Aberdeen

richardhateshibs

6 minutes ago, ford donald said:

paok are a very good side,top of their group.

In the lowest European competition. Aberdeen certainly aren’t going toe to toe with some big clubs in Europe. 😂

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• kingantti1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• 1971fozzy

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

In the lowest European competition. Aberdeen certainly aren’t going toe to toe with some big clubs in Europe. 😂

Just literally read this. Aberdeen completed only around average 250 passes over the 2 games, thats very low, parking the bus, is not going toe to toe. Anyone thats gullible enough to drink that in deserves to be treated with derision.

2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Just literally read this. Aberdeen completed only around average 250 passes over the 2 games, thats very low, parking the bus, is not going toe to toe. Anyone thats gullible enough to drink that in deserves to be treated with derision.

Well someone believed it enough to start a thread about them. 😂

:cornette:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Well someone believed it enough to start a thread about them. 😂

:cornette:

:lol:

I managed to watch all 4 matches, the approach to the games was stark. Aberdeen are very efficient at what they do, cant take that away from them, its football hijacking or mugging.

We chose a much braver path, yet get called soft for attempting to play football. Sitting inside your own box and hoofing it away, yes you have to defend bravely, but from a coaching pov, its a cowardly method.

You can only piss the cock you have I suppose, Aberdeen have identified they have no chance trying to play football, maybe we should have done the same, rather try and give it a go passing myself.

3 hours ago, droid said:

Exactly what I thought. Robson going on about standing toe to toe with a very good side, ermm naw!

Never toe to toe.  He spouts some pish.  Suppose it keeps him in a job. They have Celtic and Rangers up next in the league which will be interesting 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Never toe to toe.  He spouts some pish.  Suppose it keeps him in a job. They have Celtic and Rangers up next in the league which will be interesting 

His Hibs review was quite amusing, because of the workload, we couldnt get at them the way we wanted to. Aye ok, outplayed by Hibs

To be fair quite a lot of Aberdeen fans not delighted with his quips.

10 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

will indeed.  tbf, they've done alright last 2 games v sevco

Diadora Van Basten

PAOK beat Olympiakos at the weekend and made 6 changes for the Aberdeen game. How Aberdeen got a draw last night is beyond me they must have only crossed the half way line twice and came away with two very fortunate goals.

2 hours ago, ford donald said:

paok are a very good side,top of their group.

I don't think they are that good tbh. Reasonable team but the scoreline v us was more because we were badly organised. 

4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I don't think they are that good tbh. Reasonable team but the scoreline v us was more because we were badly organised. 

If Shankland's goal had stood we would have beaten them at Tynie - over in Greece is another matter.

Edited by briever

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, briever said:

If Shankland's goal had stood we wouldn't have beaten them at Tynie - over in Greece is another matter.

Another- what if!

What a strike as well!

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

His Hibs review was quite amusing, because of the workload, we couldnt get at them the way we wanted to. Aye ok, outplayed by Hibs

To be fair quite a lot of Aberdeen fans not delighted with his quips.

Aye, but then because they've forgot how to play football teams like Kilie outplay them and rip from arse paper.

4 minutes ago, briever said:

If Shankland's goal had stood we wouldn't have beaten them at Tynie - over in Greece is another matter.

Exactly the point. Aberdeen managed it. We made them look good. 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, HopeDiouf said:

will indeed.  tbf, they've done alright last 2 games v sevco

If they keep it it 0-0 they might do OK, concede early and watch them concede 5.

Hoof the baw away tactics only work if the other teams is profligate in front of goal as much as good defending helps.

We almost done it v Rangers in the sc final with a post denying us,  but ultimately what usually happens is you get beat and the better team wins, even if narrowly.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Or had to win and over turn a defeciet.

6 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Did we not do nearly 700 against Livi?

Suppose its about what you do with the ball ultimately. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
11 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Big difference playing PAOK in August than November. Heat for starters. Plus alot more games under your belt too.

End of the day, Aberdeen have had as much success in Europe this season, as we had last season. Currently with less group points too.

If there are those who think that is success, crack on.

Do other teams have as many weirdos on their message board as we do?  The ones whose sole purpose is to ridicule the team they’re supposed to support. It’s amazing the number. I’m sure some are #obos with nothing better to do with their time. But a few must be actual Hearts fans. Blows me away.

Rev. I M Jolly to a man. Each and everyone of them.

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Do other teams have as many weirdos on their message board as we do?  The ones whose sole purpose is to ridicule the team they’re supposed to support. It’s amazing the number. I’m sure some are #obos with nothing better to do with their time. But a few must be actual Hearts fans. Blows me away.

Rev. I M Jolly to a man. Each and everyone of them.

