Matchworn Strips from todays game v Motherwell

livi

1 hour ago, livi said:

Proceeds from today's MatchWornShirt sales will go to Poppy Scotland and Big Hearts  

Poppyscotland hires design agency to modernise the poppy brandimage.jpeg.52a13768395a95ffc8815d882ac01175.jpeg

Great cause,though   wish they would raffle a few of the tops.

Auctions .only affordable to the few.

even one or two strips raffled would surely out perform an auction.

Edited by Tott

Finbar Saunders
1 hour ago, Tott said:

Great cause,though   wish they would raffle a few of the tops.

Auctions .only affordable to the few.

even one or two strips raffled would surely out perform an auction.

Aye, raffle would be good. I'm actually in a good place money wise at the moment and be able to buy a shirt if I wish, what one though (cheaper end of the market)

Great cause but what happened to the cost of living crisis ? 

I've got a mate who's politically astute and always banging on about food banks, the Government and the cost of living but is currently in the run in  for one of those shirts ! He was asked why not donate his bid money to the local food bank.

Personally, modern day match worn shirts don't interest me as I know how easy it is to get them match prepared. 

Good luck to all those involved, I hope you get a result and inform the better half of your investment. 

6 minutes ago, dannymack said:

I've got a mate who's politically astute and always banging on about food banks, the Government and the cost of living but is currently in the run in  for one of those shirts ! He was asked why not donate his bid money to the local food bank.

Personally, modern day match worn shirts don't interest me as I know how easy it is to get them match prepared. 

Good luck to all those involved, I hope you get a result and inform the better half of your investment. 

there's have's and have not's. Your mate clearly in the "have's" group.

Still plenty of well heeled folk in Edinburgh....

27 minutes ago, dannymack said:

That doesn't make much sense to me, why would anyone expect him not to buy something he wanted?

3 hours ago, dannymack said:

The cost of living crisis isn't for those that can splash 995 blabs on a sweaty Lawrence Shankland shirt. 

4 hours ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

That doesn't make much sense to me, why would anyone expect him not to buy something he wanted?

Apologies for not simplifying my point. 

I just don't get folk who bang on about poverty, crisis, food banks from their own political persuasive platform etc etc but are not shy about ****ing off 3/4 times a year to exotic holiday destinations, drive about in a top of the range car, never out of Hearts hospitality and of course is wanting to purchase a football top at an obscene price. 

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

The cost of living crisis isn't for those that can splash 995 blabs on a sweaty Lawrence Shankland shirt. 

Correct but the person who might be buying it should haw'd their wheesht when complaining about the cost of living crisis.

24 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Correct but the person who might be buying it should haw'd their wheesht when complaining about the cost of living crisis.

Definitely. Same with people who complain about not being able to afford their new mortgage rate, but are booking their 4th holiday of the year. 

Maybe best posted on the Seethe thread :lol:

3 hours ago, tian447 said:

Definitely. Same with people who complain about not being able to afford their new mortgage rate, but are booking their 4th holiday of the year. 

Maybe best posted on the Seethe thread :lol:

Let's go radge ! 🤪

queensferryjambo
On 12/11/2023 at 08:45, Baxfee said:

Anyone bought one via auction? How much is added on for shipping and framing?

I have bought from matchwornshirts before, but never took up the framing option so shipping was reasonable.

However beware there was someone on here before in another thread who was more than unhappy when he got his framed. The first thing was the framing was very expensive, the shipping from Holland was expensive and with the price of the shirt and the framing being so high - so was the import tax.

I wouldn't suggest getting any match shirt framed TBH some picture framers pretty much destroy the shirts with tape, staples, pins etc

49 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I have bought from matchwornshirts before, but never took up the framing option so shipping was reasonable.

However beware there was someone on here before in another thread who was more than unhappy when he got his framed. The first thing was the framing was very expensive, the shipping from Holland was expensive and with the price of the shirt and the framing being so high - so was the import tax.

I wouldn't suggest getting any match shirt framed TBH some picture framers pretty much destroy the shirts with tape, staples, pins etc

Defo get the shirt as is, and then frame, or not, to one's own satisfaction.

After all, a genuinely prized match-worn shirt can always be kept to be worn for special occasions.