Kent ( Captain )

MR INCREDIBLE

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Yup, launching the ball into the paying fans not clever!! Knob.

Thats was bizarre, he could’ve really hurt someone. If he was that worried about time wasting he should’ve told his pal the useless ***** of a GK to hurry up. 

Jambof3tornado
On 22/10/2023 at 22:02, Pasquale for King said:

Thats was bizarre, he could’ve really hurt someone. If he was that worried about time wasting he should’ve told his pal the useless ***** of a GK to hurry up. 

There were a few comments about an earlier poor touch from fans so I'm assuming he was riled at that!

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

There were a few comments about an earlier poor touch from fans so I'm assuming he was riled at that!

I couldn’t care less, none of our players never mind the Captain should be kicking the ball into the fans.
About time he was stripped of the captaincy and possibly even dropped as hes been awful for weeks.
He could maybe do with getting back to the level of fitness he was in when he was in Belgium too. Not impressed with him at all recently. 

7BC70348-C2C0-4E9A-8BC5-4ECEA08BB5B1.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

Diehardjambo1

Really can’t believe all the negativity about shankland. He’s one of the best natural finishers we’ve had at Hearts and for the last few weeks has been played way too deep. He thrives in the oppositions box so let’s get him in there and you’ll see his performances return. 

On 22/10/2023 at 20:41, stirlo said:

There are no natural leaders in this team. Another failure in the recruitment department.

This.

Whatever people thought of him we need a Steven Pressley type character.

On 22/10/2023 at 19:22, Hannibal said:

indeed, sulking about the pitch

fired a second ball that came on the pitch for a throw in into the Wheatfield Crowd instead of passing it back off the pitch, luckily the fan was paying attention. 

I wondered wtf that was all about at the time? He could have hit a kid! Not a person to take responsibility for a football team on the pitch.

We_are_the_Hearts
On 30/09/2023 at 19:55, jr ewing said:

Halkett captain soon.

😄 I lets make chocolate legs Captain, dearie me. 

Shanks is a good lad and is just frustrated like most of us are. The least of our problems 

Tokyo Drifter
On 23/09/2023 at 17:55, hmfc_liam06 said:

I said last year that you could trace us falling off a cliff back to losing Gordon and replacing him as captain with Shankland. Was laughed at. Still stand by it.

Losing Craig was definitely the point at which the wheels came off. Thought Shanks was a curious choice for captain but you're probably more able to influence things from an outfield position than from between the sticks so swings and roundabouts. I always thought Halkett was a future captain but starting to wonder if we'll ever see him in maroon again. 

I think shankland will be staying captain even when Gordon returns. Naismith interview read as if he’s no want to take it off shankland and it’ll be extra pressure for Craig when returning 

4 hours ago, droid said:

Actually think Devlin would thrive as the Captain. 

I think Devlin's really coming on under Naismith. He's still doing his destroyer job, but he's clearly been taking in the whole Trust your instinct message and is starting to play first time, surprise balls.

We could really do with better results, but there were moments of zippy one touch football played against Celtic, and I hope it's something we get the hang of quickly.

1 hour ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

I think Devlin's really coming on under Naismith. He's still doing his destroyer job, but he's clearly been taking in the whole Trust your instinct message and is starting to play first time, surprise balls.

We could really do with better results, but there were moments of zippy one touch football played against Celtic, and I hope it's something we get the hang of quickly.

Stop being positive.

Horrific at the winning goal yesterday. He can see the cross coming in from the point of delivery. Nothing is blocking his line of sight. He can also see Danilo. It's a thoroughly awful piece of defending. You can see by the reaction of Kingsley just how bad it was.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Horrific at the winning goal yesterday. He can see the cross coming in from the point of delivery. Nothing is blocking his line of sight. He can also see Danilo. It's a thoroughly awful piece of defending. You can see by the reaction of Kingsley just how bad it was.

Yep he’s had a shocker there. Not only lost his man but got caught miles under the ball. Should have been a bread n butter header for him. 

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Yeah, Kent was good yesterday but he was woeful at the winner. He might as well have not been there.

Shanks had a good game yesterday. Hopefully recovered his form.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

He’s an upgrade on what we had last season at centre back but, like many of our signings, he’s really pretty average.

2 minutes ago, Korky said:

He’s an upgrade on what we had last season at centre back but, like many of our signings, he’s really pretty average.

Think that’s a bit harsh. I know he got it wrong at their goal but think he’s better pretty decent for us. 

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Think that’s a bit harsh. I know he got it wrong at their goal but think he’s better pretty decent for us. 

