Fitness levels

Ked

Gorgie Garcon

I have work in this field and they are well off it fitness wise. From a Strength and Conditioning standpoint they look out of shape, sluggish and also extremely slow, have done for as long as I can remember - this also ties in to all the injuries that continue to re-occur.

I think they train and go home. They do not recover properly, their nutrition is probably poor and looks like none of them spend any time in the gym unless probably told to do so. This may be at the request of the Sport Science team, but players need to be accountable for their choices away from Tynie or the training ground.

Warm ups are frankly horrific every week, even in that they can't string 3 passes together.

Only team that has an international break and looks more un-fit that when they went away.. with hardly anyone on international duty.

Standards continue to drop. We look slow, soft and no physical presence about us. Everything that is needed in football just now, we lack.

I actually thought Cochrane put in a few decent long throws on Sunday, one of few things he did well tho wasn't supported by Grant. Agree tho our movement at shy's is shocking. Noone wants the ball, even pass back to thrower ain't too feet. As to general fitness levels jeez we are a disgrace. Even Rangers manager called this out. This is simple to remedy tho hard graft through extra sessions. Another symptom of the general malaise at Hearts.

Ricardo Quaresma
On 05/11/2023 at 22:58, Spellczech said:

Generally speaking, the squad are none of fast, strong, good in the air, hard-working, proud... This is a big problem for playing in the SPL. 

It just doesn't seem like a squad that is the image of Naismith as he was as a player...

I don't know what the problem is, but I'd like to see us punt McAvoy etc and have Naismith bring in a different bunch to support him. I hear them saying that they all work well together...but I cannot believe this is the truth given what we are seeing on the pitch. All that role-reversal stuff just doesn't sit right.

There's definitely something in that

I would like to see Webster help out with FM back to youth, however he nay not be interested for various reasons and if he's been sounded out for that already then it's been a 'no'

Ricardo Quaresma
On 07/11/2023 at 10:54, Famous 1874 said:

Generally don’t think fitness has been a visible issue, potentially because our build up play is slow, we don’t press and don’t put any balls in behind

Plus we tend to have the ball a lot in most games so again unsure as to how good / bad it is. Rangers gave us the round around on Sunday and tired us out. 

Biggest issue is technical ability. Hardly anyone can zip a pass first time, or touch and pass. 

It’s constantly touch touch touch touch and then pass. Nobody scanning around. 

Maybe that's why we didn't press against rangers enough, because of fitness levels not being where they should at this point of the season and this also being one of the reasons why we play the way we do against non-OF teams

But we do have to press against OF or they'll run through us; not constantly though, because they'll take the p155 if we constantly press too, press when it's on, when it's the smart thing to do

Bit like the 'invincibles' humping

Ricardo Quaresma
On 07/11/2023 at 16:05, Rick Sanchez said:

Said it the other day, I would take the fitness coach from Livingston. He had them doing a proper warm up before the game. Proper drills that were no doubt working all the muscles. Proper conditioning.

I'm basing this from my extensive knowledge of being a fat ***** mind you.

But seriously, how long have we had the same pre match routine? Couple of wee jogs, couple of wee stretches, some piggy in the middle and a couple of shots and crosses?

Sounds like a good plan but maybe get our fitness people to do the same

First post and new to JBK. A friend said I should join as would love the chat. Spend a lot of time at Oriam. One of the noticeable things throughout the summer was what I can only described as optional First Team Training sessions. I know it sounds crazy and ridiculous, but standing as I was with others, time and time again 3/4 of First Team would be off, leaving the foreign lads, Alan Forrest and Jorge Grant, Tait and Wilson training. Lewis Neilson also trained, and one of the guys asked Lewis what was going on? Most of the first team live in Glasgow and go home as early as they can. I am sure this talked about before but optional training is a concept that seems wrong in so many ways, unless players injured or played a lot of minutes. But this was pre season!!

