Turkey Holidays

Do The Dance

Thinking about next year, maybe about this time of year.

Any recommendations for an all inclusive that would be decent for 10 year olds as well as us adults? Especially hotels with decent family rooms.

28 minutes ago, Do The Dance said:

Thinking about next year, maybe about this time of year.

Any recommendations for an all inclusive that would be decent for 10 year olds as well as us adults? Especially hotels with decent family rooms.

Lara Beach, 15 mins or so from the airport, loads of choices for hotels. Delphin hotels are decent and fairly reasonable, Imperial or Be Grand are best, Diva is smaller and slightly cheaper. All 3 are very similar in terms of facilities,5/6 restaurants, water parks, funfairs, cinema, piers, private beach etc. Duplex rooms are great for a bit of night time privacy 😋

I wouldn’t go much later than this though as it is near the end of the season and many places will be closing down. Pools and evenings can be a little too cool. 

Just back from belek ,Aydinbey queens palace hotel all inclusive.amazing and only a ten minute walk to land of ledgends .check it out .

Doctor FinnBarr

Avoid anywhere in the Marmaris/Dalaman area. Nice during the day but bloody cold at night. Temps take a nose dive around the end of Sept.

Depends what you want. Lara Beach has some fantastic resort hotels but nothing really outside if you like wandering. Marmaris area is much busier outside the hotels. Most decent hotels have water slides and kids clubs and the ones on the beach mostly have private beach areas to use.

We go to Side in turkey. Beautiful area and plenty of hotels to choose from. We’ve been to ‘Pegasus world’ when the kids were younger and it was great (6 years ago mind) and laterally went to ‘Otium family eco club’ which is also fantastic. Very reasonable price wise but usually booked up quickly

Edited by 1971fozzy

The_razors_edge

I’m heading to Belek on Thursday with the wife and kids (13, 10 and 7). First time going to Turkey. Staying at the Crystal Paraiso Verde. Will provide a report back

Samuel Camazzola

The Antalya area has great weather at this time of year which stretches into December. January and February is pleasant too with more and more places remaining open all year round. 

Belek is a place to start your search on. 👍 

We stayed Lara park in Antalya was good kids loved it. We went in June and was still touching 40 which was roasting. It has a cinema in it so basically I took the girls there in the afternoon when sun was at its highest temp for 2 hours. Was a new film every day. Me the wife and 5yr and 2yr old. Everyone loved it. 15 min transfer from airport which is brilliant. 2 min walk to Lara parks own beach. Where they have another all inclusive bar and food on beach

Only downside was when leaving the resort at night to go to some of the shops the amount of people asking for money was annoying. 

Reality is, you really can't go wrong with most hotels/resorts.

Based on my experience...

Antalya area - best for short transfers but generally pricier particularly Lara Beach but better deals out in the Side area.

Bodrum area - longer transfers (around 1.5 hours) but generally cheaper. Can be pretty windy being in the east and winds coming off the Med.

Dalaman area - longest transfers (around 2 hours) but generally cheaper. Marginally higher chance of rain than Bodrum.

You can alleviate the transfer times a little by going private, Jet2 offer express transfers for some hotels so worth keeping an eye on that.

20 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Just back from a week at the Aquasis Deluxe in Didim with a 9 year old, was tremendous. 

I’m still here, fly home Friday after 2 weeks, i echo your thoughts 

Edited by toonland
Error

31 minutes ago, toonland said:

I’m still here, fly home Friday after 2 weeks, i echo your thoughts 

My only negative was the dinner buffet, but repetitive and thought they could have done more with their theme nights. But there was always something for us. 

Tbf could probably say that about most hotels.

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Reality is, you really can't go wrong with most hotels/resorts.

Based on my experience...

Antalya area - best for short transfers but generally pricier particularly Lara Beach but better deals out in the Side area.

Bodrum area - longer transfers (around 1.5 hours) but generally cheaper. Can be pretty windy being in the east and winds coming off the Med.

Dalaman area - longest transfers (around 2 hours) but generally cheaper. Marginally higher chance of rain than Bodrum.

You can alleviate the transfer times a little by going private, Jet2 offer express transfers for some hotels so worth keeping an eye on that.

Bodrum is only 20 miles from the airport. Marmaris is 60 miles

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Bodrum is only 20 miles from the airport. Marmaris is 60 miles

"Based on my experience"

It's a 2 hour bus transfer from Dalaman airport to Marmaris, it stops half way there at a market.

Bodrum airport was 1.5 hours to Altinkum.

Obviously there are other resorts in and around Bodrum, but I wasn't at them.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

Been to Side and Hisaranou / Fetiye. 

Side had by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in / probably will ever stay in. The Voyage hotel was utterly superb. The all inclusive drinks were brand names (absolut vodka, although bunged the guy a few lira for the Grey Goose drinks) and the restaurants were superb!  Only wished I had booked 2 weeks so I could sample the tepenyaki restaurant again

30 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

"Based on my experience"

It's a 2 hour bus transfer from Dalaman airport to Marmaris, it stops half way there at a market.

The stops at the market are a pain. I've just got private transfers the last few years

Doctor FinnBarr
5 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

"Based on my experience"

Before lockdown and us starting to go to Tenerife we always got a private transfer to Icmeler from Dalaman. Well worth it to avoid the bus tour of Marmaris and hearing folk say "ooo, they've a MacDonalds here".