Jorge Grant

Pete Elliott

Pete Elliott

Get the feck out of my club and take your work-shy attitude with you. The footballing definition of “one swallow does not a summer make”.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

he’s a hibs fan - a poor man’s version of the more prolific one(s) on here (or another account)

Pete Elliott
5 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Eh!?!

Zero desire to play for the jerseys. Had been on the park five minutes and was jogging about as if he was at end of a 90 minute slog.

12 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Get the feck out of my club and take your work-shy attitude with you. The footballing definition of “one swallow does not a summer make”.

That’s something you need to sort out your self mate, if Jorge has done something he shouldn’t have , you need to take it up with him

1 hour ago, Pete Elliott said:

IMG_9604.gif

been here before

Holly-Willoughby-Card-scaled.thumb.jpg.93b2375e813f157847e7c12ef14ebd4d.jpg

I don't like having a go at the moderaters on here, extremely difficult job but the number of Hobos and windup merchants on JKB needs sorting out

1 hour ago, EH11 2NL said:

Should of been on instead of Beni 

Oh dear!  Beni made a mistake.  The defence could still have cleared it.  He then went on and contributed more than Grant has all season goal excepted. 

Beni over Grant ANY day of the week. 

5 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Oh dear!  Beni made a mistake.  The defence could still have cleared it.  He then went on and contributed more than Grant has all season goal excepted. 

Different types of players. 

Pete Elliott
6 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Absolutely 👍🏻

Pete Elliott
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Spot on. One’s a potential Premier League player, the other belongs in League 1.

Just now, jr ewing said:

Not the point.  Post was in response to a ridiculous post about Beni. 

Grant done well in his last few starts but I partially agree with the Op in the sense that my single biggest criticism of Jorge grant is nothing to do with his undoubted ability but his fluctuating mentality 

You just don't know what you will get with him from game to game. A technical player, no question, but when he came on today it was almost like he was going through the motions rather than using his ability and 100% effort to make something happen 

I just sometimes think he is powderpuff in some games and that was an example of it today. If he had the mentality of someone like Cammy and combined with his undoubted technical ability he would be one of our best players 

Still to happen 

Edited by Hearts1975

1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

he’s a hibs fan - a poor man’s version of the more prolific one(s) on here (or another account)

Yep

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Yet our manager had them either side of the Hoff at the end of the game 🤷🏾‍♂️

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
40 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I’d blame beni for the first goal more than the defence but he did look a lot better today otherwise - still a way to go but positive signs

Decent technical ability. That's been clear since he arrived. Very questionable levels of athleticism and mobility. That's also been abundantly clear since he arrived. Basically he's just not of the required level to make a meaningful impact. 

Punt in January. Presumably on loan because we're almost certainly paying him too much in a similar way to others in previous recent seasons we couldn't extricate with a crowbar. Sammon/Damour/Martin et al. 

9 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Oh dear. Its nothing to do with Beni personally. Its the style of player. That was a defensive sub when he thought the game was won and cost us the win. 

9 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Ridiculous  post 😁 The Lowry/ Beni sub was a massive factor in throwing the game. You've had a mare mate. 

11 hours ago, Pete Elliott said:

Withdrawn comment. Incredulous though

Edited by Gorgierools

AlphonseCapone
10 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Absolutely everyone knows bringing Beni on rather than Grant for Lowry changed the game against us, wasn't the right decision. That doesn't mean Grant is better than Beni, he isn't close to being so, but he's a different player and would have been the right player to bring on under the circumstances.

A_A wehatethehibs

Just looking strictly at this season.

With what we’ve seen of Beni since his return it is highly questionable whether he will ever get back to the previous level. He’s been off the pace and caught out a number of times. 

Grant meanwhile scored the winner against Kilmarnock, played well against Ross county, team had back to back wins. He was the player with more fitness and form and positionally like for like with Lowry. Comfortably Grant over Beni in those circumstances. It was a defence minded Robbie-esque containment substitution. 

Nothing ridiculous about it, Grant should have been on for Lowry instead of Beni, if Beni’s coming on to get sharpness it needs to be for Devlin or Hof. That sub killed our momentum & gave them incentive to get forward 

Pete Elliott
32 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

With what we’ve seen of Beni since his return it is highly questionable whether he will ever get back to the previous level. He’s been off the pace and caught out a number of times. 

Grant meanwhile scored the winner against Kilmarnock, played well against Ross county, team had back to back wins. He was the player with more fitness and form and positionally like for like with Lowry. Comfortably Grant over Beni in those circumstances. It was a defence minded Robbie-esque containment substitution. 

Grant was terrible against Ross County. 😳

3 hours ago, EH11 2NL said:

Ridiculous  post 😁 The Lowry/ Beni sub was a massive factor in throwing the game. You've had a mare mate. 

