Midfield Maestro!!

innerjambo

5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Sibbick in there for me. 

He is the same as all the others. Defensive. He should also be CB ahead of Rowles for me.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mr fox

• innerjambo

• A_A wehatethehibs

• Jackhmfc1348

This is a big priority for me, before the window slams shut. Get a midfielder who can keep possession, play a pass, start an attack, and generally excel in that position.  The amount of balls we waste, pass back or get caught in possession, is criminal.

Give me a Bruno Aguiar please 🙏, and we can step up a level. Not easy, I understand, but we managed it before. 

52 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Sibbick looks decent in midfield 

No, he is a defender when we need creativity not shoehorning in a defensive player.

GorgieFifeLife
50 minutes ago, mr fox said:

Watch what you’re saying people on here think its good out midfield …. Bunch of clueless clowns 

Aye watch out, you will get told your never a Jambo if you criticise the midfield.

A_A wehatethehibs
42 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Grant bombed out when needing a centre mid

Folk used to slaughter Robbie for treating players like that 

2 minutes ago, Jackhmfc1348 said:

Realistically we’re not getting a new CM think the problem is the CM partnerships 

Who you playing there then out of interest? Every one of our CMs is the same IMO. All safety first no one breaking lines and looking forward.

We really miss composure in the middle of the pitch, Beni had that in abundance prior to his injury and may well return to that form but as others have said we can't stand still and wait for that. We absolutely need to go out and sign a centre mid ASAP.

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Folk used to slaughter Robbie for treating players like that 

Grant isn't the answer, if he left tomorrow all I'd remember of him was ruining our opportunity against Zurich. Done nothing positive in a hearts shirt.

Jackhmfc1348
2 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

Who you playing there then out of interest? Every one of our CMs is the same IMO. All safety first no one breaking lines and looking forward.

Denholm and devlin 

and that’s everything nienhoff is supposed to be why’s he not getting any chances

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, Gordon_1874 said:

Grant isn't the answer, if he left tomorrow all I'd remember of him was ruining our opportunity against Zurich. Done nothing positive in a hearts shirt.

Not “the answer” but would have been a better shout than Cochrane in midfield tonight. To be bombed out the squad for a left back to blunder his way about cluelessly at CM, every 2nd touch a tackle. That’s Neilson style man management. But obviously his face doesn’t fit and they want shot of him so that’ll be that. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Neuwenhof clearly must not be anywhere near good enough, not trusted. 

I thought I heard or read someone say he took a knock in training or against thistle? Not sure though.

Just now, Jackhmfc1348 said:

Denholm and devlin 

and that’s everything nienhoff is supposed to be why’s he not getting any chances

Denholm isn’t good enough IMO. I’d place a large amount he’ll never play at a higher level than us.

Corstorphine Jambo

Out of all our centre midfielders, there simply isn’t one forward thinking player. With the exception of perhaps Lowry - who we’ve not seen an awful lot of central but I can say he looks lost out on the left. 
It’s something that has frustrated me for a while - and with only a few days left in the transfer window, probably the same again this season.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Corstorphine Jambo said:

Out of all our centre midfielders, there simply isn’t one forward thinking player. With the exception of perhaps Lowry - who we’ve not seen an awful lot of central but I can say he looks lost out on the left. 
It’s something that has frustrated me for a while - and with only a few days left in the transfer window, probably the same again this season.

I think we might need to play Lowry in there, maybe not next Thursday, but he can see a pass and Is a bit slow to play wide. 

Need to start playing 3 in there. Go back to basics. 

A destroyer type as a number 6 who can spray the ball to the more technical players. 

A box to box number 8 who is going to score 5+ league goals a season. Ideally 6-10.

A creative midfielder number 10 who gets closer to double digits in both goals and assists. 

Jackhmfc1348
4 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

Denholm isn’t good enough IMO. I’d place a large amount he’ll never play at a higher level than us.

Harsh played brilliantly last Thursday and when he’s came on in games 

hearts 4 the cup
14 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

This is a big priority for me, before the window slams shut. Get a midfielder who can keep possession, play a pass, start an attack, and generally excel in that position.  The amount of balls we waste, pass back or get caught in possession, is criminal.

Give me a Bruno Aguiar please 🙏, and we can step up a level. Not easy, I understand, but we managed it before. 

Haha, was going to post the same about Bruno. A player of his ilk would be ideal, but not cheap sadly. Or a first season Larry Kingston!

