Andy Halliday

TallPaul

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

So the best we can say for Andy Halliday is that he puts in more of a shift than Walker, GMS and McKay and was never overweight.

That and he banged in a few belters, helped us rebuild after the demotion and reinstate our club back where we belong, and got a couple of runners up medals. There’s certainly been worse Hearts careers. Time for new blood now but all the best to him 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• Sooks

• GinRummy

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Och well, if he’s not fat, that’s fine.

It’s not just that it’s about standards. He knew his limitations, but he done a damn sight more for our club than many others eg. his predecessors who got our club demoted with a shocking record of 4 wins from 30 the season before he arrived. He played his part in the rebuild from that disgraceful season, back to respectability. Not good enough for where we want to go but thanks for a good few years service and all the best. Why be bitter? 

4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It’s not just that it’s about standards. He knew his limitations, but he done a damn sight more for our club than many others eg. his predecessors who got our club demoted with a shocking record of 4 wins from 30 the season before he arrived. He played his part in the rebuild from that disgraceful season, back to respectability. Not good enough for where we want to go but thanks for a good few years service and all the best. Why be bitter? 

You make a good case for AH.

Personally though, I think that the whole Rangers thing with him has skewed peoples opinions of him (including me, may I add).

Why would he not ‘play his part’ though?  HMFC were paying his wages.

jambopilms
8 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

No bitter, just dont think always gives 100% is valid or an actual worth while compliment 

Niemi’s gloves
9 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Good post

gorgie rd eh11
14 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

No bitter, just dont think always gives 100% is valid or an actual worth while compliment 

Giving everything you can is not a worthwhile compliment? 

Jamboscanbevicius

Andy Halliday… hope he goes. It’s time. But I think he should go with best wishes. 

Despite his endless Rangers commentary, he seems to have maintained standards and rarely let us down when called upon.

1971fozzy

He’s been decent for us , and always gave his best. I’ll remember him fondly as a great pro. Wish him all the best (minus the games he will play v us of course).

1971fozzy
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

👍👍👍

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Thoughts and prayers with you at this difficult time.

:lol:

’ sending positive thoughts SPH ‘ 

In ten years time no one will remember him except for his two goals in the derby. The AH derby and that’ll do for me as that's how I’ll remember him.

He tried his best and you can’t ask for more than that. I don't get the seethe tbh and wouldn’t get upset over his podcasts. If you don’t like it don’t listen. He’s persuing a media career so he has an income after football and there’s nothing wrong with that so good luck to him with it. 

Thanks for all your efforts Andy and good luck for the future. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
15 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

In ten years time no one will remember him except for his two goals in the derby. The AH derby and that’ll do for me as that's how I’ll remember him.

He tried his best and you can’t ask for more than that. I don't get the seethe tbh and wouldn’t get upset over his podcasts. If you don’t like it don’t listen. He’s persuing a media career so he has an income after football and there’s nothing wrong with that so good luck to him with it. 

Thanks for all your efforts Andy and good luck for the future. 

This

Although I would add that peach at St Midden as well.

Stendelnator

Double in a derby that secured 3rd place, plus a Zidane pirouette in the same match. Got an assist in a Scottish Cup final. Played in two cup finals for us. Hundreds of players have done less for us and gotten more respect. 

Andy's, apparently, pro-Rangers media stuff doesn't bother me and never has.

I've never listened to it.

He's been a good servant to Heart of Midlothian and his goals vs. Hibs in 2022 will live long in the memory.

He gave Hearts 100% and has contempt for Hibernian.

I'm struggling to understand any negativity toward him.

he's been a good player for us. and very reliable in a number of positions, we're now at a level where we need an upgrade, nothing wrong with that and it doesn't detract from what he's given us to this point. he helped get us promoted and secure 3rd place, scored some important goals and put in some very good performances. as we as a club grow, our standards have to grow and unfortunately that means guys like Halliday have to make way for higher quality. that shouldn't detract from what he's given us or what he's helped us achieve to this point.

his Rangers leanings on podcasts are one thing, but he never let that run on to the pitch and always gave his all when called upon.

