home and away) too.

Many, many Hearts books and other wee trivial Hearts related items, including autographs.

A huge collection of Hearts scarfs and a couple of hundred (approx) badges - sew-on and pin type.

I brought them all here to France and, much to the dismay of my wife, am soon taking them back to Edinburgh.

However, I won't be in 'Stratties" on Saturday!

8 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

What's the rough estimated value?

I'm genuinely unsure tbh. The ones on their cards are all worth £200-£1000 each. I've probably got 150 loose complete ones as well including all of the last Power of the Force ones and the coins they came with. I haven't looked at them in years but they're all safely stored.

Selling them individually would yield more value but it would be a massively annoying.

A walking stick gifted to a whisky founder from the 1800s, an elephant's ear table and a misprinted £5 note.

No idea of the value but the most interesting things I've got.

Edited by Taffin

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

I'm genuinely unsure tbh. The ones on their cards are all worth £200-£1000 each. I've probably got 150 loose complete ones as well including all of the last Power of the Force ones and the coins they came with. I haven't looked at them in years but they're all safely stored.

Selling them individually would yield more value but it would be a massively annoying.

Having watched Pawn Stars I know how this is done. I need to make a margin,  so you have to sell wholesale,  so I'll take them all off you for 25 quid... final offer. 

On a serious note I do have sone cutlery which an ex left once he scarpered from me . It’s real silver ( apparently ) but not sure where I can get it valued . ? 

29 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

A bottle of Catherine Maxwell Stewart's 21st birthday brew Traqair Ale from 1985.

Who’s she 

I had over a 150  “ empire “ film magazines right from its original publication . I tried to flogg them on eBay but it was a carry on so I just binned them as they were cluttering my house ( I hate clutter ) 

14 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

On a serious note I do have sone cutlery which an ex left once he scarpered from me . It’s real silver ( apparently ) but not sure where I can get it valued . ? 

Daltons...

Sawdust Caesar
16 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

On a serious note I do have some cutlery which an ex left once he scarpered from me . It’s real silver ( apparently ) but not sure where I can get it valued . ? 

My mum had to move into a care home so I had to clear her house to get it sold. She had told me some of the furniture and silverware were antiques and worth a bit of cash, so I contacted Lyon & Turnbull who sent an expert (of sorts) to my mum's house to value the stuff for free. Turns out my mum had lied to me about the real value of her stuff as the silverware and furniture weren't as old and valuable as she had said. L & T advised me that the value of her stuff was too low for them to sell at auction but at least they didn't charge me for this service. 

I'm pretty sure you can also take items into there premises to get them valued for free.

34 minutes ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

My mum had to move into a care home so I had to clear her house to get it sold. She had told me some of the furniture and silverware were antiques and worth a bit of cash, so I contacted Lyon & Turnbull who sent an expert (of sorts) to my mum's house to value the stuff for free. Turns out my mum had lied to me about the real value of her stuff as the silverware and furniture weren't as old and valuable as she had said. L & T advised me that the value of her stuff was too low for them to sell at auction but at least they didn't charge me for this service. 

I'm pretty sure you can also take items into there premises to get them valued for free.

Cheers 👍

Not me, but my mate also has a bunch of old Star Wars toys and a signed photo of Princess Di. Keep telling him to sell but he's having none of it. 

I've moved house too many times, and my mum and dad are clean freaks, so there's bugger all up their loft, if it's not theirs, it gets chucked out.