Delusional!

iainmac

Mental levels of delusion. Excluding OF then you hardly have a Hibs player in their own team if it was combined 😂

Better goalies than Marshall - Clark, Gordon, Mitov, Kelly, Dennis, Roos, Carson, Laidlaw and Hemming. Probably plus a few others. He’s statistically the worst in the league. 

Miller gets replaced by Strain and Atkinson (when fit)

Fish and Bushiri get replaced by - Kent, Rowles, any of Killie’s 4, probably some others. 

Obita - would be 3rd choice at us for a start behind Cochrane and Kingsley. 

Boyle remains.

Levitt gets shifted immediately. I think Newell is actually an alright player but if you’re wanting a left footed centre mid then you put Shinnie in for him still. Beni, Devlin, Nieuwenhof all better than Levitt. As are Clarkson, Spittal and O’Hara. Probably others. 

Yoan also stays based on available wingers. Barrie McKay is better though. A general lack of quality with wide options in the league. 

Shankland and Miovski are also 2 better number 9’s than Vente or ‘ALF’. There’s an argument for Vassell or Biereth too. 

So yeah looks like they have about 2 players max when you account for everyone bar the OF. 1 when McKay comes back. 

Absolute Scenes

It’s a real illness over in Leith. To force yourself to believe that Joe Newell is in the best midfield outside of the OF is really worrying

Its an interesting idea - to build the best non-OF team, I think I'd go for:

Gordon

Cadden Halkett Kent Rowles Cochrane

O'Hara Devlin Shinnie

Shankland Boyle

Think players like Danny Armstrong, Duk, Atkinson, Beni, Youan are all decent shouts to, and depending on the formation, I'd concede any of the above could be dropped. 

Its interesting its largely a Scottish core too - Gordon, Cadden, Halkett, O'Hara, Shinnie, Shanks & Boyle. Maybe says something about a greater need to look at the domestic market in our recruitment. 

AussieObserver

ALF absolutely stunk the A-League for most of last season. I wouldn't have him anywhere near a "best of the rest" XI in the SPL. And that's without really having a solid knowledge of Scottish football in 2023.

11 hours ago, OTT said:

Its an interesting idea - to build the best non-OF team, I think I'd go for:

Gordon

Cadden Halkett Kent Rowles Cochrane

O'Hara Devlin Shinnie

Shankland Boyle

Think players like Danny Armstrong, Duk, Atkinson, Beni, Youan are all decent shouts to, and depending on the formation, I'd concede any of the above could be dropped. 

Its interesting its largely a Scottish core too - Gordon, Cadden, Halkett, O'Hara, Shinnie, Shanks & Boyle. Maybe says something about a greater need to look at the domestic market in our recruitment. 

Devlin can't even get in a shite Hearts midfield mate!  He is an incredibly limited footballer and even Naismith has come to that conclusion. 

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

If this the place for all things delusional, how about Josh Campbell for Scotland !!! https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/josh-campbell-hibs-scotland-hype-28191051

They must be smoking some serious **** down a the cowshed.

I predicted about a week or so ago on here that Campbell was the next one down Leith to get the price tags attached and boxed up as for sale.  He scored a goal, so he's the best young midfielder in Scotland.  He'll have a "list of suitors down south" soon and Hibs will "have a value that needs met".

But like many who get this treatment at Hibs, he's pish.  A thug who in derbies alone should have had 3/4 red cards but hasn't (our players would have btw).  And I see no football in him.

6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I predicted about a week or so ago on here that Campbell was the next one down Leith to get the price tags attached and boxed up as for sale.  He scored a goal, so he's the best young midfielder in Scotland.  He'll have a "list of suitors down south" soon and Hibs will "have a value that needs met".

But like many who get this treatment at Hibs, he's pish.  A thug who in derbies alone should have had 3/4 red cards but hasn't (our players would have btw).  And I see no football in him.

Yip you did indeed 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Interesting concept

Gordon; Strain, Kent, Halkett, Kingsley; Baningime, Cameron, Oda, McKay; Shankland, Miovski

4-4-2 old fashioned right at them. Considered Boyle, but Oda running at people genuinely excites me. Struggled to find better players, real pity the Cameron talk stopped and he signed again for Dundee, he will go for a price.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Looks like we’ve some equally delusional fans :rofl:

Whats your team Liam? When you are trying to find genuinely consistent and better players, ones who would make a difference, not very easy, when you say, do I want him over him.  

Give it a go, and post back

1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Whats your team Liam? When you are trying to find genuinely consistent and better players, ones who would make a difference, not very easy, when you say, do I want him over him.  

Give it a go, and post back

Every teams fans are going to favour their own players.

