Odel Offiah

Walter Bishop

16 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It's not serious anyway. Usually turns out to be a bit of a damp squid!

Never seen a dry squid….

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• davemclaren

• feej

• Ricardo Quaresma

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Injuries are getting worse, Lowry has lost both his arms, see in this video at 0:09 🤪

An armless bit of fun 😉

Hagar the Horrible
18 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It's not serious anyway. Usually turns out to be a bit of a damp squid!

Never ever use fish to ignite your fireworks squibs are better 

This was posted on Twitter earlier - the post said it was taken at today’s training session. Looks like Odel is back and healthy 🙏 

FA31B039-9C7D-4F89-9670-79C381C5813F.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Heart&soul said:

This was posted on Twitter earlier - the post said it was taken at today’s training session. Looks like Odel is back and healthy 🙏 

FA31B039-9C7D-4F89-9670-79C381C5813F.jpeg

Good to see him back. 

Who's the #35 next to him 😁 

Just now, HMFC01 said:

Good to see him back. 

Who's the #35 next to him 😁 

I believe that’s young Makenzie Kirk - he trained with the 1st team squad today. 

7 minutes ago, Heart&soul said:

I believe that’s young Makenzie Kirk - he trained with the 1st team squad today. 

He's been scoring well this season in the B's

• 2 weeks later...

Nice article about him in the evening news saying he is all good now and I especially enjoyed this quote from him……

“It’s a big rivalry and, when I came up here, that’s the first thing you are told: ‘Don’t wear green’,” smiled the imposing Offiah, speaking exclusively to the Evening News. “I did listen. I haven’t worn green. All my green stuff got chucked out.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, thegreatsd said:

Nice article about him in the evening news saying he is all good now and I especially enjoyed this quote from him……

“It’s a big rivalry and, when I came up here, that’s the first thing you are told: ‘Don’t wear green’,” smiled the imposing Offiah, speaking exclusively to the Evening News. “I did listen. I haven’t worn green. All my green stuff got chucked out.

This a rare moment from me, but I've really not been that impressed, he lacks hustle for me.

31 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

This a rare moment from me, but I've really not been that impressed, he lacks hustle for me.

I don’t think anyone has been that impressed to be honest. 

Get him at right back with Toby ahead of him rather than the other way round. 

Sadly with Halks, Gordon, Cochran and Atkinson out, we’re a bit patchwork at the back. 

Watt-Zeefuik
39 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

I agree but he's a CH/FB combo who's gotten played at RWB. I think he's yet another player who'd be best at outside CH in a back 3, which is fine except that we seem to have an abundance of those.

• 1 month later...
RustyRightPeg

Now set to be out for some time according to Naismith. 

When do we cut our losses here and send him back? Nobodies fault, but it isn’t worth the risk in my eyes. 

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

When do we cut our losses here and send him back? Nobodies fault, but it isn’t worth the risk in my eyes. 

We won’t be paying a penny for him because of his medical situation.  Only important thing is the young guys health. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We won’t be paying a penny for him because of his medical situation.  Only important thing is the young guys health. 

yup. 

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

This. 

Hope he’s ok!

RustyRightPeg
13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Oh without a doubt. But this is evidently underlying, and pre Hearts. 

I’m not fussed about how much we’re paying. If we’re being told he’s good to go and continually breaking down, through no fault of his own I might add we should be asking questions of Brightons doctors, no?

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Back to Brighton in January I'd imagine. Shame for the boy. 

No mention of what the problem is this time! Anyone know if it Is it a recurrence of the problem he had the last time he went back to Brighton or something else?

Unfortunately his loan hasn't really worked out, mainly due to health/fitness issues. Nothing against Offiah but can we not just go out and buy a suitably experienced RB in January? Or at least get somebody tied down on a pre-contract. We've let Smith go, had both Hill and Offiah in on loans, neither have been a success. We only have the injured Atkinson for that position, decent enough but a bit of an egg shell both mentally and physically IMHO. 

How many more seasons do we have to suffer with these problem areas repeatedly not being addressed? 

A RB and another no nonsense CB, both experienced, are required. Again!! 

6 minutes ago, .hmfc. said:

I’ve heard that he has now had 6 fainting incidents during training. 

Reminds me very much of the Wilf Slack situation if true. I hope it's nothing like as serious.

31 minutes ago, .hmfc. said:

I’ve heard that he has now had 6 fainting incidents during training. 

Poppadum wrists used to have that many during a game.

Everyone needs to remember this is someone's personal private health record here - we dont need to know what's wrong with him beyond that he's unavailable and for how long.