Pasquale for King

Its a real problem, made worse by having to play Beni too soon and  Haring playing too much. 
We are changing who plays there every match and none of the pairings have really worked yet. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Jackhmfc1348 said:

That’s a stretch. He survived, stayed afloat and competed. Very fortunate some bad errors went unpunished 

Jackhmfc1348
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

That’s a stretch. He survived, stayed afloat and competed. Very fortunate some bad errors went unpunished 

One bad error that led to nothing

6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Not “the answer” but would have been a better shout than Cochrane in midfield tonight. To be bombed out the squad for a left back to blunder his way about cluelessly at CM, every 2nd touch a tackle. That’s Neilson style man management. But obviously his face doesn’t fit and they want shot of him so that’ll be that. 

I agree with playing Cochrane at CM, that was a shocking idea. Personally though I think we need 3 in the middle of the pitch. Devlin sitting between the defence and 2 central midfielders in front of him. Obviously they don't rate Connor Smith but whenever I've seen him in his short cameo's I though he's deserved more of a run in the side.

5 minutes ago, Jackhmfc1348 said:

We’ll see but the fact he wasn’t trusted tonight says a lot for me. We played a LB in CM ahead of him.

22 minutes ago, Gordon_1874 said:

We really miss composure in the middle of the pitch, Beni had that in abundance prior to his injury and may well return to that form but as others have said we can't stand still and wait for that. We absolutely need to go out and sign a centre mid ASAP.

100% we do and I hope it’s happening or we are struggling.

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Would like to see Hoff play against Dundee, if not injured obviously? 

I think he is either not up to the pace yet, or he’s just plain wank, and they are attempting to keep fans off his back as long as possible. 

9 minutes ago, hearts 4 the cup said:

Haha, was going to post the same about Bruno. A player of his ilk would be ideal, but not cheap sadly. Or a first season Larry Kingston!

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I like Devlin's energy, but he doesn't have that extra skill required, to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Beni was that man, but is now an injury liability. 

20 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

Not many players we ever have play at a higher level than us.

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

I feel it’s similar to how Neilson used midfielders and wide men. (Before anyone says, Hearts look better now, imo)

I just think we still look too much to the wide players for creation but we desperately need someone who can do that in midfield. Someone who can run and pass.  Not playing a wide player centrally, or a young player in Lowry who’ll only play now and again. 

We need a fixture in there or change it to a natural middle 3 when it’s more  fitting to play from who we have now.  

Thought we degraded slowly to too many long balls tonight because of this problem.  

Nailed on it has to be a 3 unless we recruit. So many partnerships not worked all very similar players. 

2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I like Devlin's energy, but he doesn't have that extra skill required, to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Beni was that man, but is now an injury liability. 

Devlin runs about a good sitting midfielder. He is never going to dictate a game it’s a Bruno player we need. 

The Old Tolbooth

We’re absolutely crying out for a midfield playmaker, so devoid of ideas in there at times that it’s quite embarrassing, Savage, sort it out! 

Rocky jamboa

We've been crying put for a proper creative central midfielder for years! Djoum is the last one I can think of. Don't understand why the club haven't addressed it. Someone to put their foot on the ball, spray passes around, create chances, and chip in with a few goals. An Aguiar or Derek Ferguson type player.

43 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Neuwenhof clearly must not be anywhere near good enough, not trusted. 

Worrying signs.  

I think we need to move a couple on and sign someone. I don’t think we will but I am pretty demoralised looking at what we have in that position. 

Diadora Van Basten

We shot ourself in the foot again tonight picking Cochrane in centre midfield. Like most full backs he can’t play on the turn and as a result we couldn’t get on the front foot. Denholm or Niewinhof would have been better options.

We need to get rid of a few before bringing new anything in, we must have 30 players in the squad now, far too many. For attacking central midfield we already have Hof, Grant, Lowry. Defending midfielders are also plentiful with Devlin, Denholm, Haring, Beni, Halliday and possibly Sibbick. I make that 9 players for only two places in the team which is unsustainable.

We can’t afford to have so many players plus you can’t keep them all happy. Grant didn’t even make the cut of 25 for euro games, can’t imagine him being happy with that.

54 minutes ago, hearts 4 the cup said:

First season Larry Kingston... 🤤. Absolute baller. Second season Larry Kingston.... Not so much 😬

49 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

If Jorge Grant is the answer then you’re asking the wrong question.

Think Grant has been treated shockingly (unless there's something significant we don't know). Don't mind Grant there's a player in there and a more attacking one at that.

Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

I've gave up on Beni tbh. We need to punt Forrest, Halliday and Grant and sign a midfielder, even on loan.

Hopefully you're wrong about Beni, but spot on with the other 3.

Hoff not even making the squad must be a worry. Denholm looks a prospect but then so did Harry Cochrane and we know how that went. Toby in midfield seems to be a no brainer? Boy just runs and runs