On 07/11/2023 at 12:17, Marvin said:

The most unfit team in the league. Remember Stendel complained about how unfit the squad was when he took over. Need to get them down to the sand dunes at Gullane. The squad have had it too easy for too long.

Gullane sand dunes would kill our squad.  They are more suited to the soft-play area at the Commie Pool.

7 minutes ago, FIGJAM said:

First post and new to JBK. A friend said I should join as would love the chat. Spend a lot of time at Oriam. One of the noticeable things throughout the summer was what I can only described as optional First Team Training sessions. I know it sounds crazy and ridiculous, but standing as I was with others, time and time again 3/4 of First Team would be off, leaving the foreign lads, Alan Forrest and Jorge Grant, Tait and Wilson training. Lewis Neilson also trained, and one of the guys asked Lewis what was going on? Most of the first team live in Glasgow and go home as early as they can. I am sure this talked about before but optional training is a concept that seems wrong in so many ways, unless players injured or played a lot of minutes. But this was pre season!!

Thanks for that.  Doesn't surprise me that this sort of poor, unprofessional behaviour is apparently going on.

We need a clear of out of DOF, Coaches and most of the playing squad.

On 05/11/2023 at 19:32, mellors1874 said:

Our players are soft as shite and never look fit.

That lurch looking arse with the beard can **** off also as he's shite at his job as well.

Deary me, what a shallow thing to say, what do you know about Mikey ? 

With comments like that why don't you **** Off and support someone else. 

33 minutes ago, FIGJAM said:

"Optional" .

Did you attend the days when the full squad were there doing Pre Season sessions from start to finish or were you selective in your decisions to attend. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Do we have any data. Easy one to resolve this with data. Stats used to flash up on the screen in CL matches I think, with metres run. Would have thought that would be tracked.

7 minutes ago, dannymack said:

"Optional" .

Did you attend the days when the full squad were there doing Pre Season sessions from start to finish or were you selective in your decisions to attend. 

Morning sessions were compulsory, afternoon were often optional. Staying for lunch was never compulsory before this year. New chef and catering option for all Pros (18s, B and First Team) introduced since July. Only now must everyone must stay for lunch, which has not gone down well with the Glasgow players. Ask any of the u16 academy parents and they will all say the same. We saw it week in week out until boys and girls went back to school.

1 hour ago, dannymack said:

Deary me, what a shallow thing to say, what do you know about Mikey ? 

With comments like that why don't you **** Off and support someone else. 

Our players are injured when a tackle goes in that other players get up from.

Why don't u make me ya 🤡.

1 hour ago, mellors1874 said:

Our players are injured when a tackle goes in that other players get up from.

Why don't u make me ya 🤡.

Deary me... I'll get Mikey to smash you in the School playground. 

7 hours ago, FIGJAM said:

Sounds like Working From Home... dear God...

70% of our players look like they're wading through mud. Their movement and athleticism is more comparable with players from the 1st division, after a night on the tiles. So slow, it's quite embarrassing to witness. 

On 05/11/2023 at 19:32, mellors1874 said:

Our players are soft as shite and never look fit.

That lurch looking arse with the beard can **** off also as he's shite at his job as well.

Big Bearded one is Mikey Williams brought in by Levein in 2019. Get rid as we are so excited fit.

Edited by spirt of 98

Worse pre season we could've hoped for. Only 2 competitive games 

Edited by Buster HMFC

I am also concerned with our general fitness. I challenged Naismith about this a couple of months back and he denied that this was the case, with a couple of notable exceptions that remained unnamed.

colinmorewasgash

Didnt Robbie say he did away with the 3 times a day sessions cause it was now an older squad than his first time as manager. 

Fitness has been crap for years other team always look sharper and fitter no wonder we get so many muscle and hamstring injuries seems strange considering naisy played in epl where fitness and conditioning is paramount. Mind you as player with us he was allowed to train at killie or at home under levein and get impression what has been implied who knows if true he is dying to get back to west and doesn't stick around to long after training.