Goal aside Beni had a good game, fact.  Can't change that.  On your reckoning most of the Hearts team are hopeless, goals conceded, chances missed, poor passing, head down when cutting in and refusing to do the basic cutback to unmarked players - it goes on.  He cost us goal in large part, but grew from that rather than shrink into a shell.

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

And Grant was virtually anonymous when he came on, certainly defensively.

In fact, Beni came closer to scoring than Grant.

Edited by colinmaroon

Grant was terrible against Ross County. 😳

Agreed!  There is a lobby for Grant that is based on flashes.  Can't ever remember seeing him have 90 minutes or even 6-70 where he has stood out other than in flashes ans my Granny could tackle him, and she died in 1969.

2 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Goal aside Beni had a good game, fact.  Can't change that.  On your reckoning most of the Hearts team are hopeless, goals conceded, chances missed, poor passing, head down when cutting in and refusing to do the basic cutback to unmarked players - it goes on.  He cost us goal in large part, but grew from that rather than shrink into a shell.

On my reckoning? I said that the sub should have been Grant not Beni. For reasons that many others have explained to you. Obviously you didn't notice the change in type of player let Hibs into the game. We were cruising at 2 0, it was going on 3 or 4 until that defensive sub. 

And yet for most of the time thereafter Beni spent in their half contributing to the attack and he.still showed his ability to get free from the shackles and create space. 

I can only assume that some were so mad at his "mistake" the red mist blinded them. 

billybalfour
18 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

And yet for most of the time thereafter Beni spent in their half contributing to the attack and he.still showed his ability to get free from the shackles and create space. 

I can only assume that some were so mad at his "mistake" the red mist blinded them. 

I have to agree with you.That is the furthest forward I have seen Beni play and he was very good.If he could shoot he would have had the winner.We need him match fit for the semi final so he needs minutes.Nearly every manager in the UK would make that switch at 2-0 up in a derby at home.I'm not sure which managers people are on about that would make a like for like at that stage of a gameor bring on a forward.Lowry had done his bit.

Pete Elliott
6 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Agreed!  There is a lobby for Grant that is based on flashes.  Can't ever remember seeing him have 90 minutes or even 6-70 where he has stood out other than in flashes ans my Granny could tackle him, and she died in 1969.

:spoton:

18 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I thought Beni looked like his old self when he came on. 

So did I and I am glad some one else has said it because there were people calling him finished ect after the game and on here . One moment of rustiness in an otherwise very Baningime display 

13 hours ago, billybalfour said:

I have to agree with you.That is the furthest forward I have seen Beni play and he was very good.If he could shoot he would have had the winner.We need him match fit for the semi final so he needs minutes.Nearly every manager in the UK would make that switch at 2-0 up in a derby at home.I'm not sure which managers people are on about that would make a like for like at that stage of a gameor bring on a forward.Lowry had done his bit.

The choice of substitute for Kingsley ultimately proved more costly as the game went on, Not  a big fan of Halliday but he should have came on.

Thought Beni was decent to be fair, that ball could still have been belted away after his error.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So did I and I am glad some one else has said it because there were people calling him finished ect after the game and on here . One moment of rustiness in an otherwise very Baningime display 

He maybe did by the end, but he was way off the pace to begin with (imo). Slow in both movement and thought to begin with. Caught in possession three times which is really not like him at his best. No successful tackles or interceptions. There seemed to be combination of him starting a few yards away from where he should be and the. Being slow to make up the ground. 

Got better as time went on, but first 10-15 weren’t great IMO. 

Just now, CMc said:

He maybe did by the end, but he was way off the pace to begin with (imo). Slow in both movement and thought to begin with. Caught in possession three times which is really not like him at his best. No successful tackles or interceptions. There seemed to be combination of him starting a few yards away from where he should be and the. Being slow to make up the ground. 

Got better as time went on, but first 10-15 weren’t great IMO. 

He is just rusty . He still turns on a sixpence to make space for him self and retains the ball well . He was the same for a couple of games the last time he came back from an injury . All players are the same in that respect 

Bad Religion
On 07/10/2023 at 20:27, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

100% 

Burner account for our palindromic ex managers biggest fan. 

Edited by Bad Religion

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He is just rusty . He still turns on a sixpence to make space for him self and retains the ball well . He was the same for a couple of games the last time he came back from an injury . All players are the same in that respect 

Can't remember how he was the last time he cane back but he needs games and we should give him them. 

44 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Sure, on that we can 100% agree. 

If we’re discussing the “he’s finished” hysteria, he’s obviously not. A tough 30 minutes in the bank is really helpful, especially as this time he played through it and came out looking better than he did at the start - rather than going into his shell like he did at the start of the season. 

Took a while to get there though.