UK air traffic control up the creek

highlandjambo3

highlandjambo3

From today (a short while ago), technical hitch apparently.  What’s the betting it’s just the UK.

Anyone travelling in the next few days?

Im off to Canada next week……better be sorted 🤬

Twitter full of pictures from peoples plan seats across Europe unable to take off or get off their planes and no idea when they might get on their way. Great fun.

Harry Potter
17 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Twitter full of pictures from peoples plan seats across Europe unable to take off or get off their planes and no idea when they might get on their way. Great fun.

Oh dear sounds like a very serious problem.😕.

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Maybe our game in Greece will be cancelled!

I would have thought they might be heading out Wednesday but it could be tomorrow I suppose.  Backlog and aircraft displacement may well be a big problem.  

Meant to fly out of Edinburgh this afternoon. Ryanair saying its only going to be 15 mins but I know the inbound Aircraft took off 2 hrs late. Is there an issue arriving at the airport close to the original take off time if you know it will be Kate or do they need to log you going through the security barriers a certain tik3 before the flight for you to be allowed on the flight, irrespective of delay?

6 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Meant to fly out of Edinburgh this afternoon. Ryanair saying its only going to be 15 mins but I know the inbound Aircraft took off 2 hrs late. Is there an issue arriving at the airport close to the original take off time if you know it will be Kate or do they need to log you going through the security barriers a certain tik3 before the flight for you to be allowed on the flight, irrespective of delay?

I'd reccomend just following your airlines advice. Even if it is Ryanair.

14 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Might already be a plane in Edinburgh they'll use instead if another flight it was intended for is cancelled. Easier to cancel some flights and get things back on track than to have a constant knock on effect.

That thing you do

Not surprised. One of my best pals is in IT at the NATS centre in Swanick.

Wondered how long it would take for him to put bugs in the system after numerous weekend benders in Bournemouth.

Now I know. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Genuinely, I'm texting him now asking wtf he's pressed

Edited by That thing you do

10 minutes ago, kila said:

Might already be a plane in Edinburgh they'll use instead if another flight it was intended for is cancelled. Easier to cancel some flights and get things back on track than to have a constant knock on effect.

Fair point. Better get my arse out of the pub and on to the airport bus then!!

henrysmithsgloves
3 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

From today (a short while ago), technical hitch apparently.  What’s the betting it’s just the UK.

Anyone travelling in the next few days?

Im off to Canada next week……better be sorted 🤬

https://www.tiso.com/eawsc4ti0103/verano-cancan16-inflat-unisex-green-eawsc4ti0103/00212770/?msclkid=6332e155aac11895df2e85b91c42420b

Had 4 flights to and out of EDI last week alone, all delayed minimum of 2 hrs.

This isnt a new thing.

Flights are (almost) always delayed out of Edinburgh.

Even British Airways.

You can’t rely on anything these days.

The cheaper the flights, the harder it is for airlines to get a slot.

Harry Potter
10 hours ago, Morgan said:

Flights are (almost) always delayed out of Edinburgh.

Even British Airways.

You can’t rely on anything these days.

The cheaper the flights, the harder it is for airlines to get a slot.

Your 3rd sentence sums it up, wonder if folk will be compensated.😕.

Fly home from Tenerife on Wednesday so far fight on time. We thought  about moving the flight to next week however the fees and charges would cost us about £200 so we will hang of rebooking and see if EasyJet cancel our flight and we can change it at no cost. Thankfully we have our own apartment here and a neighbour has offered to pick us up if there’s a long delay. Wife has informed her work that she may not be in on Friday. Still hot here and the beer is cold 😎🍺 happy to stay a bit longer. 

Edited by Imaman
Spelling

37 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Fly home from Tenerife on Wednesday so far fight on time. We thought  about moving the flight to next week however the fees and charges would cost us about £200 so we will hang of rebooking and see if EasyJet cancel our flight and we can change it at no cost. Thankfully we have our own apartment here and a neighbour has offered to pick us up if there’s a long delay. Wife has informed her work that she may not be in on Friday. Still hot here and the beer is cold 😎🍺 happy to stay a bit longer. 

my flight back from Tenerife was delayed by just short of 2 hours the other week and again it was down to a delay in the earlier outbound flight from the UK.

The Burger King was like Dawn of the Dead 

11 minutes ago, Jeff said:

The Burger King was like Dawn of the Dead 

We always take our own food with us to the airport now at both ends. 

Edited by Imaman

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Imaman said:

I feel your pain.

🍺🍺🍺🍺👍

Running at full pelt and tight schedules it's surprising it doesn't happen more.

Actually very well ran the infrastructure of Airways.

Malinga the Swinga

Flew to Copenhagen today and expected long delay. Turned out to be 10 minutes late for take off so happy enough with that.