Buses for the Semi

Weonly151

Just thought I'd start a post on busses to Hampden.

I'm running a bus from Dalkeith to The King's Park Hotel in Rutherglen. I still have around 15 seats available if anyone is interested. 

The bus will be leaving Dalkeith at around 10:15 and will cost £22 a head. We're booked into the King's Park Hotel for 3 hours before the match and their will be breakfast rolls for us on arrival. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Buses for the Semi
2 hours ago, Stuttgart 2000 said:

Ok I will say it 😆

£22 quid, the bus got a poll and free lap dancing? 

They're pretty expensive these days to be fair. Think ours is costing £1,100 for a 57 seater. 

Always love the bus threads, as you will always get someone moaning about the prices. Used to travel from buses from the Kilted Pig for semi finals & the odd final, knew the guy who organised them and it took a fair bit of effort to collect the money etc, makes sure everyone turned up on time and were back on at the end , I did not give a hoot if he earned a couple of quid for the effort , he deserved it .

I applaud the bus organisers !

Looking for 4 seats in the Livingston area if anyone has any or can pick up at deer park or any of the park and rides approaching deer park?

13 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

They're pretty expensive these days to be fair. Think ours is costing £1,100 for a 57 seater. 

Yip, I got quoted £1800, £1600 and finally got one for £900. Also its a Sunday so the driver us probably on double time. Anyway its booked now just have the hassle of getting a deposit from everyone and hoping they all turn up on the day or I'm put of pocket. 

wattie exploited
On 07/10/2023 at 12:51, Weonly151 said:

Yip, I got quoted £1800, £1600 and finally got one for £900. Also its a Sunday so the driver us probably on double time. Anyway its booked now just have the hassle of getting a deposit from everyone and hoping they all turn up on the day or I'm put of pocket. 

were are you leaving from

wattie exploited
2 hours ago, Weonly151 said:

Hey Wattie, thanks for offering. I'm running my own bus again from Dalkeith. 

Thanks though

i dont know how that message was sent i havent organized a bus myself I was looking for 2 seats from Dalkeith or loanhead 

On 06/10/2023 at 20:16, Stuttgart 2000 said:

Ok I will say it 😆

£22 quid, the bus got a poll and free lap dancing? 

You living in 2000? Bus costs are mental nowadays especially for big games against the uglies. We’re competing with their horrible glory seekers as well. 
Ours are heavily subsidised by membership fees etc and we’re still £15 a head to break even. No seats available btw. 

The new West End
On 07/10/2023 at 12:51, Weonly151 said:

Take the full payment don't ***** about with deposits

Don’t want to start another hampden thread.  Re parking, where best to go on east side? I ended up having to walk half way round the stadium last time - don’t fancy that again! 

3 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Don’t want to start another hampden thread.  Re parking, where best to go on east side? I ended up having to walk half way round the stadium last time - don’t fancy that again! 

Somewhere around the international bar is good to get away onto the motorway. 

been here before
1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

We used this again. Got a spot in the Asda car park at Toryglen for £3. 5 minute walk and on the right side.

https://www.yourparkingspace.co.uk/

Could probably have done it for free but dont trust those weegies on a Hampden matchday not to pull some stroke.

Edited by been here before

13 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Plenty of free parking kings park area.

Anywhere near the train station and your at the Hearts end of the ground, 5/10 min walk. 

Also  traffic is always easy  if you come in from Cathkin braes or if you fancy the  scenic route EK/Castlemilk 😀

Maybe an extra couple  miles on the journey ,but you wont sit in any traffic jams.

portobellojambo1
On 11/10/2023 at 14:47, Shaggy2 said:

You living in 2000? Bus costs are mental nowadays especially for big games against the uglies. We’re competing with their horrible glory seekers as well. 
Ours are heavily subsidised by membership fees etc and we’re still £15 a head to break even. No seats available btw. 

Think this time round the fact it is a Sundat is playing a part, as many companies are increasing prices quite steeply. We are running a but to Ibrox at the end of this month, 45 seater, and the cost is £480, we are taking a bit bigger bus to Hampden, a 57 seater, at a cost of £720, which actualy seems fairly reasonable really given  the prices some are getting quoted. Our bus ia long sold out, all members travelling with us.

21 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Think this time round the fact it is a Sundat is playing a part, as many companies are increasing prices quite steeply. We are running a but to Ibrox at the end of this month, 45 seater, and the cost is £480, we are taking a bit bigger bus to Hampden, a 57 seater, at a cost of £720, which actualy seems fairly reasonable really given  the prices some are getting quoted. Our bus ia long sold out, all members travelling with us.

excellent prices 

On 06/10/2023 at 13:38, Weonly151 said:

Just thought I'd start a post on busses to Hampden.

I'm running a bus from Dalkeith to The King's Park Hotel in Rutherglen. I still have around 15 seats available if anyone is interested. 

The bus will be leaving Dalkeith at around 10:15 and will cost £22 a head. We're booked into the King's Park Hotel for 3 hours before the match and their will be breakfast rolls for us on arrival. 

Good luck at the kings park hotel mate. I took two buses there for the final against rangers. Place was a shambles from start to finish. Weren’t allowed to sing basically just wanted you to sit down and talk

3 hours ago, DennisG860 said:

Good luck at the kings park hotel mate. I took two buses there for the final against rangers. Place was a shambles from start to finish. Weren’t allowed to sing basically just wanted you to sit down and talk

Our bus went there for the final as well, you must have been in a different room to us because we had the place bouncing. We had a dj playing hearts songs. No hassle what so ever 

8 hours ago, Weonly151 said:

Our bus went there for the final as well, you must have been in a different room to us because we had the place bouncing. We had a dj playing hearts songs. No hassle what so ever 

Yeah you were on the bit down stairs. We had bouncers telling us 25 in this room 100 in that room and stuff was a shambles then 50 of the boys come on the bus saying it’s bouncing. 

I have secured another 53 seater. Leaving Hermiston Park and Ride 1015, going via Motherwell FC for pre match drinks (opens 11am) then onto Hampden. £15/pp bus has toilet. If the posters wanting picked up at Bathgate still looking we could accommodate.

2 hours ago, Gambo said:

I have secured another 53 seater. Leaving Hermiston Park and Ride 1015, going via Motherwell FC for pre match drinks (opens 11am) then onto Hampden. £15/pp bus has toilet. If the posters wanting picked up at Bathgate still looking we could accommodate.

Any chance of taking 3 seats ?

Thanks