And for that, I will always be grateful.

(sorry if that sounds a bit like an obituary!)

7 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Thoughts and prayers with you at this difficult time.

Hopefully you'll be able to handle somebody else speaking on a podcast. I know you and the other delicate, little flowers have struggled with it.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yet it contrasts with guys like Barrie McKay, GMS, Jamie Walker all team mates of Andy’s etc who had vast amounts more talent, but not the graft or grit. If they had half the work rate, they would’ve been wonderful players.

I’ve slated him here in recent times but he always put a shift in and was never out of shape physically, looked after himself properly.

So he gets the deserved respect for being a good pro, that’s why folk mention “always gives 100%” it’s a label of respect for a good pro. 

Sticking Mckay amd walker in the same bracket as GMS.

:phface:

Ffs, ridiculous, especially Walker. 

Guy played over 211 games and scored 50 goals for us.

None of them have been of shape or been lazy either.

I have nothing against Halliday, always done what he's been asked but no idea why the need to slate the others.

Strange.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Hopefully you'll be able to handle somebody else speaking on a podcast. I know you and the other delicate, little flowers have struggled with it.

:lol:

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, martoon said:

Andy's, apparently, pro-Rangers media stuff doesn't bother me and never has.

I've never listened to it.

He's been a good servant to Heart of Midlothian and his goals vs. Hibs in 2022 will live long in the memory.

He gave Hearts 100% and has contempt for Hibernian.

I'm struggling to understand any negativity toward him.

If he'd been pro celtic,  would that have bothered you?

I think that is why some have an issue, he shouldn't be cheerleading other clubs while at us, because it's rangers some think it's ok.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, jambopilms said:

How does Halliday give 100% more than pick at random Haring, Halkett, Cochrane, Kingsley, Devlin and many more. 

Such a weird thing to be labeled with by so many people. 

It's a lazy observation,  same folk label guys like Beni and Mckay Lazy, probably Shankland at points as well.

Just fans not really having anything tangible to pick out.

Halliday will go with my best wishes, been a decent squad player for us and gave us a few cracking moments. He has a few more years of football in him, he needs games

Won't miss his rangers cheerleading and his wage will be freed up so a win/win.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

14 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If he'd been pro celtic,  would that have bothered you?

I think that is why some have an issue, he shouldn't be cheerleading other clubs while at us, because it's rangers some think it's ok.

Yep and it’s ****ing weird. 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Sticking Mckay amd walker in the same bracket as GMS.

:phface:

Ffs, ridiculous, especially Walker. 

Guy played over 211 games and scored 50 goals for us.

None of them have been of shape or been lazy either.

I have nothing against Halliday, always done what he's been asked but no idea why the need to slate the others.

Strange.

If any of those 3 worked as hard as Andy and had the same professionalism, they would be better players than they were / are. How’s that controversial? 

See mckay the day he got injured against PAOK, I wanted him hooked at HT. He was visibly out of condition, saw him blowing out his arse twice and I knew he would get injured. Down he went with the hamstring. I was raging at the manager for not hooking him. He should’ve been benchwarming for 3 months till he got fit. Halliday on the other hand, I don’t believe I’ve ever seen him look visibly unfit like that irrespective of pre season or returning from injury. And the same has happened for the other 2. They’ve got injured because they let their base level of fitness go too far down, they don’t train right. In particular when Stendel came in, the physical state of Jamie was an absolute joke. There were other occasions with him. Where was the training. And GMS well, he was just weak. Could’ve done with picking up a dumbbell and doing some strength training once in his life. Brushed off the ball by bog standard SPL full backs. 

And the contrast is, Andy has less talent than any of them 3 but with his professionalism he maxed out what his body could do. Barrie would do well to take note of what’s happened to Jamie and GMS. He is 100% at risk of going the same way as them.