57 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Feel for the lad and hope he’s okay. 

But feel for us, another signing not working out in a position we desperately need someone in. 

Exactly feel for the lad but how was this not flagged , has it just suddenly started since he came here or is this an ongoing problem, it just makes me think that Savage is a kid on merchant his signings have been very underwhelming,

Pasquale for King

Hopefully hes ok and he should be back down there getting test’s etc. 

We need to move on though and have a RB ready to come in asap for January, whether thats a loan or a transfer deal. 

Hope he is ok, but **** me this is another bad signing isn't it.

We really need to catch a break soon.

Edited by i8hibsh

RustyRightPeg
10 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Exactly feel for the lad but how was this not flagged , has it just suddenly started since he came here or is this an ongoing problem, it just makes me think that Savage is a kid on merchant his signings have been very underwhelming,

How is a medical condition Savage’s fault 😂😂 is he a trained doctor now as well

8 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

How is a medical condition Savage’s fault 😂😂 is he a trained doctor now as well

Did he check the guys medical history which should be done , checking medical problems is part of his job as you don’t want landed with someone who’s never off the physios table , I’m just saying it’s very strange how this seems to have surfaced since he joined us 

I hope Odel is going to be okay, genuinely feel for the guy.

As others have suggested, we should go for Strain of St Mirren, maybe someone can tell me, is his contract running out at St Mirren ?

RustyRightPeg
35 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Did he check the guys medical history which should be done , checking medical problems is part of his job as you don’t want landed with someone who’s never off the physios table , I’m just saying it’s very strange how this seems to have surfaced since he joined us 

Do you honestly think Brighton would hide that from us? You’re full of shite what a stupid thing to say. 

Brick Tamland
7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Do you honestly think Brighton would hide that from us? You’re full of shite what a stupid thing to say. 

Beat me to it. 

44 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

As others have suggested, we should go for Strain of St Mirren, maybe someone can tell me, is his contract running out at St Mirren ?

last i heard he's end of contract at the end of this season. Id have him in a heartbeat

Just now, TyphoonJambo said:

last i heard he's end of contract at the end of this season. Id have him in a heartbeat

Thanks TJ , we should put it across to his agent that we would be interested, unless he’s looking for a move down south, then, it would be a moot point as we can’t compete wage wise.

That's a shame for Oddel as he looks a great player and exactly what we need. I'd imagine we will cut our losses with him now and hopefully a defensive right back is top of our wish list in the January transfer window. 

Someone mentioned Handa on here and I'm sure Savage said at the shareholder dinner that he's still someone we've got our eye on. 

We need to bring someone in as Atkinson and sibbick aren't the answer.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jamboozy said:

He and Baccus have said they are leaving at the end of the season, would imagine it will be to somewhere for more money than we can offer probably.

These guys have shown they will go anywhere to make a living so they could go anywhere then.

I hope it’s not Handa we are going in for to cover at RB. He will be another one that will need 6 months to a year to settle. 

We need someone in who is ready to play in this league or bring in someone from the academy. 

Poor guy must be absolutely gutted with how things are going right now, this was his chance to show what he can do and put himself in position for a place in Brightons matchday squads but it’s turned into a nightmare and it’s nobody’s fault.

Firstly hope the medics at Brighton get to the bottom of whatever keeps causing his problems, most important thing is his health. For Hearts it’s yet another example of us not being able to catch a ****ing break in a position where we really needed cover.

Time for an academy graduate? Nothing to lose at this point…

25 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

That's a shame for Oddel as he looks a great player and exactly what we need. I'd imagine we will cut our losses with him now and hopefully a defensive right back is top of our wish list in the January transfer window. 

Someone mentioned Handa on here and I'm sure Savage said at the shareholder dinner that he's still someone we've got our eye on. 

We need to bring someone in as Atkinson and sibbick aren't the answer.

Natty’s barely put a foot wrong since about march, we could really do with him being fit atm. Sibbick deffo not however.

25 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Natty’s barely put a foot wrong since about march, we could really do with him being fit atm. Sibbick deffo not however.

He's good going forward, Natty, but not good enough defensively for me. Leaves too much room for attackers and makes too many mistakes.

2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Who knows but strange as soon as he comes up here he has medical episodes, it’s just another part of the shitshow that has been evident recently 

20 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

He's good going forward, Natty, but not good enough defensively for me. Leaves too much room for attackers and makes too many mistakes.

Yep, a bit of an enigma. 50% a strength and 50% a weakness. 

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

+1. The lengths folk will go with agendas is embarrassing. Plenty of other threads for that

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Odel Offiah