• JudyJudyJudy

• Ulysses

• Unknown user

• Ked

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jack D and coke

This world is ripe for these guys.

We’re in a post truth world where people don’t believe anything and there’s a gap for these people to exploit. 
I signed up for Tates emails just to see what he’s all about and he doesn’t disappoint :lol: 

He basically just calls you a loser in them and the way out is to pay him $50 a month to not be a loser anymore. 
He’s obviously got plenty paying too. 

i wish jj was my dad
6 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

We’re in a post truth world where people don’t believe anything and there’s a gap for these people to exploit. 
I signed up for Tates emails just to see what he’s all about and he doesn’t disappoint :lol: 

He basically just calls you a loser in them and the way out is to pay him $50 a month to not be a loser anymore. 

Some folk live their lives in these wee bubbles lapping up everything of their 'influencers' tell them. Quite an industry. 

6 hours ago, Norm said:

Some of what he says is right. Some of what he says is wrong. 

I'm very much on this boat. 

I think sometimes he takes the literature to literally. :lol: 

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

I'm very much on this boat. 

I think sometimes he takes the literature to literally. :lol: 

I think thats where he is misunderstood sometimes. He talks, mostly, from the view of a clinical psychologist which, i presume, relies heavily on data and The Literature. 

7 hours ago, Norm said:

Some of what he says is right. Some of what he says is wrong. 

A broken clock is right twice a day... He’s a roaster followed by roasters as far as I’m concerned 

10 hours ago, Ulysses said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

What’s so funny? 

The guy is an elite thinker. Proper human being fighting for men and mens mental health and masculinity.

What is happening to him in Canada is a disgrace. 

32 minutes ago, King prawn said:

A broken clock is right twice a day... He’s a roaster followed by roasters as far as I’m concerned 

People who think differently from you are roaster. 

Nice one. 

10 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

What’s so funny? 

The guy is an elite thinker. Proper human being fighting for men and mens mental health and masculinity.

Go on then, I'll bite. What's happening in Canada?

22 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

What’s so funny? 

Yep . I admire him . Speaks a lot of sense about the human condition and mental health . 

11 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Go on then, I'll bite. What's happening in Canada?

Not asking anyone to bite. I fully get that he’s not everyone’s cup tea. 👍

The college of psychology in Canada is essentially forcing him to undergo social

media training for apparent unprofessional misconduct on twitter.  A court in Canada has upheld this ruling and he is essentially going to be stripped of licence to practice if he doesn’t comply. Censorship in the extreme if you ask me. 

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

People who think differently from you are roaster. 

Nice one. 

Not at all - but Jordan Peterson is a roaster :thumbsup: 

Listened to audio versions of a couple of his books, rules for life, as they were recommended by a friend some years ago.  I like mythology and theology and quite enjoyed the books as sort of pop psychology, self helpy stuff.  Haven't followed anything else he's done, but he seems to have lost the plot.  My perception of him now is as a figurehead of antiwokeness, which sounds really tedious.

periodictabledancer
48 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Not asking anyone to bite. I fully get that he’s not everyone’s cup tea. 👍

The college of psychology in Canada is essentially forcing him to undergo social

media training for apparent unprofessional misconduct on twitter.  A court in Canada has upheld this ruling and he is essentially going to be stripped of licence to practice if he doesn’t comply. Censorship in the extreme if you ask me. 

He's not being censored, he can say/do what he wants but he can't do it under the cloak of his profession.

No reasonable person could possibly belive a word that comes out of his mouth (I find it hard to belive even he does, it's all about money/notoriety/self publicist IMO) but having that professional background will no doubt sway a lot of people into thinking "hey , this guys not just some nut job  on social media with a wacky opinion". When really,   he is. 

Edited by periodictabledancer

4 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

He's not being censored, he can say/do what he wants but he can't do it under the cloak of his profession.

No reasonable person could possibly belive a word that comes out of his mouth (I find it hard to belive even he does, it's all about money/notoriety/self publicist IMO) but having that professional background will no doubt sway a lot of people into thinking "hey , this guys not just some nut job  on social media with a wacky opinion". When really,  fact, that's all he is. 

That isn’t a fact. That’s your opinion. 

So what you are essentially saying is you can only be a psychologist in Canada if you agree with all the thinking and teachings of the Canadian college and if you don’t you best keep your mouth shut or lose your licence.

Thats censorship. 

periodictabledancer
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

So what you are essentially saying is you can only be a psychologist in Canada if you agree with all the thinking and teachings of the Canadian college and if you don’t you best keep your mouth shut or lose your licence.

Thats censorship. 

It's pretty clear what I said.

He is free to  say and do what he likes so stop pretending he isn't or hasn't. 

2 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

It's pretty clear what I said.

He is free to  say and do what he likes so stop pretending he isn't or hasn't. 

He clearly isn’t free to say what he wants. A court is making him do social media training or lose his licence. 

periodictabledancer
Just now, AlimOzturk said:

He clearly isn’t free to say what he wants. A court is making him do social media training or lose his licence. 

He's simply been told - if you want to be in our club you need to follow our rules- his choice. 

10 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

These people are just today's religion/gods. The easily led just following someone's patent untruths...and paying for it 😂

From a quick reading of his, ahem, 'theories', he should be struck off from his professional body for bringing them into disrepute.

Scientists are supposed to base their opinions on evidence, something which this character clearly doesn't do, instead rehashing a bunch of half-truths and poorly evidenced speculation.

34 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Listened to audio versions of a couple of his books, rules for life, as they were recommended by a friend some years ago.  I like mythology and theology and quite enjoyed the books as sort of pop psychology, self helpy stuff.  Haven't followed anything else he's done, but he seems to have lost the plot.  My perception of him now is as a figurehead of antiwokeness, which sounds really tedious.

Yes I like his self help stuff . It’s well , helpful 😂

26 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Thats censorship. 

Yep . Thought police . Cancel culture . Compelled speech . Ideologies which the left dictate 

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yep . Thought police . Cancel culture . Compelled speech . Ideologies which the left dictate 

"the left".....

:rofl:

3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

What’s so funny? 

:rofl:

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Don't take offence but weren't you a big fan of Jeremy Corbyn and stated it many times on here. Have you changed again?

10 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Don't take offence but weren't you a big fan of Jeremy Corbyn and stated it many times on here. Have you changed again?

10 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I’m not opposed to economic policies which may help those less fortunate . Those policies are usually associated with “ the left “ . However , sadly it’s now the left who ate dictating issue regarding liberty , freedom of speech , censorship and cancel culture . 

3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Thats censorship. 

People confuse censorship with consequence, ***** can still say what he wants.

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I’m not opposed to economic policies which may help those less fortunate . Those policies are usually associated with “ the left “ . However , sadly it’s now the left who ate dictating issue regarding liberty , freedom of speech , censorship and cancel culture . 

Too many single issue lobbyists have perhaps got involved in the left of politics to the detriment of each other at times but it applies to the right as well with interests of the rich being easily bought. 

5 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I think thats where he is misunderstood sometimes. He talks, mostly, from the view of a clinical psychologist which, i presume, relies heavily on data and The Literature. 

He absolutely does. Everything he says is based on peer reviewed research. He's probably one of the smartest folk on the planet tbf. 

fabienleclerq
18 minutes ago, Smithee said:

People confuse censorship with consequence, ***** can still say what he wants.

Putin let's people say what they want too, the consequence is them falling out the sky various ways but hey they can say what they want!