10 hours ago, jambopilms said:

How does Halliday give 100% more than pick at random Haring, Halkett, Cochrane, Kingsley, Devlin and many more. 

Such a weird thing to be labeled with by so many people. 

Not everyone in any workplace unfortunately gives 100%. AH was a limited player but his effort, work rate and professionalism meant his career probably overachieved his ability. He was clearly a good guy to have about the place but his time is now over. Why should his attributes be acknowledged and thank him for his time ? 

For some reason you would rather bitterly put him down. Says more about you then AH to be honest. 

John Findlay
7 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

This

Although I would add that peach at St Midden as well.

His headers against Ross County and Motherwell where we were down to Ten men after the Jorge Grant sending off.

Japan Jambo
3 hours ago, Sir PH said:

I guess when it's your first team he's waxing lyrical about it's easier to make additional allowances for him. Anyhow, he always put a shift in when asked to do so and there were memorable moments but time for a change. Good luck to him except when he is playing us.

Uncle Buck

Good guy and good player for us. I feel sorry for him the way it’s ended, but suppose his time is just up. I’ll have fond memories of him in maroon.

Ex member of the SaS
10 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

He gives 100% at work? What a hero.

Do you?

Ex member of the SaS
3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Good guy and good player for us. I feel sorry for him the way it’s ended, but suppose his time is just up. I’ll have fond memories of him in maroon.

Agreed it comes to all players that younger fitter better players will push you down the ranks. He will do well for Motherwell for a couple of seasons then step down a league.

11 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

I guess when it's your first team he's waxing lyrical about it's easier to make additional allowances for him. Anyhow, he always put a shift in when asked to do so and there were memorable moments but time for a change. Good luck to him except when he is playing us.

Try posting something original, instead of copying the other wetwipes.👍

Shooter McGavin

People are highlighting that Halliday always gave 100% for us on the park because folk constantly questioned his commitment to us because he's a Rangers fan, and would appear on a Scottish football podcast where he'd occasionally mention them, which would then result in said folk having a meltdown.

Hope this helps 👍

Pistol1874
11 hours ago, Sir PH said:

I don't think talking on a podcast affected his commitment to Hearts.

It’s the optics of it all.
I don’t think ‘Rangers’ (or Celtic) would tolerate one of their players, a Hearts supporter, regularly appearing on a podcast to talk about Hearts.

Makes us look small time and, for me, should’ve been nipped in the bud by the club.

I do concede I have an almost pathological hatred of ‘Rangers’ which may cloud my judgement in matters relating to them, but on this occasion I don’t think so.

It’s time for him to move on but not because he’s on Open Goal, because we’re not playing him and would be better off spending his wages elsewhere as a result.

I never cared less about him being a mainstay guest on a Scottish Football podcast that, shock horror, tends to discuss the two biggest clubs frequently. He’s also talked up hearts plenty on it but it’s a less attention grabbing headline for the daily record and its subsidiaries. 

As long as it never interfered with training and commitment to Hearts I’m not going to get worked up over it. Plenty other examples including Ryan McGowan appearing regularly on an actual Hearts fan podcast while at St Johnstone.

All the best to him, thanks for the efforts, the big goals and mostly for that derby performance.

13 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

It’s the optics of it all.
I don’t think ‘Rangers’ (or Celtic) would tolerate one of their players, a Hearts supporter, regularly appearing on a podcast to talk about Hearts.

Makes us look small time and, for me, should’ve been nipped in the bud by the club.

I do concede I have an almost pathological hatred of ‘Rangers’ which may cloud my judgement in matters relating to them, but on this occasion I don’t think so.

The pant wetting over it has been absolutely hilarious. It's some words on a podcast. They can't hurt anybody and didn't affect his commitment to Hearts.

RustyRightPeg
23 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

It’s time for him to move on but not because he’s on Open Goal, because we’re not playing him and would be better off spending his wages elsewhere as a result.

