Hearts Fans

His name is

Take the second half out of it and had a great day. Good patter at Motherwell and taking my boy to Hampden for the first time.

Panned out exactly how I expected it to but until we get a few out and then bring in 3/4 genuine quality first team ready players that is always going to be the likely scenario.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ked

• briever

• Luckies1874

• rudi must stay

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Go for it 1308
9 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Half our support are over entitled wanks. Sad truth. 

9 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Half our support are over entitled wanks. Sad truth. 

I'm absolutely sick and fed up of winning trophies and titles. The novelty has truly worn off now. If that makes me self entitled then so be it.

Oh, I long for the days when we won the odd trophy every 10 -15 yrs ....at least then ,we could experience the joy of winning something.  

Now, I'm afraid,  we win too many  🏆 and we don't appreciate it

My mate insists he isn’t going back until changes are made at board and management level. I don’t blame him. I am not far from chucking it and fancy following rugby with less corruption and prims donnas. 

2 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

My mate insists he isn’t going back until changes are made at board and management level. I don’t blame him. I am not far from chucking it and fancy following rugby with less corruption and prims donnas. 

Holy shit. Big breaths. Rugby 🙄

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Heart Of Midlothian,  fcuk off hibernian we'll support you evermore!!

Things are not the way they should be just now and changes needed but fcuk me some of the stuff I've heard from some fellow jsmbos about not going back etc is way over the top , the one constant is us the support base

Most people are tied into FOH through love for the club and the sentimental tie of not wanting to stop the payments. 

Going back and watching not only the shite we serve up but also the level of shite, corrupt officiating we have to put up with is totally voluntary and is going to start affecting attendances. 

3 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

I mean, I don't think it'll ever get bad enough to force yourself into watching Rugby but each to their own.

1 minute ago, 151 said:

I mean, I don't think it'll ever get bad enough to force yourself into watching Rugby but each to their own.

It’s not a sport I watched up until a few years ago but I have defo got into it a bit more. I suppose the point I’m making is not about the rugby but about turning away from football. 

Just now, Valois No1 said:

It’s not a sport I watched up until a few years ago but I have defo got into it a bit more. I suppose the point I’m making is not about the rugby but about turning away from football. 

Fair enough mate, I get it. 

I'd honestly rather go and watch amatuer football than even the highest level of rugby. I love the NFL right enough but rugby isn't for me.

Nothing at all, I enjoy a Scotland match and a Guiness.

It's not the same as having our club ingrained in your soul though is it?

Keep the head up and chin out.

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

What’s wrong with rugby?

It's not bad, but Football is the Beautiful Game; rugby is aiming for a whole line as the target, the game isn't infinite in permutations like Football

It's fairly exciting, but I only would watch Scotland at Rugy Union, I'd probably never go to a match though

8 hours ago, frasermck11 said:

Absolute nonsense. 15,000 hearts fans went through today (our average home support not so long ago) and we should all be happy we got there? We’re a disgrace at this moment in time and much less talented Hearts teams have shown far more belief against the old firm. 

Shankland aside we’d have been as well not turning up and taking a 3-0 defeat. 

I was at Ibrox for the first game after admin where we thought we could take on the world. Stark contrast to the meek attitude of the club now. 

How come Shanks gets a pass?  He gave the ball away needlessy three times 40 yards out in the second half one of the times leading to their freekick goal.

I'm not blaming Shanks. but how come you're not?  How was he any less to blame than Vargas?  Or Kent or Rowles or Kingsley?  Or Cochrane?  Or maybe..... oooooooh just maybe could it be that Rangers have better players all over the pitch than us and until our goalie (our second choice goalie) made a bad decision, they hadn't bothered us at all cos our boys had done well, and I actually felt we might just nick this one....

Maybe?  Perhaps?

I knew I wasnt going to reply to ALL the silly threads today.  Cos then I'd be silly.  So happy I've chosen a positive one.  Trip to Hampden, surrounded by Jambos, friends, family, kids.  Taking on the bad guys and despite the fable, David doesn't often win.  If a Hearts supporter goes expecting us to beat Rangers or Celtic and get all in a rage when we don't, well that's their fault.

