Solicitors for buying a property

Walter Payton

Walter Payton

Looking for advice here (and not don't buy it, I'm buying it as a home primarily instead of an investment CC ;))

Pretty close to buying a shared ownership (shared with Edinvar housing assosciation rather than an individual) and got to the stage of appointing solicitors to act on my behalf. Has anybody got solicitors they can recommend? The bank have suggested O'Neill Patient, but I'm not convinced- can English Solicitors act when the property is in Scotland?

Need to find out whether stamp duty is applicable as well but I suspect that'll be a question Edinvar will need to answer...

Cheers in advance

John Lints.

Excellent service and very down-to-earth, non-bools-in-the-mooth solicitors.

I asked for advice on JKB and somebody reccomended Lints.

I went with them and everything was easy as hell.

Looking for advice here (and not don't buy it, I'm buying it as a home primarily instead of an investment CC ;))

Pretty close to buying a shared ownership (shared with Edinvar housing assosciation rather than an individual) and got to the stage of appointing solicitors to act on my behalf. Has anybody got solicitors they can recommend? The bank have suggested O'Neill Patient, but I'm not convinced- can English Solicitors act when the property is in Scotland?

Need to find out whether stamp duty is applicable as well but I suspect that'll be a question Edinvar will need to answer...

Cheers in advance

No Stamp duty if the purchase price is below 125k, you can get quotes from several solicitors if you like, i would recommend you contact Ivan Ralph, at Leslie Deans Corstorphine Branch, he is Excellent.

Tel Number 0131 466 6226. ( if you say you were recommended by Stuart you will get a discount):)

John Lints.

Sure i seen a porsche outside Dunfy in the car park last night with Lints as the number plate, take it that was him?:confused:

Sure i seen a porsche outside Dunfy in the car park last night with Lints as the number plate, take it that was him?:confused:

It would have been.

John likes his Porsche's.

Walter Payton

Cheers for all the help guys- will be phoning round for quotes so if anyone else has good or bad experiences with solicitors I'd be grateful!

It would have been.

John likes his Porsche's.

Is he a Jambo or a Pars fan ?

Couldn't tell you. He was probably there as a guest of the Dunfermline chairman, John Yorkston. His business interests include 2 or 3 legal / property related companies.

John Lints.

just don't try and sell with them!!

John Lints.

I asked for advice on JKB and somebody reccomended Lints.

I went with them and everything was easy as hell.

Neither as legend says he has "Interest's" in all sporting stadiums around the country

Couldn't tell you. He was probably there as a guest of the Dunfermline chairman, John Yorkston. His business interests include 2 or 3 legal / property related companies.

just don't try and sell with them!!

I have been friends with John and Violet for years and never had any problems with them either buying or selling sold both my house's no problems and there was no hassles.

ted,

my sister used to reccommend them to a lot of people as she bought her first place with them. we also used them when moving too

i think they've excpanded too quickly and not employed too wisely. we had our place on the market, a huge 3 bedroom flat in duddingston, with them for almost a year, and had a handful of viewers. sister was told by the guy (not john) that "people don't really buy during the world cup" among other excuses

we took it off the market with them, and left it a while. put it back on the market at the turn or the year, but given the current market, its not sold yet, despite the fact that we had more viewers in the first few weeks than the entire time it was on the market with lints

just like to add, that my sister also got on really well with john and violet, and we have no problem with them at all, just the fool they employed, and we had trying to sell the place

ted,

my sister used to reccommend them to a lot of people as she bought her first place with them. we also used them when moving too

i think they've excpanded too quickly and not employed too wisely. we had our place on the market, a huge 3 bedroom flat in duddingston, with them for almost a year, and had a handful of viewers. sister was told by the guy (not john) that "people don't really buy during the world cup" among other excuses

we took it off the market with them, and left it a while. put it back on the market at the turn or the year, but given the current market, its not sold yet, despite the fact that we had more viewers in the first few weeks than the entire time it was on the market with lints

Sorry to hear that bev but as said never had problems with them but guess there is always one bad egg in a few.

very true ted,

still feel it would have sold back then though, had the boy actually tried.

Archived