“…you need to respect the opposition”

Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

Naismith in his pre match interview said “you need to respect the opposition” you actually don’t.
Why do you need to respect them? Especially a vile institution like those ***** today. 
I my opinion you should never respect your opposition, either individually, or, as a team.
As an individual you should want to batter your opponent into submission, belittle them, you should want to win every battle and disrespect the man you are up against as much and as brutally as you can.
As a team you should collectively want to ram it right ****ing up them with no respect shown whatsoever.
The only respect you should show is to the supporters, us, the Hearts fans who support you through thick and thin.
Respecting the opposition and their fans can **** right off. 
Show us the respect we are due for enduring some of the gutless performances you have put in, of which today was one.
Fight, desire, urgency, is what you need to ****ing show and not the opposition some level of respect.

Hard to disagree with any of that. 

I'd massively prefer it if our players didn't shake their hands or act like they're all pals on the pitch either. **** that. 

Respect no but you have to match, or exceed, their desire and work rate. We were miles behind on both today, absolutely shocking display. Watching our manager’s post match interview, he’s a rabbit in the headlights. Way out his depth I’m afraid.