I sometimes wonder if its just on here or if it's a general thing, but I think its general actually.  There's a really shit attitude amongst Hearts fans these days.  I sat in section G against Rosenborg (not my usual spot) and the moaning and tears were unbelievable.  Such a large section of our support are just waiting to criticise and jump on the back of the club.  I really hate it.  Just get behind them.  If we want to do well, that extra percent we can add will only help.  Is that not better than taking away a percent by making it harder for our lads to play for us?

We should be ashamed to call ourselves Hearts fans, imagine wanting to win things ? Pfft, glory hunters ! Imagine wanting your team to win games or at least go down fighting? What a bunch of self entitled wanks we are, eh?

Many Hearts fans have supported this club through lean times, through some horrendous boards and football management, these Hearts fans feel we could and should at least worry the green or blue donkeys in this farcical football league, but no, we just bumble along with the other donkeys looking for the odd result.

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Heart Of Midlothian,  fcuk off hibernian we'll support you evermore!!

Things are not the way they should be just now and changes needed but fcuk me some of the stuff I've heard from some fellow jsmbos about not going back etc is way over the top , the one constant is us the support base

Well said 👏 👏 and FTH

Edited by Arry

Jean Louis Valois

Ready for a bashing here, But I didn't go yesterday. I could have, but didn't. In the past their is no way I'd have missed a Hearts game at Hampden. But with this squad of players you could almost write the script for yesterday, It's pretty depressing. I don't think we have bad players, but mentality wise they are up there with the covid demotion season squad. Something needs to change, whether that's getting a new manager in Sharpish or what I don't know. But the malaise from the fan base is pretty bad just now, that's not good for anyone.

Fozzyonthefence
15 minutes ago, 151 said:

Fair enough mate, I get it. 

I'd honestly rather go and watch amatuer football than even the highest level of rugby. I love the NFL right enough but rugby isn't for me.

I don’t know how anyone can watch NFL but each to their own!  Tried to watch it in the old Channel 4 days but just bored me to tears!  I’d rather watch Hibs!

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Ready for a bashing here, But I didn't go yesterday. I could have, but didn't. In the past their is no way I'd have missed a Hearts game at Hampden. But with this squad of players you could almost write the script for yesterday, It's pretty depressing. I don't think we have bad players, but mentality wise they are up there with the covid demotion season squad. Something needs to change, whether that's getting a new manager in Sharpish or what I don't know. But the malaise from the fan base is pretty bad just now, that's not good for anyone.

We do have bad players, too many of them but you’re right, mentality wise some seem to have problems.  We’re physically weak too, soft as shite.  Really not a good combination and I don’t think a new manager will sort them.  Maybe get a short new manager bounce before they retreat into their old bad habits, same as what happened since SN took over at end of last season.

I started a thread, tongue in cheek by the way, about getting rid of the coaching team way back and rightly got pelters. The thing is though I could not really be bothered that much about going to Hampden and getting turned over by either of the OF. It is water off a ducks back to me it has been going on for my entire 60 plus years of being a Hearts supporter. I also do not get the faction of our support who think we should be challenging the OF. This to me is delusional thinking, we are just not at their level and it would take a massive input of cash and all that goes with that money to compete with them. The very fact that on average the OF teams lose less than a handful of games per season between them is testament to the fact that it is not only a problem for us but all the other teams. NO, what grinds my cogs is at the moment we are not competeing with teams we should be doing so easily. We have appointed a manager who has not moved the product on the pitch forward at all. Al this crap about giving him time to build a team and create an identity is just that total crap. The previous manager got emptied because he did not get third... for the first time in his tenure at the club... and the board hand over the team to a complete novice and say there you go see what you can do. What happened here did fan expectations just get thrown out of the window? It was total madness! 