Oda and Devlin, can’t even get starts for one of the dullest Hearts side in memory but get in a non OF select.

Rowles is another, this place wanted him gone just a few weeks ago :lol:

I read this:

".........The biggest issue is when we have 1 or 2 unavailable"

and my immediate thought was - christ! how would they cope like us if they were missing a spine of a team : Gordon, Atkinson, Halkett, Beni, McKay & Boyce. 

then when you throw in smaller periods of absence for minor injuries (Oda, Tagawa, Hoff) - plus suspensions for ridiculous reds (Cochrane)....

they'd be absolutely screwed. Makes you think we've managed through our availability headaches really well.

They're right about Shankland. Finally admitting he's better. 

Right about Marshall. He is dugmeat and an absolute liability.

Right about Shinnie. He might run about greeting to the ref and throwing himself on the ground most of the game, but clearly it works for him and he's also a leader - something they are severely lacking. He rallied the troops and drove Aberdeen to their win at Hampden, so aye - he walks into their team as well. ****ing Andy Halliday walks into their team for much the same reason. Grit, determination, leadership.

They're not playing the right shape for me though and are failing to utilise Boyle and Youan correctly.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Every teams fans are going to favour their own players.

Oda and Devlin, can’t even get starts for one of the dullest Hearts side in memory but get in a non OF select.

Rowles is another, this place wanted him gone just a few weeks ago :lol:

Oda was coming back from some illness and injury, he didn't start at the weekend as he had just come back from a double header for the U23s. I think its entirely wrong to say he can't get a game, he is being managed properly, because he will be a very important part of what we do through the season. Big December coming up.

Must admit I wasn't pick on basis of non OF select, but players who would improve us right away. Its worth having a crack though, genuinely difficult to find players that strike out as being better or coveted.

Joe Newell is one of the main reasons that lot have gone through so many managers in recent years imo. He must show stuff in training but when it comes to an actual game he normally provides very little. More interested in his hair. 

Their fans seem to hate him then love him and will go through both feelings multiple times a season. 

He's pish. 

3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Joe Newell is one of the main reasons that lot have gone through so many managers in recent years imo. He must show stuff in training but when it comes to an actual game he normally provides very little. More interested in his hair. 

Their fans seem to hate him then love him and will go through both feelings multiple times a season. 

He's pish. 

Joe Newell and Josh Campbell are two mutants that I'd be happy to see the subject of an atrocious challenge. There's something grotesque about the pair of them. 

Both see themselves as hard cases. Couple of fuds. 

17 minutes ago, indianajones said:

He's pish. 

Can you imagine Josh Campbell playing at the Euros ? Frightening levels of delusion from them 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Can you imagine Josh Campbell playing at the Euros ? Frightening levels of delusion from them 

Eurovision, yes

On 05/11/2023 at 23:41, Luckies1874 said:

Devlin can't even get in a shite Hearts midfield mate!  He is an incredibly limited footballer and even Naismith has come to that conclusion. 

Watch his goal against Rosenburg again. The skill before it too. He's not limited but Naismith prefers to play just one holding. He prefers Beni. The other person in midfield, Hoff, Grant is usually someone who can get forward a bit more often and shoot. 

37 minutes ago, indianajones said:

He's pish. 

He's marmite even with the Hibs fans I know. Some love him some can't stand him. He wouldn't get into the league select team I don't think. Not a terrible player but there's a fair few who are better 

12 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

The glue is strong down leith way..

If that's the case ? Why aren't they clear in 3rd motoring away from the rest of us?

The glue in Leith is made from spare bits of Hanlon and Stevenson

14 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

The glue is strong down leith way..

If that's the case ? Why aren't they clear in 3rd motoring away from the rest of us?

You could say the same for us with so many players from our team our support select.   All three of the non-old firm superior sides have players that would form the select, being non-biased i would say we would have more though if fit and in form on their day.  

Without naming a team position by position, I’d say from those currently fit, 2 Hearts players Kent & Shankland would be automatic and 1 Hibs player (Doyle)

I think Oda and Rowles have good claims as does Newell and Youan.

Aberdeen have some decent players I like. Miovski McGrath Roos.

I like Dhanda at RC.Cameron at Dundee and a couple of St Mirren players. 

There isn’t a single team dominating the rest so you’d expect a select team to come from quite a few clubs and you can argue all day about who’s in and who’s out

Newell is a ****y who thinks he’s a good player.  Dirty b**tard when the going gets tough and tries World Cup passes that never come off.

aye, he’s not my favourite vermin at the moment 😁

gordon simpson
5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Short memories among some Hearts supporter . Seems like every good player who gets injured suddenly turns crap 

not short memories ,just know sweet F all about football