I never cared less about him being a mainstay guest on a Scottish Football podcast that, shock horror, tends to discuss the two biggest clubs frequently. He’s also talked up hearts plenty on it but it’s a less attention grabbing headline for the daily record and its subsidiaries. 

As long as it never interfered with training and commitment to Hearts I’m not going to get worked up over it. Plenty other examples including Ryan McGowan appearing regularly on an actual Hearts fan podcast while at St Johnstone.

All the best to him, thanks for the efforts, the big goals and mostly for that derby performance.

Exactly. It's weird behaviour.

Didn't think he was very good and thought he looked not all that fit and looked slower than he had been when he came back after world cup.Overall,apart from a 2 or 3 month spell towards the end of 21-22 season I personally thought he was poor.

gordon simpson

spoke to one off his old school teachers ,he had nothing but good things to say about him 

and no he was not a sevco fan 

Pistol1874
27 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

The pant wetting over it has been absolutely hilarious. It's some words on a podcast. They can't hurt anybody and didn't affect his commitment to Hearts.

No pant wetting here, or anywhere else really, just people giving a view you disagree with.

It’s all good.

21 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

No pant wetting here, or anywhere else really, just people giving a view you disagree with.

It’s all good.

19 pages would suggest different. 

jambopilms
2 hours ago, Dazo said:

Not everyone in any workplace unfortunately gives 100%. AH was a limited player but his effort, work rate and professionalism meant his career probably overachieved his ability. He was clearly a good guy to have about the place but his time is now over. Why should his attributes be acknowledged and thank him for his time ? 

For some reason you would rather bitterly put him down. Says more about you then AH to be honest. 

My point is he didn't give 100% every game and no more than most players ever did.

It's just a random statement that been blindly repeated by loads of folk with no real justification. Same as the Naismith is a born winner nonsense 

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's a lazy observation,  same folk label guys like Beni and Mckay Lazy, probably Shankland at points as well.

Just fans not really having anything tangible to pick out.

Halliday will go with my best wishes, been a decent squad player for us and gave us a few cracking moments. He has a few more years of football in him, he needs games

Won't miss his rangers cheerleading and his wage will be freed up so a win/win.

I'm not the same folk 🤷‍♂️ 

Tangible - he's slow, unenthusiastic in tracking back, can't tackle, isn't competitive in headers. He's not a great passer and isn't going to go past anyone.

I do think he'd be a good 10 for Dunfermline or something though. I like him much more as an attacker where he can drift about, but he's not at the level we need for that position.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

You've pished your frillies more than anyone else on the topic!

19 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

My point is he didn't give 100% every game and no more than most players ever did.

It's just a random statement that been blindly repeated by loads of folk with no real justification. Same as the Naismith is a born winner nonsense 

I disagree and think he gave his all. Ability starting to get in the way of that effort though and he has toiled. I’m not singling him out though and plenty players also give their all. This is a thread about him though and although you may disagree I think his work rate and effort were a big part of his attributes. No one is making out he is some sort of superstar because of this and it’s nothing more than a pat on the back and thanks for your effort. 

HopeDiouf
13 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

69 posts to tell everyone how much he doesn't care :)

Pistol1874
54 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

19 pages would suggest different. 

Ah. 

At what page count are those involved in any given debate designated as ‘pant wetters’ and are both sides so designated, or just the one you disagree with?

😂

23 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

I haven't, but it's a good soundbite and will get the usual mob agreeing with you. Job done in that respect. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

I haven't, but it's a good soundbite and will get the usual mob agreeing with you. Job done in that respect. 

Screenshot_20240116-1135542.thumb.png.de2267cc81d90eb6fb8110229cb0c961.png

10 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

69 posts to tell everyone how much he doesn't care :)

Yip. Pretty much all of my posts have been telling the pearl clutchers to get a grip, it's only words on a podcast.👍

Hopefully he goes as we are paying a wage for absolutely no reason. 
Never rated him slow as hell and very unfit.