Go for it 1308
53 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

How come Shanks gets a pass?  He gave the ball away needlessy three times 40 yards out in the second half one of the times leading to their freekick goal.

I'm not blaming Shanks. but how come you're not?  How was he any less to blame than Vargas?  Or Kent or Rowles or Kingsley?  Or Cochrane?  Or maybe..... oooooooh just maybe could it be that Rangers have better players all over the pitch than us and until our goalie (our second choice goalie) made a bad decision, they hadn't bothered us at all cos our boys had done well, and I actually felt we might just nick this one....

Maybe?  Perhaps?

I knew I wasnt going to reply to ALL the silly threads today.  Cos then I'd be silly.  So happy I've chosen a positive one.  Trip to Hampden, surrounded by Jambos, friends, family, kids.  Taking on the bad guys and despite the fable, David doesn't often win.  If a Hearts supporter goes expecting us to beat Rangers or Celtic and get all in a rage when we don't, well that's their fault.

I sometimes wonder if its just on here or if it's a general thing, but I think its general actually.  There's a really shit attitude amongst Hearts fans these days.  I sat in section G against Rosenborg (not my usual spot) and the moaning and tears were unbelievable.  Such a large section of our support are just waiting to criticise and jump on the back of the club.  I really hate it.  Just get behind them.  If we want to do well, that extra percent we can add will only help.  Is that not better than taking away a percent by making it harder for our lads to play for us?

No offence   but its happy clappers like you that are holding this club back.

" a good day out surrounded by friends, family, kids and fellow jambos " ? 

You make it sound like back in the day when the Scottish football team were truly shite and that the tartan army only turned up to wear a kilt and go for a piss up ....because they knew they were going to get beat.

It's moany faced *******s like me that will perhaps make the board sit up and notice that we are not a happy lot the way things have been run by them on the footballing side. 

Ps. And they can ram their hotels and restaurants up their arse.....I want a ****ing football team

1 minute ago, Go for it 1308 said:

You make it sound like back in the day when the Scottish football team were truly shite and that the tartan army only turned up to wear a kilt and go for a piss up ....because they knew they were going to get beat.

It's moany faced *******s like me that will perhaps make the board sit up and notice that we are not a happy lot the way things have been run by them on the footballing side. 

Ps. And they can ram their hotels and restaurants up their arse.....I want a ****ing football team

Ah hotels and restaurants.  Yes happy clappers are holding the club back by doing silly things like supporting us having additional revenue streams while red faced morons squeal at misplaced passes and help us progress us to the next level.

Bang on chief.

It's about wanting the best, supporting the club to get there while knowing what we're up against.  If we get beaten by Motherwell next week I think Naisy may have to go.  I'll know the guy got my support but it didnt work.  He'll have gone on the back of his failure, not on anyone pissing their pants about a hotel.

But I simply refuse to lose my shit every time we lose the OF.  I can see with my own bloody eyes what's on the park.  The lads worked their tits off and came up short against a team who quite rightly and obviously have much higher quality all over the park.

I get that there is bubbling frustration due to our start to the season, I do.  I have it too.  But if we're going to turn a corner, we need to let them turn the corner.  Would have loved a statement win against the OF in the last 3 games, but we didn't get it.  We had a decent performance against Livi in amongst it and these are our more important games.  On to Motherwell, we either kick on, or we falter and there are decisions to be made.  Me mashing my keyboard with my forehead won't do any good either way

9 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

I got as far as 'happy clappers' before realising you weren't worth bothering about at all but did think your comment about you being the type of fan that the board sit up amd take notice of was worthy of a LOL 😊

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Maybe?  Perhaps?

All good points.

I am regularly right fed up with OF dominance and their whinging about lack of competition, despite doing nothing to rebalance Scottish football to make it more competitive. I sometimes, like yesterday, wonder why I bother supporting Hearts just after another OF defeat. And then remember that I AM a Hearts supporter. Er, that's it. Make the most of whatever comes along.

