National Lottery funds

Tommy Brown

Over 80 per cent of its funds go to voluntary and community organisations, it also makes grants to statutory bodies, local authorities and social enterprises.

The fund makes grants to projects working in health, education and the environment and the charitable sector.

In West Lothian we are seeing three Swimming Pools close. I believe there is similar happening around the country.

The way I understand it is that they are not viable and running at a loss.

Considering the rise in inflation, energy costs and the subsequent rise in wages, I understand why finance is a huge problem.

Councils can only make their monies go so far.

IMO these are such important amenities for Health and well being to the public. they are not closing due lack of use, but cost.

Surely to feck NL money would be better spent in saving these type of amenities.

No purchase offer has been made for Broxburn, the council will spend £200k to demolish it, to save on-going maintenance costs and more attractive to purchase.

Bubbles at Almondvale to be demolished and replaced with Filling station with McDonalds drive thru (allegedly).

We really deserve what we get.

4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Over 80 per cent of its funds go to voluntary and community organisations, it also makes grants to statutory bodies, local authorities and social enterprises.

The fund makes grants to projects working in health, education and the environment and the charitable sector.

In West Lothian we are seeing three Swimming Pools close. I believe there is similar happening around the country.

Considering the rise in inflation, energy costs and the subsequent rise in wages, I understand why finance is a huge problem.

IMO these are such important amenities for Health and well being to the public. they are not closing due lack of use, but cost.

Surely to feck NL money would be better spent in saving these type of amenities.

No purchase offer has been made for Broxburn, the council will spend £200k to demolish it, to save on-going maintenance costs and more attractive to purchase.

Bubbles at Almondvale to be demolished and replaced with Filling station with McDonalds drive thru (allegedly).

People don't seem to see what's coming, this costcutting is across all councils. Think about what just the rise in energy prices alone means to a body that maintains loads of large buildings and sites.

Communities will complain, but the money simply isn't there to keep everything going.

Malinga the Swinga
56 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Should have made request to Humza and SNP. He found £750k to send to Hamas, sorry Palestine, while ignoring Scotland. Maybe it's because user of swimming pool in Scotland are wrong colour/religion for him to fund.