Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• rudi must stay

• heatonjambo

• luckyBatistuta

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Mickey Rooney in “ breakfast at Tiffany’s” 😂

IMG_6246.jpeg

Had to look twice. Thought that was Stephen Graham. 

5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Babs in “ Yentl “  . Playing a 16 years old boy and she was 40’at  the time . Film is still very good though 

IMG_6247.webp

or Stockard Channing in grease

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Had to look twice. Thought that was Stephen Graham. 

😂😂

Just now, heatonjambo said:

or Stockard Channing in grease

image.jpeg

Think they were all late 20s mid 30s and all were miscast 

4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Katherine Hepburn ? But not sure of the film ? 

er er Judy ! In “ everybody sings “ I think 

mo sure of last one ? 

Yes - dragon seed 1944

yes and yes

rock Hudson as the Indian chief in Winchester 73. With the immortal line of ‘all white men are theives’

assume in acting roles also 😀

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Think they were all late 20s mid 30s and all were miscast 

37 playing 16 😂

9 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

Yes - dragon seed 1944

yes and yes

rock Hudson as the Indian chief in Winchester 73. With the immortal line of ‘all white men are theives’

assume in acting roles also 😀

Oh dear ! Re them all . Judy did express embarrassment in later life about doing black face 

Not a film but a series

David Schwimmer (Ross from friends) as Captain Sobel in Band of Brothers. 

A brilliant series but I couldn't take Schwimmer seriously in it

Unnamed_(1).jpg

Edited by Hansel

3 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Not a film but a series

Unnamed_(1).jpg

In a similar vein

i give you the hard drinking, hard smoking ex SAS embittered detective John rubus

🤦‍♂️

image.jpeg.cffb81ea47d643931f70cfc5c6e7844e.jpeg

Leslie Neilson as a business man who gets murdered by a prostitute when he tries to get too rough with her. It’s the infamous drama “ nuts “ and even more incredulous Babs plays the prostitute . Even more traumatising was seeing comedy legend Neilson in his y fronts 

IMG_6252.jpeg.717b6034e270186655422d73e6b32fa5.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Not a film but a series

Unnamed_(1).jpg

If he gets this then I want Dev in Corrie. 

56 minutes ago, Korky said:

Piers Brosnan in anything he’s in.

52 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I like him he is an edgy actor 

He was the best bond.

19 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Not a film but a series

Unnamed_(1).jpg

It was like they added a comedy role to the programme.

41 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Babs in “ Yentl “  . Playing a 16 years old boy and she was 40’at  the time . Film is still very good though 

IMG_6247.webp

Wasn't that the point of the story though ?   Exposing orthodox Jewish sexism ?

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

In the short story Yentl was meant to be a 16 years old girl who wanted to learn the Talmund but she was forbidden as she was a female so dragged herself up as a guy . The problem was Babs was 40 at time . However despite this it’s one of my favourite films . 

6 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Ps you can still be miscast in a film but still give a good performance 

21 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

In a similar vein

i give you the hard drinking, hard smoking ex SAS embittered detective John rubus

🤦‍♂️

image.jpeg.cffb81ea47d643931f70cfc5c6e7844e.jpeg

😀  Agreed !!   

Mind you, after getting a role in the  awful TV film The Love Bug about a VW Beetle, being miscast as  Rebus was probably a career saver for John Hannah.      There's only one Ken Stott though (good Jambo)   :flagwave:

12 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

In the short story Yentl was meant to be a 16 years old girl who wanted to learn the Talmund but she was forbidden as she was a female so dragged herself up as a guy . The problem was Babs was 40 at time . However despite this it’s one of my favourite films . 

Yes, she was plausible as a 16 yo boy, less so as a 16yo girl !!  😃

8 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Agreed.  She had great screen and stage presence, both as an actress and as a singer

rudi must stay

Arnold Schwarzenegger in Batman and Robin

By the way that film has some really cool sets

Edited by rudi must stay

12 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Yes, she was plausible as a 16 yo boy, less so as a 16yo girl !!  😃

Agreed.  She had great screen and stage presence, both as an actress and as a singer

Yes she is a terrific actress and well a great singer  . The film was very interesting about gender really . Prob a bit ahead of its time .  I’ve seen her in concert she looks stunning in real

life . I was very close to her and that voice 👍

henrysmithsgloves
23 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes she is a terrific actress and well a great singer  . The film was very interesting about gender really . Prob a bit ahead of its time .  I’ve seen her in concert she looks stunning in real

life . I was very close to her and that voice 👍

th-879992826.jpg

Are you having a yentil breakdown

luckyBatistuta
11 hours ago, the posh bit said:

Irvine Welsh in Trainspotting. 

And there was an equally shocking casting/performance in T2

Sean Connery as an English King

Sean Connery as a Russian Submarine Commander 

Edited by luckyBatistuta

luckyBatistuta
10 hours ago, Hansel said:

Not a film but a series

Unnamed_(1).jpg

I’m a big fan of Friends and also think BoB is one of the best series I’ve ever watched, but casting Schwimmer in that seemed completely wrong. Glad he wasn’t in it long, as he was spoiling it, just couldn’t take him seriously in the part.