It’s pretty clear the current board take the support for granted. As long as we keep buying season tickets, merchandise, programmes, food and chucking our money into the Foundation, they’re not bothered about what the plebs think/want. 

We’re nothing more than customers. 

10 hours ago, frasermck11 said:

Absolute nonsense. 15,000 hearts fans went through today (our average home support not so long ago) and we should all be happy we got there? We’re a disgrace at this moment in time and much less talented Hearts teams have shown far more belief against the old firm. 

Shankland aside we’d have been as well not turning up and taking a 3-0 defeat. 

I was at Ibrox for the first game after admin where we thought we could take on the world. Stark contrast to the meek attitude of the club now. 

15000 for an away game is superb.

5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

15000 for an away game is superb.

15000 for yesterday's match was not too shabby at all. 

10 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Up until HT I was having a great day. Hospitality at Tynecastle was good, the buses the club laid on were superbly organised, and I thought our first half performance was ok. We weren't really looking like scoring but I didn't feel Rangers were either. 

Obviously the roof caved in after HT. A good number of people walked out when the second goal went in, I did not like that. I think it's crap. The game is still retrievable at that stage. When the third one went in the area around me really emptied out. I get it. It's frustrating and it's disappointing. But it's just not for me. I stayed till the end. 

I thought our support was really good pre match and in the first half. They got behind the team and were out singing the Rangers fans. 

I stayed until around the 4th minute into injury time then left. Massively frustrating day and I'm fed up watching us playing them at Hampden and not laying a glove on them. Will I be back next time? Of course I will its just what we do but I'm still trying to work out what our game plan was yesterday. Felt more and more as the game wore on we were just waiting for them to score. Its all fine margins, could have been different if Kent's header went in or Kingsley's shot. However looking at it on balance we never deserved anything and the score line was probably about right. At one point I thought it could get pretty messy. Its just massively frustrating watching them stroll it against us through there yet again. 

Shooter McGavin
9 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

It's been sh***e supporting hearts for nearly 10 years since we romped the championship imo. 

That's pretty much the entire budge era. 

Never ending conveyor belt of awful football, awful coaches, jokers and charlatans like savage and his pals, awful players. 

The club has been well run off the pitch obviously tbh even though I'm deffo not a fan of the office block style windows at the front of our stadium. 

That's just not true though, is it?

European trips to Switzerland, Latvia, Italy, Turkey, Norway and Greece, regularly getting trips to Hampden for finals and semi-finals, selling out season tickets, big away support, new main stand, continued dominance of Hibs, got our first 20 goal a season striker in 25 years.

Yesterdays game was a sore one, no getting away from that, but to suggest the past 10 years have been rubbish is pretty dramatic in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I stayed until around the 4th minute into injury time then left. Massively frustrating day and I'm fed up watching us playing them at Hampden and not laying a glove on them. Will I be back next time? Of course I will its just what we do but I'm still trying to work out what our game plan was yesterday. Felt more and more as the game wore on we were just waiting for them to score. Its all fine margins, could have been different if Kent's header went in or Kingsley's shot. However looking at it on balance we never deserved anything and the score line was probably about right. At one point I thought it could get pretty messy. Its just massively frustrating watching them stroll it against us through there yet again. 

Its the way we lose goals, that penalty we gave away was a farce, for pro players we make a lot of

terrible mistakes at the back.😟.

2 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Its the way we lose goals, that penalty we gave away was a farce, for pro players we make a lot of

terrible mistakes at the back.😟.

Absolutely. We have conceded 5 goals to Rangers in the last week and the majority of them are from mistakes. 

RustyRightPeg

All I read is deserve deserve deserve. We deserve better etc.

Deserve nothing. Earn it. 

Not happy with those in charge? Protest. 

Sitting on Twitter posting photos of a banner and sitting on here saying what should and shouldn’t be done. Does nothing. Actions. 

Leveins Battalion
10 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Sitting on Twitter posting photos of a banner and sitting on here saying what should and shouldn’t be done. Does nothing. Actions. 