It is the same folk who complain about everything who are now praising Aberdeen for being knocked out of Europe after 4 games.

Easy to spot though, they have 100 odd posts after 10 years of membership on job with most of them being critical of Hearts.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

The same ***** that moaned about Neilson’s dull performances are rejoicing in Aberdeen’s anti football. 

Glad you said it.

Many were also greetin we only got 6 points when we were in the group stages.

Malinga the Swinga

Amazing how those harping on about Aberdeen have gone quiet after a pumping today.

Given they're full of world beaters, who we missed out on, must be a shock to world football that they are still below us in league 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Rancid the word Sutton used. Actually looking like the poor man's Livingston today. 

Robson says nobody will hammer them, think again. Playing for a 2 0 loss and took 6.

Another thread aimed at reducing Hearts that is spectacularly off the mark 

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Amazing how those harping on about Aberdeen have gone quiet after a pumping today.

Given they're full of world beaters, who we missed out on, must be a shock to world football that they are still below us in league 

I'd still take McGrath and Devlin,  they'd improve us imo.

Celtic rinsed us at home recently , the games v the OF are just shite tbh.

Aberdeen are really poor in general,  the are quite anti football  and with rangers then at hibs next, I see a sacking soon.

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Have they even had or have injury issues? Same with Hibs.

Honestly can't wait until we're fighting fit.

Off inuried yes! Half a team like us? No absolutely not 

They play one way. Three big cb and a rough and rugged. Fair is fair and they've picked up some decent results in Europe.

But to be honest besides Livingston they are the most one dimensional limited sides I've seen us play thus season 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

They're having such a strange season.

One minute they're half decent beating rangers at ibrox etc the next they're an absolute disaster getting thumped by teams strange stuff but entertaining hahaha. 

Also zero idea how they reached league cup final.

Oh wait the semi final was against hibs and hibs hibsed it again. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

They're having such a strange season.

One minute they're half decent beating rangers at ibrox etc the next they're an absolute disaster getting thumped by teams strange stuff but entertaining hahaha. 

Also zero idea how they reached league cup final.

Oh wait the semi final was against hibs and hibs hibsed it again. 

poster explained it above . Up to today they have been decent in fixtures where they can sit very deep and go long to miovski. As soon as they go behind they are knackered , they can’t play on the front foot. They have good midfield players but bypass it, they have near to zero pace in the wide areas. 

genuinely a very limited team, Kilmarnock with a big wage bill.  We can aspire to a lot of sides. Aberdeen are not one of them 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Aberdeen are a truly awful football side. 

That big CB is one of the biggest bombscares i've ever seen. 

to be fair got to give him plaudits for this.

https://x.com/roons96/status/1723745149484728531?t=Z-gPA1zka59h0dxDhUGI_w&s=08

enjoyable 

Edited by kingantti1874

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

Excellent stuff to see.

Aberdeen absolutely torture in the league, as usual. 

In Europe, only 2 points on the board... At least we won both our games against Riga.

Long may it continue. Wonder how Dave Cormack is feeling ;) 

Malinga the Swinga
53 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

They play one way. Three big cb and a rough and rugged. Fair is fair and they've picked up some decent results in Europe.

But to be honest besides Livingston they are the most one dimensional limited sides I've seen us play thus season 

They have won zero games, drawn at home to bottom ranked team and drawn away to a largely second string PAOK. 

They're out if Europe in minimum number of games possible to do so therefore pardon me if I snort in derision at 'picking up decent results in Europe'.

Barry Robson is very much like Lee Johnson during his time at Hibs in terms of pulling a result out the bag when the sheep worriers start to get on his case. It’ll end soon though, once the European excuse runs out he’ll hit a sticky patch. I still think Neilson will be there manager by the end of this season.

4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Barry Robson is very much like Lee Johnson during his time at Hibs in terms of pulling a result out the bag when the sheep worriers start to get on his case. It’ll end soon though, once the European excuse runs out he’ll hit a sticky patch. I still think Neilson will be there manager by the end of this season.

Neilson has landed a job in Miami. No chance he'll be swapping that for Aberdeen.

7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Neilson has landed a job in Miami. No chance he'll be swapping that for Aberdeen.

Oh really is that official I hadn’t heard. Fair play to him.

The real sadness in all this is that all we have to rejoice about is how shite the rest of Scottish teams outside Glasgow are and how shite Sevco and Celtic are in Europe ha.. bloody.. ha!

Scottish domestic football is at an all time low ebb. The 80s when Dundee Utd, Aberdeen and us all had good runs have all long gone. The people running football in this country for the benefit of only two teams have had a detrimental effect on everything, both in footballing terms and beyond .