Strictly come dancing

JudyJudyJudy

No watched it in a few years but was last night esp Angela Rippon tearing the floor up at 78 , fantastic . Mind you I did hear the creaking when he lifted her leg up at the end . Maybe some more lubricant Angela ? Think it might be a good season  . 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJ7WFtHg/

Bobby Brazier was exceptional and good to see Annabelle Croft trying her best . Less said about Les Dennis the better 😂

4 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Bobby Brazier was exceptional and good to see Annabelle Croft trying her best . Less said about Les Dennis the better 😂

Les Dennis is this year's Tony Adams without the Arsenal fans on hand to keep him in.

In fairness, Angela's really relying on that "TV royalty/nostalgia" factor, because she was, erm, a bit creaky. Nigel Harman was the surprise of the night, and I wasn't expecting either Amanda Abbington or Annabel Croft to do as well as they did.  There was a definite split - more or less half the group doing competently and scoring high 20s, and the other half not really finding their feet.  We'll see next week, but I reckon that by mid-November all of the bottom half of last night's leaderboard will be gone.

1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

In fairness, Angela's really relying on that "TV royalty/nostalgia" factor, because she was, erm, a bit creaky. Nigel Harman was the surprise of the night, and I wasn't expecting either Amanda Abbington or Annabel Croft to do as well as they did.  There was a definite split - more or less half the group doing competently and scoring high 20s, and the other half not really finding their feet.  We'll see next week, but I reckon that by mid-November all of the bottom half of last night's leaderboard will be gone.

Yes I realise she’s getting plaudits for actually being no bad at dancing for her age , but she didnt  embarres herself . 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes I realise she’s getting plaudits for actually being no bad at dancing for her age , but she didnt  embarres herself . 

Indeed she didn't, and she deserved to be in the top half of the leaderboard.

Strictly fun fact of the day.  Les Dennis and Angela Rippon have the same birthday. On October 12th next he'll be 70, and she'll be 79. 

"Part of the joy of dancing is conversation. Trouble is, some men can't talk and dance at the same time." 

Ginger Rogers

382724534_10158981017926534_8015095899016874265_n.jpg

2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Strictly fun fact of the day.  Les Dennis and Angela Rippon have the same birthday. On October 12th next he'll be 70, and she'll be 79. 

Oh I didn't think he was nearly 70 to be honest.  His dance was fairly comical but I suppose its hard to separate the comic from the dramatic at times. ?   If he stays in he may improve ?  But I rather doubt it.  Id agree with your assessment.   

Couple real human interest stories which tag at the heart strings. Annabelle Croft still grieving but getting on with life and the story of Bobby Brazier and how he has turned out to be a decent young man thanks to the parenting of his dad Jeff.  

I think this year it will be excellent 

Oh and since i haven't seen it for a few years I was pleasantly surprised to see a Vito Coppola.  Unsure why 

2°-Mr-Web-Vito-Coppola-B-1024x1024.jpg

7 minutes ago, The Jazz Emu said:

Angela is quite the lady.

The gentleman in the picture above is quite the treat!

I hope him and his partner go deep in the competition so we see more of him...sorry them. 

:) 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

3 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Almost your age when you combine those two😉

Anybody who watches pish like that and britains got talent needs their bloody head looked at.Pretentious drivel.

IMO.

56 minutes ago, Sleepy head said:

Anybody who watches pish like that and britains got talent needs their bloody head looked at.Pretentious drivel.

IMO.

Pretentious?  Nous?!?

JudyJudyJudy
12 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Anne Widdecombe moved better than Les 

True lol . I wish he had stayed in though as he’s been hysterical 

Harry Potter
On 24/09/2023 at 21:23, Sleepy head said:

IMO.

pretty much rather bleed the brakes on the car.

The Jazz Emu
On 02/10/2023 at 13:00, Harry Potter said:

pretty much rather bleed the brakes on the car.

That is a fair point, chap.

However, that Vito Coppola is, as some might say, pure eye candy.

He is worth the TV Licence fee alone!

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, The Jazz Emu said:

That is a fair point, chap.

However, that Vito Coppola is, as some might say, pure eye candy.

He is worth the TV Licence fee alone!

Oh he certainly is !  

• 2 weeks later...
I P Knightley
41 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Omg so was Angela !

Gives hope to those oldies !!! 

There was a photo of Angela Rippon about 40 years ago doing a high kick where there was a wee bit of knicker elastic slippage. Long before the days of photoshop so I can't imagine the photo had been manipulated to add a bit of ******.

Back to the rugby...

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

There was a photo of Angela Rippon about 40 years ago doing a high kick where there was a wee bit of knicker elastic slippage. Long before the days of photoshop so I can't imagine the photo had been manipulated to add a bit of ******.

Back to the rugby...

IMG_5825.gif

highlandjambo3
11 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Omg so was Angela !

Gives hope to those oldies !!! 

Unfortunately when the speed gets cranked up to 45RPM she’ll fall flat on her arse 😂…..but hey, well done the oldies for having a go.  Not sure if I would put myself on national tv though….state of Les Dennis 😂😂 he could barely walk and talk at the same time 😳

3 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Unfortunately when the speed gets cranked up to 45RPM she’ll fall flat on her arse 😂…..but hey, well done the oldies for having a go.  Not sure if I would put myself on national tv though….state of Les Dennis 😂😂 he could barely walk and talk at the same time 😳

LOL so true but god bless her . shes 79.  