100%

The Board are happy to sit back and watch this shit show like they did previously, only when the heat gets turned on them will any action take place.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
20 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

European trips to Switzerland, Latvia, Italy, Turkey, Norway and Greece, regularly getting trips to Hampden for finals and semi-finals, selling out season tickets, big away support, new main stand, continued dominance of Hibs, got our first 20 goal a season striker in 25 years.

Yesterdays game was a sore one, no getting away from that, but to suggest the past 10 years have been rubbish is pretty dramatic in my opinion.

I disagree. We got embarrassed by fiorentina and overall that euro campaign may have been a fun trip but was crap football wise. 

Serial losing semi finals and finals isn't my idea of fun pal. 

It's been a relatively crap time to support the famous tbh and the quality of football played has been consistently awful for nearly 10 years now 

Ah well onwards and upwards. 

10 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Are the entitled allowed to protest? 

Percival King
1 minute ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

I disagree. We got embarrassed by fiorentina and overall that euro campaign may have been a fun trip but was crap football wise. 

It's been a relatively crap time to support the famous tbh and the quality of football played has been consistently awful for nearly 10 years now 

Has there been a time in the past half century when we we weren't serial losers of semis and finals? Maybe late 70s to early 80s but that was only because we were too bad to even get to a semi. As disappointing as yesterday was, losing semis to ICT, Motherwell, Airdrie, St.Mirren eclipses defeats against the uglies in Glasgow.

Ronald Villiers
2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I don’t know how anyone can watch NFL but each to their own!  Tried to watch it in the old Channel 4 days but just bored me to tears!  I’d rather watch Hibs!

I'm the same.  Been to a couple of games when I was on holiday.  Decent atmosphere but didn't understand a lot of it.  Players celebrating after running a few metres by jumping into each other and clashing heads.  Then the big measuring tape gets brought oot.  It's no for me.  Good beer and hotdogs though.

Shooter McGavin
18 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Miserable git 😂

If you don’t enjoy getting on a plane with your mates, travelling through Europe, getting pished for a few days in the sun with fellow Hearts fans, or the early mornings getting bevvied on the way through to Hampden, with that excitement and hope that this is going to be a day you’ll remember for years to come, then you’re better off supporting Celtic and Rangers, or taking up a new hobby mate, cause Hearts will never bring you happiness and you’ll save yourself a lot of grief!

Spot on at the end though, onwards and upwards!

Well done to our wonderful players for the achievement of getting to Hampden. Coming through those *checks notes* TWO GAMES is a true feat of grit and determination. 

22 minutes ago, Percival King said:

Has there been a time in the past half century when we we weren't serial losers of semis and finals? Maybe late 70s to early 80s but that was only because we were too bad to even get to a semi. As disappointing as yesterday was, losing semis to ICT, Motherwell, Airdrie, St.Mirren eclipses defeats against the uglies in Glasgow.

We’ve beaten Hibs (4 times) at Hampden more than everyone else combined (3 times - Gretna, Celtic and ICT) over the last 20 years! 

As far as the League Cup goes, out with beating Queens Park in a 2nd round match we’ve not won a game at Hampden, quite incredibly, since lifting the trophy over 60 years ago!!! 

Edited by Luckies1874

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

Aye. Can't disagree with any of that mate. I also thought there was a moment in the second half where it might get really ugly if Rangers wanted to force the issue. Five or six seemed possible. 

The most disappointing aspect is our lack of creativity going forward. That Rangers defence isn't good and we essentially didn't trouble them at all. It was in some ways reminiscent of the cup final a couple of years ago. 

6 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Aye. Can't disagree with any of that mate. I also thought there was a moment in the second half where it might get really ugly if Rangers wanted to force the issue. Five or six seemed possible. 

The most disappointing aspect is our lack of creativity going forward. That Rangers defence isn't good and we essentially didn't trouble them at all. It was in some ways reminiscent of the cup final a couple of years ago. 

