Stephen Robinson

Leveins Battalion

Leveins Battalion

Cut the bullshit,back to basics and get him in this week.

I'd go as far to say his scouting network is better than Savages.

Go pick up the phone and get him tonight. 

This is the man  

You don’t need to be pep to make it in Scottish football. 

understand basics  

work hard. 
Get’s most out of his players. 

his teams do that. 

the players and facilities he would have at hearts is more than he’s ever had. 

splits opinion but it’s a yes for me 

Fitzroy Pointon

Wouldn't be adverse to it and wasn't when his name was bandied about after Neilson was sacked. However he would he wouldn't be a popular appointment. 

I think he'll end up at Hibs anyway. They love all things St Mirren. 

5 minutes ago, Scott980612 said:

This is the man  

understand basics  

work hard. 

his teams do that. 

This is it nobody that is beating is doing anything earth shattering just simple basic football but it's making us look a ****ing shambles 

He wouldn't work with Savage and his recruitment. He's not a yes man. Savage is the biggest part of the problem, he's enjoyed a free ride for long enough.

Savage out.

4 minutes ago, pointon said:

He won’t fit in with Budge and her cronies 

That's the problem.  She wants a nice lap dog that won't rock the boat.

Robinson would do that.  Get him in now.

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Not for me

We’re a big club and our manager should reflect that 

Someone from outside Scotland 

Who the **** is wanting to come to Hearts with this current set up. Its soft as shite.

Basket case. 

4 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Wouldn't be adverse to it and wasn't when his name was bandied about after Neilson was sacked. However he would he wouldn't be a popular appointment. 

I think he'll end up at Hibs anyway. They love all things St Mirren. 

If Robinson goes to H1b5, they'll be finishing above us, that's for sure.

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Not for me

That means **** all imo.Sorry to be so forthright with it but honestly look what does well in Scotland we need some of that.Europe I'm long giving up on that that's a Scottish football problem.Right now we need someone who gets Scotland.

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Kettlewell ?

All of Robinson, McInnes and Kettlewell would be doing far better jobs with our squad than Tweedledum and Tweedledee.

14 minutes ago, Scott980612 said:

This is the man  

understand basics  

work hard. 

his teams do that. 

Agree

We’d have been as well keeping Neilson if we appoint Robinson. 

If that Savage wasn’t ripping the piss out of us he’d have found us a better manager by now. 

Just now, Luckies1874 said:

All of Robinson, McInnes and Kettlewell would be doing far better jobs with our squad than Tweedledum and Tweedledee.

All would be an upgrade on the imposters in charge 

It seems expectations have been tempered to the point where any ***** with badges and can set up a team in the SPL could do a better job and I wouldn't disagree. 

Mis-managed since Levein wee bit progress with RN until he Leveind,Club is stuck in a malaise caused by folk who don’t understand the requirements of the club.Firstly Mens team comes first and *** anything else until that’s sorted.

22 minutes ago, Scott980612 said:

This is the man  

understand basics  

work hard. 

his teams do that. 

ditto, changes now...

16 minutes ago, Yoda said:

That's the problem.  She wants a nice lap dog that won't rock the boat.

Robinson would do that.  Get him in now.

Big problem with all our recent managers (with exception to stendel) they’re all far far too chummy with the board 

20 minutes ago, pointon said:

He won’t fit in with Budge and her cronies 

We won't get anyone who upsets the applecart. Budge goes, the board go, get ONE board to run the entire operation and then we might get somewhere. The present model is cumbersome and full of nodding heads. They maybe don't get a salary, but there are plenty perks along with the prestige.

2 minutes ago, stevie said:

Mis-managed since Levein wee bit progress with RN until he Leveind,Club is stuck in a malaise caused by folk who don’t understand the requirements of the club.Firstly Mens team comes first and *** anything else until that’s sorted.

Don't think the Womens team have anything to do with the state of the mens team.

The most alarming thing to consider, is that whilst Stephen Robinson may or may not be good enough to manage Hearts, the simple fact is that Stephen Robinson is so much better at managing a football team than Steven Naismith the comparison itself if almost laughable.

31 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Not for me

Like we are some Billy big balls club in Europe and they will be clambering for the job? 

gavinderbayne

I wish we'd gone with him some time ago. People continue to waft their delusions around that we are some how bigger than Scottish football. We are average. Bang average. Bring in a manager that can at least win games on a consistent basis. This attitude of looking for high profile managers to take us to the next level blah blah blah. It's a load o' sheite. Basic manager to play basic football well. That's all.  European pedigree not required. Just a desire to play and win games. In the meantime we go with yet another experiment that is doomed to failure so that we can have another insanely expensive rebuild next season as it turns out all the signings are duds. Pfft.