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t watch this but my interest was piqued a few minutes ago when I saw a friend ranting about one of the contestants on Facebook. She’s a stage manager and saw it for the first time tonight and was amazed to see someone she has worked with on the show. The interesting thing about that is that she worked with him for a company called New Adventures. A professional dance company. 
So I checked out his Wikipedia entry and sure enough he was a professional dancer before he was an actor and trained as a dancer. To a very high standard, as well as New Adventures he played Billy Elliott  in the West End and toured in Hairspray. 
So Layton Williams surely shouldn’t be on it? 

It’s just a popularity contest at the end of the day so someone who has more Insta followers or gets the grannies all wet will no doubt trump pro level contestants like Leyton Williams. 

Edited by SecN

Vito dancing superbly the night . Looking great too 😎

on more serious note it was nice to see Annabelle Croft pay tribute to her husband who sadly died earlier this year . Very moving 

28 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Vito dancing superbly the night . Looking great too 😎

on more serious note it was nice to see Annabelle Croft pay tribute to her husband who sadly died earlier this year . Very moving 

Ellie and Vito worth watching this year.  Layton is sensational, but the jive tonight left me a bit cold, TBH.  Technically excellent, but no real vibe.

Other than those two, it's not great, and probably the lowest standard I've seen since I started watching.

Vito dancing half naked on it tonight . Might complain to the BBC 😎

Think it’s curtains for Angela Rippon 

What a beautiful performance of 

“ hallelujah “ by Andrea Boccelli and that young girl. Stunning 😎

4 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

The word was that the judges would do whatever was needed to get Angela Rippon to Blackpool.  After that she's on her own.

Layton and Ellie for the final, with one of Nigel or Bobby to make up the numbers.  That's my guess at this stage.

4 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

The word was that the judges would do whatever was needed to get Angela Rippon to Blackpool.  After that she's on her own.

Layton and Ellie for the final, with one of Nigel or Bobby to make up the numbers.  That's my guess at this stage.

Yes I belive that regarding Angela .

She was particularly “ static “ last night . Yes def Layton and Ellie for the final . Nigel and Bobby might get near and I wouldn’t rule out Annabelle who had been getting better each week I feel . 

15 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes I belive that regarding Angela .

She was particularly “ static “ last night . Yes def Layton and Ellie for the final . Nigel and Bobby might get near and I wouldn’t rule out Annabelle who had been getting better each week I feel . 

Angela's doing well, but the reality is that at her age she doesn't have the flexibility and "oomph" of the others.  With Layton and Ellie, I think that unless one of them has a 'mare some week the judges will see them through because they're a cut above the rest.  The rest are of a very similar standard, so a lot depends on the viewer voting.  That's where Bobby (and to a lesser extent Nigel) will have an edge over Angela Scanlon and Annabel Croft, because a lot of soap viewers watch Strictly.  Annabel might get a sympathy vote because of her personal circumstances, though.  

Because the winner is picked by the viewers, I don't think Layton will win - he's not well-known enough with the regular audience.  That's why I think Ellie should be the favourite (she probably is, actually).

Edited by Ulysses

5 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Angela's doing well, but the reality is that at her age she doesn't have the flexibility and "oomph" of the others.  With Layton and Ellie, I think that unless one of them has a 'mare some week the judges will see them through because they're a cut above the rest.  The rest are of a very similar standard, so a lot depends on the viewer voting.  That's where Bobby (and to a lesser extent Nigel) will have an edge over Angela Scanlon and Annabel Croft, because a lot of soap viewers watch Strictly.  Annabel might get a sympathy vote because of her personal circumstances, though.  

Because the winner is picked by the viewers, I don't think Layton will win - he's not well-known enough with the regular audience.  That's why I think Ellie should be the favourite (she probably is, actually).

Agree with all of that as I think there is still some cynicism about Layton and his professional past . I don’t know anything about Ellie ( I assume she is an actress ) ? 

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Agree with all of that as I think there is still some cynicism about Layton and his professional past . I don’t know anything about Ellie ( I assume she is an actress ) ? 

Ellie was in Coronation Street for years until earlier this year.  I think a lot of voters won't be all that worried about Layton's professional background; it's just that they're more inclined to vote for people they see regularly on TV.   Conversely, they're more inclined to vote for men than women; 12 of the 20 series have been won by men.  For that reason, I think either Nigel or Bobby could be good outside bets.  They're fellas, and they feature in soaps/TV dramas.

I P Knightley
21 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

The same ones that were sticking out her knickers in that photo all those years ago?

3 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

The same ones that were sticking out her knickers in that photo all those years ago?

OH yuck the very thought....

image-23-10-21-06-55-5.gif

2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

I’ve just had a sudden urge for a ham sandwich. 

Rather lumpy dance from Angela tonight . God love her though . Least she got to dance in Blackpool ! Time for the 🥾 though 

11 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Is Ainsley Harriott still in 

He’s no been in it . Wrong programme sann 

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

He was in it last time I watched it

That was a few years back I think 😂