Highlights

Ricardo Quaresma

2 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

What a ****ing joke those two penalty decisions for us were. 

That’s an absolute disgrace. 

Yup, and I would say, WTF was Cochrane supposed to do from point blank range? I know, letter of the law and all that, but , if that’s an OF player?  …exactly.

Ref couldn’t wait to give them a penalty same in the semi final last week, first thought is not to give them to us. Boyce one is a stone Waller as is the second one, kicks through Shankland to get the ball, it’s a foul anywhere else on the pitch and stops a goal scoring chance. Ref was nothing but a cheat yesterday. 

Mitigation on them all from those pictures, the point remains though. If its another team would the decisions be the same.

We all know the answer to that.

So not only do we now not get the small decisions and pick up the same amount of ridiculous yellow cards, we are not going to get the big decisions either.

One consolation having VAR from yesterday though, without it, Shanks 2nd would have been called offside  😉

2 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Yup, and I would say, WTF was Cochrane supposed to do from point blank range? I know, letter of the law and all that, but , if that’s an OF player?  …exactly.

Cochrane was a pen all day long regardless of team.

2 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Cochrane decision was correct. His hand shouldn't have been in that position.

Corstorphine Jambo

Most of the chat has been about the challenge on Boyce. For me, a penalty, but I think the foul on Shankland is an even clearer penalty!

And the one against is an absolute stone-waller. You can’t have your arm up like that.

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

An unfortunate one though. WTF was he actually meant to do its from about 20cm away from him. 

The other two for us. Complete joke. 

Weekly complaints being made to the authorities i hope. 

13 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

It gets confusing with the rules changing every 5 minutes.

For years I felt interpretation in different scenarios is required.  You may not give a foul or pen for Cochrane’s handball elsewhere in or out the box but I’ve always believed if a handball stops a goal-ward shot or gives the team in possession advantage(like a player running through who gains possession with his arm or hand before scoring) it’s a foul. 

Completely unfortunate, Cochrane not to blame. Just a sheer bad luck but it’s a handball that possibly stopped a goal.  I didn’t like it but there’s too many arguments now.  Would we have got the pen in the 2012 semi if VAR was around?

Sometimes there’s benefit to the refs interpretation.  

The ball was heading towards the goal - yes Cochrane couldn't move his hand in time but it was a pen - just the same as the pen in the semi was a pen.

Stop looking for conspiracies, it makes you look like one of the bigots.

40 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

36 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Cochrane decision was correct. His hand shouldn't have been in that position.

40 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Ok, as I said, letter of the law, maybe Cochrane will learn from it but he had next to zero reaction time on this.

8 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Ok, as I said, letter of the law, maybe Cochrane will learn from it but he had next to zero reaction time on this.

There's nothing to learn from. Your arms/hands are always going to get in positions deemed "unnatural" when fighting for space/jumping. It was unlucky but the ball was heading towards the goal so it has to be a pen even with 0 reaction time. It would have been a pen if his arms were at his side and it stopped the ball from hitting the net.

17 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

There's nothing to learn from. Your arms/hands are always going to get in positions deemed "unnatural" when fighting for space/jumping. It was unlucky but the ball was heading towards the goal so it has to be a pen even with 0 reaction time. It would have been a pen if his arms were at his side and it stopped the ball from hitting the net.

Ok, look forward to the consistency.👍

Ricardo Quaresma

Cochrane one, it's not going in and there's no opposition player to nod it in or kick it in

Arms down next time, lad

8 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

It gets confusing with the rules changing every 5 minutes.

For years I felt interpretation in different scenarios is required.  You may not give a foul or pen for Cochrane’s handball elsewhere in or out the box but I’ve always believed if a handball stops a goal-ward shot or gives the team in possession advantage(like a player running through who gains possession with his arm or hand before scoring) it’s a foul. 

Completely unfortunate, Cochrane not to blame. Just a sheer bad luck but it’s a handball that possibly stopped a goal.  I didn’t like it but there’s too many arguments now.  Would we have got the pen in the 2012 semi if VAR was around?

Sometimes there’s benefit to the refs interpretation.  

You've made a good point there.

That ball was going out the park (maybe even the ground), it was not going to be turned in by another Motherwell player, or cleared by another Hearts player.

It was a wild swing at the ball.