Rudi

iantjambo

The impact he had in 2 short spells was incredible. Double Scottish cup winner. Nearly hit 50 goals from midfield (anybody know how many assists?) A club legend who HATES the hibs, kissed the badge and told them to bolt his first goal against them and scored 2 in the final 😂 Best way to describe rudi for me is one of a kind. 

5 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

The impact he had in 2 short spells was incredible. Double Scottish cup winner. Nearly hit 50 goals from midfield (anybody know how many assists?) A club legend who HATES the hibs, kissed the badge and told them to bolt his first goal against them and scored 2 in the final 😂 Best way to describe rudi for me is one of a kind. 

107 games, 48 goals, 18 assists, scored two hat-tricks for us both v st mirren and in a 4-1 win v hibs scored once and got 3 assists

7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

107 games, 48 goals, 18 assists, scored two hat-tricks for us both v st mirren and in a 4-1 win v hibs scored once and got 3 assists

Cheers bud. Involved in 66 goals from 107 games. 

Could someone tag Ian black? (I dunno how to do it) to ask him his thoughts on rudi? Probably answered it a million times but surely the only one on here who’s trained and played beside him 

Edited by KG1874

25 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

hearts legend.... rudolph skacel 🇱🇻

Don’t forget he helped us get rid of Cathro too with a cracking goal up at Raith 😉 full time legend. 

Deserves a statue beside Robbo 

30 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Don’t forget he helped us get rid of Cathro too with a cracking goal up at Raith 😉 full time legend. 

I don't remember that? 🤔

13 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

I don't remember that? 🤔

He scored a worldie for Raith against us in the Cup. Sent Cathro into a flat spin with the “it’s ok” interview. Another nail in the Cathro coffin thanks to Rudi

been here before
45 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

The one Declan McManus scored with a header in the cup game?

29 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Special special plsyer and lovely hunan being who always had time for the fans 

Couldn’t agree more

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Jamie Walker mate.

Rudi equalised in 89th min

been here before
Just now, ShedBoy said:

Jamie Walker mate.

Rudi equalised in 89th min

Walker scored for Hearts.

McManus scored for Raith. Skacel toik a shot from around the edge of the box, Hamilton probably had it covered but McManus got his head to it diverting it passed Hamilton.

5 hours ago, KG1874 said:

Assists? 

Why would anyone want him to give the ball to somebody else?

38 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

He scored a worldie for Raith against us in the Cup. Sent Cathro into a flat spin with the “it’s ok” interview. Another nail in the Cathro coffin thanks to Rudi

He didn't score against us? 

Go for it 1308
Just now, been here before said:

Oh aye that bit at the bottom, the last paragraph... :rofl:

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Oh aye that bit at the bottom, the last paragraph... :rofl:

Lol caught me out as,well...please tell me it wasn't that little prick...the one and only McAnus  who scored? 

been here before
5 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Lol caught me out as,well...please tell me it wasn't that little prick...the one and only McAnus  who scored? 

1 hour ago, been here before said:

I remember he opted not to take a penalty for Dundee Utd in shoot out against us after we had a man sent off! 

3 cup final goals and also netted in that shoot out. Can’t be too many recent players with 2 SC winners medals for Hearts.

Said to my old man during the Derby that if we had Skacel in this side he probably would've had a hattrick on the day. 

His shooting ability is probably the best we're ever likely to see.

12 minutes ago, alanjambo said:

An absolute legend. The kind of player everybody loved. Surely our best ever overseas player?

Best ever player in my life time. 

Our lineup for the game against Raith, mentioned above.

This could give you a headache 🤯

IMG_1340.png

Edited by iantjambo

Perry 'Captain America' Kitchen and Connor 'three year deal' Sammon.

The fear is still strong with those two, amongst many, many others. 

16 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

IMG_1340.png

:sob: what a sorry state of affairs that is :lol: 

59 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Superb player for Hearts - did more in his 100 and so games than 99% who play for us do. 

Correct. It's very rare that we sign a player of that quality and then manage to hold on to him for any length of time. With a player like him in the team you've got a chance of winning any game no matter how badly the team as a whole is playing.

Ricardo Quaresma
2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

I remember he opted not to take a penalty for Dundee Utd in shoot out against us after we had a man sent off! 

3 cup final goals and also netted in that shoot out. Can’t be too many recent players with 2 SC winners medals for Hearts.

I regard that as his 49th goal 😉

In my 40 years following hearts he is easily in my top 5 players / legends.   Some players just fit with clubs and get them. What a left peg. Easily in my all time starting 11.

hated hibs with a vengeance and backed it up every time on the pitch. Utter legend

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

IMG_1340.png

a headache 🤣  bloody hell I need a lie down. What a truly awful bunch (a couple aside).

dark days

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

IMG_1340.png

That's a disgrace. No wonder we were shite. 

2 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Great way to spend half an hour.

Beautiful Saturday morning viewing. There's not one player in the current squad who is as tenacious as Rudi was. I wonder if he insured that left peg 🤔

4 hours ago, been here before said:

Bloody hell! I could’ve sworn that went straight in from Rudi 🤣 mind you I’d had a few at the rugby club beforehand 🍺

Rudi was a talisman for Hearts. A genius left foot,  exuded quality and class. Vlad did many many wrong things at Hearts but I will be forever grateful to him for giving us Ruuuuuuuudi!!!.

Remember being at his first game friendly vs Middlesbrough. You could just tell he had that aura about him that he would be a cult hero. Absolute legend of a man aswell. 

I wonder how he would be remembered now without his second spell. 

He was brilliant on the first half of 05/06, did go off the boil a bit towards the end and left under a bit of a cloud.

I just adore him.

Half of  his entire career goals were scored for Hearts.    His movement was so graceful..  Seldom injured.   Had a great eye for an opening.   His shots-on-target stat must have been way better than any other Hearts player I've seen.

We (the club) were lucky to have him twice, and we (the fans) were lucky to witness this absolute gem of a footballer. 

1 hour ago, Bunny Munro said:

I wonder how he would be remembered now without his second spell. 

He was brilliant on the first half of 05/06, did go off the boil a bit towards the end and left under a bit of a cloud.

I just adore him.

I am man enough to admit I said  Meh when he re-signed . What a fucjing dick I was (and still am ) . In my top 3 ever