I'm already done with this season and that's shockingly bad to admit only a few weeks in!

23 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Totally it's not earth shattering what these guys are doing.These guys we employ seem to overthink and complicate everything

McEvoy & Savage, mix them together and you get a Saveloy , a pair of sausages 😏.

Get rid of this pair of the wage thieves pronto. You will not have a successful football team until we get rid of the auld pals network.

12 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Like we are some Billy big balls club in Europe and they will be clambering for the job? 

We have, briefly been in European competition the last couple of seasons 

Advertise job

Appoint candidate with a vision, philosophy and desire to make us better

Not a committee

Not a trainee

A manager. The best we can afford 

51 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Not for me

You need to get a grounding first, bud.  

Set a tone, a level again.  Then in time you see you are ready to move onto something better….then again, how long have we been saying that?

I remember years ago on here people taking about Hearts needing a younger, newer, manager with modern ideas.   

Jim Jefferies is still standing as the best manager in the last 25, maybe more, years.  

Edited by Debut 4

57 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Not for me

He’s Irish? 😉 And a good manager, far better than what we have!

Just now, Debut 4 said:

You need to get a grounding first, bud.  

Set a tone, a level again.  Then in tiem you see you are ready to move onto something better….then again, how long have we been saying that?

I remember years ago on here people taking about Hearts needing a younger, newer, manager with modern ideas.   

Jim Jefferies is still standing as the best manager in the last 25, maybe more, years.  

It seems to me that, pretty much EVERY team we play are quicker, fitter, stronger, work harder and fight more than we do. 
We’ve needed a foot on the ball, turn and run at teams defender since lord knows when and have consistently failed to address that area.

We have a 20 gosls a season striker for the first time in years who seems to be playing in midfield 

Id love a manager who could actually improve players and could manage in games. Change tactics etc

Im not convinced by any current SPL managers wouldn’t see us back here in a season or two 

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

It seems to me that, pretty much EVERY team we play are quicker, fitter, stronger, work harder and fight more than we do. 
We’ve needed a foot on the ball, turn and run at teams defender since lord knows when and have consistently failed to address that area.

We have a 20 gosls a season striker for the first time in years who seems to be playing in midfield 

Id love a manager who could actually improve players and could manage in games. Change tactics etc

Im not convinced by any current SPL managers wouldn’t see us back here in a season or two 

Totally agree mate.  We looked weak today. 

3 minutes ago, The Merse said:

We need a big change asap.

Robinson has always felt way beneath us but he’d do right now.

I’d be going all out for Chris Wilder.

Right now we’d need to convince Robinson to leave St Mirren, and come to come to hearts 

This is where we are. 

Proven manager in Scotland and bring some much needed stability back. 

Naismith and co experiment isn’t and will not work. 

The Hogfather

Doing well with a club that has no expectations is completely different to managing one with a demanding fanbase. 

See Goodwin at Aberdeen. 

There is a guy who plays a similar style and is a much better coach imo sitting at home doing feck all - Chris Wilder 👍🏻 should have appointed him in the first place.

4 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Doing well with a club that has no expectations is completely different to managing one with a demanding fanbase. 

See Goodwin at Aberdeen. 

Goodwin moved far too early he was pretty much a rookie himself ego got the better of him accepting the Aberdeen job 

28 minutes ago, on&up2017 said:

He’s Irish? 😉 And a good manager, far better than what we have!

Mate Robbie was better than what we have

There has to be better than him however if he applies and is the best candidate who applies then fair do’s

Personally would rather have McInnes. He at least has shown he knows how to build a team who can sustain a challenge for 2nd/ 3rd.

Robinson has done a great job at St Mirren but he just strikes me as someone who prefers being an underdog.

10 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Personally would rather have McInnes. He at least has shown he knows how to build a team who can sustain a challenge for 2nd/ 3rd.

Robinson has done a great job at St Mirren but he just strikes me as someone who prefers being an underdog.

And hearts are not an underdog against old firm?

Just now, Hood09 said:

And hearts are not an underdog against old firm?

I would rather walk before we can run. We’re so far from challenging the old firm I would rather deal with both Aberdeen and Hibs first.

Make third outs and then push on from there.