Yes, he’s done ok, but I’d rate him behind Halkett, Zal, Webster as a CH.

pettigrewsstylist
On 23/09/2023 at 17:34, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Make Kent the skipper now !!!

Fed up watching Shankland wandering around with his head down and not once dishing out any orders or encouragement to the team 🇱🇻

Having warm discussion with Beni going off at HT yesterday. I do however think central defenders or central midfielders are best placed to coordinate on field events and messages.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

9 minutes ago, Korky said:

Yes, he’s done ok, but I’d rate him behind Halkett, Zal, Webster as a CH.

Apart from Webster those guys took a fair old while to show how good they are . Kent not had very long 

24 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Yep he’s had a shocker there. Not only lost his man but got caught miles under the ball. Should have been a bread n butter header for him. 

Just the way it is with players in his position . Can play a 9 / 10 and that one mistake is massive and costs points . Similar to a goalie in that one mistake can cost the game 

He had a very good game yesterday (mistake aside) and is showing real promise.  Every single defender we have played this season has had a mare moment in at least in one game. Getting punished every time. It was awful defending for the winner no getting away from that, but he’s been one of a very few pluses this season for me.

Edited by 1971fozzy

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

He had a very good game yesterday (mistake aside) and is showing real promise.  Every single defender we have played this season has had a mare moment in at least in one game. Getting punished every time. It was awful defending for the winner no getting away from that, but he’s been one of a very few pluses this season for me.

You will be punished in the SPL for mistakes that's what happens. It is a scrappy league 

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Its absolutely horrendous though. He can see everything and still gets caught under the ball. Really awful stuff.

There's also a case for saying that Clark should come and take the cross.

Edited by Carter

15 minutes ago, Carter said:

Its absolutely horrendous though. He can see everything and still gets caught under the ball. Really awful stuff.

I too thought Clark could have taken the cross, not his fault though but can’t help think some of the goals he loses CG would save . Number of times he dug us out and gained us points was incredible. Too much to hope he even at forty can get back to that? 

Kent has been good for us this season and will get better when Halkett is back.

The goal yesterday was great movement by Danilo and a pin point ball by Tav.

Danilo fakes a run in front of Kent then changes to behind him which makes it harder to jump when you are back peddling. 

The problem came from giving Tav that much space and time to cross the ball.

1 hour ago, Heartbeat said:

I too thought Clark could have taken the cross, not his fault though but can’t help think some of the goals he loses CG would save . Number of times he dug us out and gained us points was incredible. Too much to hope he even at forty can get back to that? 

I wondered about Clark too. 

RustyRightPeg
2 hours ago, Carter said:

You’ve made it sound like the worlds worst ever piece of defending. In reality, it’s an outrageous cross and better movement. 

21 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

You’ve made it sound like the worlds worst ever piece of defending. In reality, it’s an outrageous cross and better movement. 

It's a terrible piece of defending. Look at the reaction of Kingsley. 

Pasquale for King

Good player but has been caught out against the best teams, poor from him at the winner yesterday but a decent GK realises he needs to come and at least punch the cross away. 

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Apart from Webster those guys took a fair old while to show how good they are . Kent not had very long 

Not long with Hearts but 200 odd games in the championship and League 1.

9 minutes ago, Korky said:

Not long with Hearts but 200 odd games in the championship and League 1.

Fair point . Personally I have always found people up here massively over rate both of those leagues though 

Malinga the Swinga
6 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

Kent has been good for us this season and will get better when Halkett is back.

The goal yesterday was great movement by Danilo and a pin point ball by Tav.

Danilo fakes a run in front of Kent then changes to behind him which makes it harder to jump when you are back peddling. 

The problem came from giving Tav that much space and time to cross the ball.

Who in the name of **** is Tav? 

On 24/10/2023 at 07:04, Diehardjambo1 said:

Really can’t believe all the negativity about shankland. He’s one of the best natural finishers we’ve had at Hearts and for the last few weeks has been played way too deep. He thrives in the oppositions box so let’s get him in there and you’ll see his performances return. 

I can believe it . Unfortunately some of our fans are morons 

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good player but has been caught out against the best teams, poor from him at the winner yesterday but a decent GK realises he needs to come and at least punch the cross away. 

Clark can see the cross from the point of delivery. Its horseshit from Kent but Clark could've came for it. Would've taken the pressure off after what happened a few mins before. A cheap goal to undo 90+ mins of good work. Eight goals conceded in the last 3 league games tells it's own story. 

34 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Who in the name of **** is Tav? 

I work in Glasgow with The Rangers fans so I must have picked it up there.

Sorry for any offensive 😁

• 3 weeks later...