Yeah we've all seen the script many times before. I thought we were in it at half time as sometimes you just need to get in and re-group and still be in the game. We did that with the first 45 but a combination of mistakes and then capitulating in a 15 minute spell finished the game for us. I wasn't confident before the game but at half time I thought if we got to around 65/70 still level and made the right subs we would have a chance of nicking a goal. Never worked out like that obviously and it won't be the last time a game against the OF plays out like yesterday. You are right though, no creative spark anywhere in that team yesterday, not even sure having the likes of McKay available would have made much difference. We are really short in right back and centre midfield having a player that can dictate the game, been like that for years. 

RustyRightPeg
46 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Are the entitled allowed to protest? 

Entitled to do whatever you want, but I stand by what I said. 

We are on manager, what 3/4 of this regime, and how many times have our board been proactive to act before things spiral out of control? 0. 

So far, under their watch we have allowed a DOF to conduct a search for a manager, and come to the conclusion he was the right man for the job.

Appointed Cathro & Stendel. Appointing Stendel knowing there was issues with his back room staff, and making him essentially work alone for 2 months. 

Having so much blind faith in Neilson that is cost us 3rd place. 

Again, conducting a “thorough” search for a manager and landing on an unqualified candidate. 

If we as fans, and in some people’s delusional cases “part owners” don’t pile the pressure on them physically with in person protests and loud actions, then nothing will be done. Surely folk can see this by now? 

Those same entitled fans screw their noses up at the likes of Robinson and McInnes when in reality they are exactly what we need. 

Embarrassing. 

13 hours ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

I thought that this thread was going to be about the embarrassing brawl that took place in section G after the third goal went in.   Folk rolling about fighting in the aisles. Disgraceful scenes 

Agree 

All because of a drunken idiot who could hardly stand on his own two feet. If his so called pals had kept him in their row, he would have been out of any danger to anyone or himself, but they let him out into the aisle and he started falling into folk leaving after the third goal.  He got angry with it and it was no wonder departing fans got pissed off.  It was further escalated when his pals then started all the billy big baws talk.

felt sorry for the drunken idiots girl, she tried to keep him safe but he was just an arsehole who wanted to take on the world.  

I would be surprised if he got out of Glasgow last night

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good seethe. 
We are getting to Hampden more. We have had more European trips. 
The gulf between us and Rangers and Celtic is widening tho. We haven’t financially broken away from Hibs and Aberdeen (yet - and never will if some have their way and abandon money making projects and pile it all on the playing squad until the dosh runs out). 
We are doing comparatively well for our resources in the “footballing dept” but need some time to push on. Ripping it up and starting again might work but it’s a risk it knocks us back when we need to be pushing forward.  Naismith has not had long enough to drive it forward and I think we are lost if we think results against old firm are the measure. Recent (and hopefully next couple of weeks) form against others is improving. But needs to continue. 
Any manager needs a couple of transfer windows minimum to prove his capabilities, or not. 

12 hours ago, Ked said:

Away and don't post shite ffs.

How is any Hearts supporter entitled .

What a stupid stupid post.

Entitled to what ?

Like we've been served well by our team or scottish football. 

Get a grip .

If Hearts fans were entitled to something he’d have specified what. e.g

”Hearts fans are entitled to expect fair decisions from the referee”

”Hearts fans are entitled because they now act like cry babies when they lose to Rangers at Hampden, a club they have never beat at Hampden. Some of the man babies were 40 before they seen their team win a trophy, and I suppose their sense of entitlement is most bizarre”

Hope this helps 👍

Going by this thread it seems obvious half the posters didn't go to semis v St Mirren and Airdrie. Not sure if I should include celtic in 1988 too. But the 2 former were a fecking nightmare. 

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Well done to our wonderful players for the achievement of getting to Hampden. Coming through those *checks notes* TWO GAMES is a true feat of grit and determination. 

It truly has been a remarkable run, the win against kilmarnock will go down in history.  

Suppose if it wasnt for a rangers player we wouldn’t have made it to the semi final, so we should be thankful to them.