Reading about pre-production and casting of well known films is really interesting in itself.  You get to see who was considered for and nearly cast into characters.

Thunderball was on the other night.  Luciana Paluzzi was considered for 'Domino',  the leading lady character.  She was originally going to be a character called Dominetta Palazzi,  an Italian.  But when Claudine Auger (French actress) was given the part,  the character's name was changed to Dominique Derval,  a Frenchwoman,  to match the actress playing her.  And oddly,  Claudine Auger's lines were later voiced over by another voice actress,  thereby negating the need to match the nationality of actress and character.  Luciana Paluzzi was cast in the role of the Spectre agent,  Fiona Volpe (Italian to match the nationality of the actress).  The character had originally to be Irish,  named Fiona Kelly.  All seems a bit convoluted.

jack D and coke

I hate anything when they get someone from somewhere they don’t have the accent. 
Charlie Hunnam in Green Street for example  pretending to be cockney, he sounded South African ffs and Martin Compston is another in Line of Duty. Soon as he opened his mouth and it’s all the apples and pears you slaaaag accent I switched it off. 
****ing awful. 

Burt Lancaster was almost cast into Juda Ben Hur.  Anyone else apart from Charlton Heston being Juda Ben Hur is inconceivable.  But Burt Lancaster would have seemed really odd.  It's fascinating to imagine.

Edited by Victorian

36 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I’m a big fan of Friends and also think BoB is one of the best series I’ve ever watched, but casting Schwimmer in that seemed completely wrong. Glad he wasn’t in it long, as he was spoiling it, just couldn’t take him seriously in the part.

Yeah, I too am a friends fan, and I couldn't shake the thought "why is Ross pretending to be a drill instructor"  😆 

When he got angry it was just funny because it made me think of "red Ross" in the friends episode when he's trying to play rugby 

Apart from that BoB was brilliant 

Edited by Hansel

luckyBatistuta
10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I hate anything when they get someone from somewhere they don’t have the accent. 
Charlie Hunnam in Green Street for example  pretending to be cockney, he sounded South African ffs and Martin Compston is another in Line of Duty. Soon as he opened his mouth and it’s all the apples and pears you slaaaag accent I switched it off. 
****ing awful. 

The definitely should have given you the part, way better than Compston sahn

Hunman👍🤣

jack D and coke
21 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

The definitely should have given you the part, way better than Compston sahn

Hunman👍🤣

😎

Whatever his name is :lol: brutal cockney accent. 

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

😎

Whatever his name is :lol: brutal cockney accent. 

I hadn’t even noticed you got his name wrong, it defo wasn’t a great accent :lol:

56 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Reading about pre-production and casting of well known films is really interesting in itself.  You get to see who was considered for and nearly cast into characters.

Thunderball was on the other night.  Luciana Paluzzi was considered for 'Domino',  the leading lady character.  She was originally going to be a character called Dominetta Palazzi,  an Italian.  But when Claudine Auger (French actress) was given the part,  the character's name was changed to Dominique Derval,  a Frenchwoman,  to match the actress playing her.  And oddly,  Claudine Auger's lines were later voiced over by another voice actress,  thereby negating the need to match the nationality of actress and character.  Luciana Paluzzi was cast in the role of the Spectre agent,  Fiona Volpe (Italian to match the nationality of the actress).  The character had originally to be Irish,  named Fiona Kelly.  All seems a bit convoluted.

Yes it is fascinating to find out who either had the part or was considered fit a part and didn’t make the film . I’ll need to rack my brain to think of a few examples . I think a few were considered for Hannibal lector in “ silence of the lambs “ before Sir Tony . I know that Bette davis replaced Claudette Colbert in “ all about eve “ and no one could ever imagine her not in this role . 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes it is fascinating to find out who either had the part or was considered fit a part and didn’t make the film . I’ll need to rack my brain to think of a few examples . I think a few were considered for Hannibal lector in “ silence of the lambs “ before Sir Tony . I know that Bette davis replaced Claudette Colbert in “ all about eve “ and no one could ever imagine her not in this role . 

Just checked Sean Connery ! Al Pacino and Robert de Niro !! Ffs “ I had a lovely chianti with a slice pizza Clarice “ 😂

Just checked Sean Connery ! Al Pacino and Robert de Niro !! Ffs “ I had a lovely chianti with a slice pizza Clarice “ 😂

A youngish Brian Cox played him in Manhunter,  an earlier adaptation on Red Dragon.  Better film imo.

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

A youngish Brian Cox played him in Manhunter,  an earlier adaptation on Red Dragon.  Better film imo.

Yes “ manhunter “ was superb. It was def better than red dragon . William Peterson was great as will Graham and Brian cox was great as lector . The music was stunning .