Daniel Khalife Arrested

The Ultimate Worrier

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Good stuff well done the Government and police 

Do educate us in what role they played in catching him ?

I P Knightley
14 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

The same Government he escaped under!

Zackley!

If they had applied a fraction of the funding to public services as they have to lining their cronies' pockets, the likelihood of such a prison break would have been much lower. 

I know the spot they nabbed very well; about a 15 minute cycle ride from Knightley Towers; 20 mins in this heat. Very odd that he was just out there cycling along the towpath. Had he been diagnosed as simple?

32 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

The same Government he escaped under!

Indeed.  But in Manalive's world,  Tories only deserve  credit, never the blame.       Its surprising that he  didn't blame the SNP for the guy's escape - still time though. 😉

16 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Zackley!

If they had applied a fraction of the funding to public services as they have to lining their cronies' pockets, the likelihood of such a prison break would have been much lower. 

I know the spot they nabbed very well; about a 15 minute cycle ride from Knightley Towers; 20 mins in this heat. Very odd that he was just out there cycling along the towpath. Had he been diagnosed as simple?

So had he just nicked a bike from somewhere ?       Some ex-police & prison folk were saying only yesterday that he appeared to be very resourceful because no-one had reported seeing him, and that meant he  probably had outside assistance.       

If Wandsworth is infested with RAAC, there could be hundreds of inmates fancying their chances of escape now.  😀

periodictabledancer
31 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Zackley!

A member of the public spotted him in that locale in the wee small hours on his bike and phoned the police. 

24 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

A member of the public spotted him in that locale in the wee small hours on his bike and phoned the police. 

Public sightings the main reason he was caught. Police used the public. Though unless he had help to get out of country he would have been caught eventually.

SectionDJambo
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Public sightings the main reason he was caught. Police used the public. Though unless he had help to get out of country he would have been caught eventually.

He doesn't seem to be a criminal mastermind, or am I underestimating him? Ronnie Biggs managed to get to Brazil. This guy was cycling around with a sleeping bag and a Waitrose cool bag, only a couple of miles from the prison.

periodictabledancer
4 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

He doesn't seem to be a criminal mastermind, or am I underestimating him? Ronnie Biggs managed to get to Brazil. This guy was cycling around with a sleeping bag and a Waitrose cool bag, only a couple of miles from the prison.

Folk were reacting to the "terrorist " label : he was a very average spy. He wasn't a threat to anyone (which is why he was allowed to work in the prison kitchens) and the Met guy who spoke about him as if he was some kind of James Bond figure due to his British army past was laughable. I thik he just got lucky in his escape and had no real plan of what to do if/when he made it. 

I P Knightley
59 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

If Wandsworth is infested with RAAC, there could be hundreds of inmates fancying their chances of escape now.  😀

The convicts would be digging their way out with teaspoons :D 

I think we're safe, though. RAAC was a thing of the 1950s and I understand that these big. old jails have had no construction work done since Victoria was on the throne. 

23 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

People speculated he could have got help from the Iranian Government who certainly have special forces operating in UK. 

But the story today suggests not. 

3 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

The convicts would be digging their way out with teaspoons :D 

I think we're safe, though. RAAC was a thing of the 1950s and I understand that these big. old jails have had no construction work done since Victoria was on the throne. 

Yes.... which I believe is giving rise to other issues such as prison overcrowding because the old thick stone blocks are  too difficult to remove and re-configure while the prison is in use.  Most prisons are operating at 130% (plus) capacity, boosted by arrested folk awaiting trial - so no chance of temporarily adding the inmates of another  jail while it gets refurbished/rebuilt.    

25 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Yes.... which I believe is giving rise to other issues such as prison overcrowding because the old thick stone blocks are  too difficult to remove and re-configure while the prison is in use.  Most prisons are operating at 130% (plus) capacity, boosted by arrested folk awaiting trial - so no chance of temporarily adding the inmates of another  jail while it gets refurbished/rebuilt.    

Ten of thousands of prisoners are in Police stations because there is no space in prison.

manaliveits105
8 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Ten of thousands of prisoners are in Police stations because there is no space in prison.

aye millions probably 

17 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Good stuff well done the Government and police 

The police should have arrested Wee Sanook the Crook and his mob of thieves while they were at it.

Don’t see the big deal in how this guy got so much publicity…you’d think he was some terror mastermind when it looks like he just seen a chance to jump under the van and chance his luck 

14 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

People speculated he could have got help from the Iranian Government who certainly have special forces operating in UK. 

But the story today suggests not. 

He is accused of planting fake bombs on the army base where was stationed and 'gathering' information which would be valuable to a foreign power. Gathering but not passing? He sounds a bit more of a Walter Mitty than an Osama Bin Laden..... Still illegal what he did but he wasn't a convicted 'terrorist'. Yet again 24 hour news coverage with space to fill has a lot to answer for, although it does help to put pressure on the escapee with public awareness.

Edited by Daktari

Mac_fae_Gillie
3 hours ago, theshed said:

Don’t see the big deal in how this guy got so much publicity…you’d think he was some terror mastermind when it looks like he just seen a chance to jump under the van and chance his luck 

He served as junior rank in Royal Signals no great military training but his access to information would be greater than most soldiers huge threat as a traitor less as an actual hands on terrorist. Does seem to be a bampot dreamer far more is been made of this escape by the media thx to use of "terrorist" the police/Army probably more worried about any files he has nicked and was willing to sell.

periodictabledancer
2 hours ago, Daktari said:

He is accused of planting fake bombs on the army base where was stationed and 'gathering' information which would be valuable to a foreign power. Gathering but not passing? He sounds a bit more of a Walter Mitty than an Osama Bin Laden..... Still illegal what he did but he wasn't a convicted 'terrorist'. Yet again 24 hour news coverage with space to fill has a lot to answer for, although it does help to put pressure on the escapee with public awareness.

gbnews summing it all up rather nicely.