• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mr fox

• soonbe110

• A_A wehatethehibs

• Jackhmfc1348

Top Posters In This Topic

Leveins Battalion

I think our new recruitments look really good,Offiah looks a class act,Vargas I love.

But we are 2 and a half seasons into Joe Savages tenure and we are playing a left back at centre midfield,cmon man play the game.

God forbid anything happens to Shankland bywbor we will benright up Dawson's Creek.

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I think our new recruitments look really good,Offiah looks a class act,Vargas I love.

But we are 2 and a half seasons into Joe Savages tenure and we are playing a left back at centre midfield,cmon man play the game.

God forbid anything happens to Shankland bywbor we will benright up Dawson's Creek.

Levein tactics playing people out of position.

4 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

We desperately need one. Right now, we cannot control the midfield. 

Exactly - the lack of someone who can put his foot on the ball and play passes with all to evident tonight.  Two ball winners in the centre of midfield might be ok in most SPFL games, but in these European gamers you need someone who can make chances for the forwards, we lacked that in spades tonight.

7 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Watch what you’re saying people on here think its good out midfield …. Bunch of clueless clowns 

2 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Sibbick looks decent in midfield 

Agree but we need a midfielder that can take the ball and control a game. We don’t have anyone that can do this. 

indianajones
1 minute ago, mr fox said:

Watch what you’re saying people on here think its good out midfield …. Bunch of clueless clowns 

You need to go to bed.

Devlin is first pick but he needs a playmaker beside him not another ball winning mid. We need a Pirlo type, someone that can ping it. 

8 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Sibbick looks decent in midfield 

that says more about our midfield options than it does about sibbick

Just now, Newton51 said:

Grant bombed out when needing a centre mid

Totally agree, I feel he would have been the better option alongside cammy seeing as hof wasn't playing.

13 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We are playing a left back in centre midfield because we have two quality left backs who really dont deserve to be on the bench. It's not ideal and sometimes hard decisions need to be made by management.

indianajones
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Devlin is first pick but he needs a playmaker beside him not another ball winning mid. We need a Pirlo type, someone that can ping it. 

Just posted in the Boyce thread...

Maybe Boyce is the answer here? With Cochrane starting ahead of McKay he can be used as some sort of inverted CM when required?

**** knows. Im not a football manager but its an interesting thought. 

Move to a diamond, with Boyce playing just behind a strike pairing of Shanks and Tagawa with either Sibbick or Haring as defensive mid?

Not much point continuing to have two shite midfielders that don't contribute anything.

16 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

But it's not JS fault Cochrane was played there, it is the coaches. Hoff and Grant not even in the squad, yet 2 teenagers are. That is RN thinking.

9 minutes ago, mr fox said:

Agree but we need a midfielder that can take the ball and control a game. We don’t have anyone that can do this. 

totally agree. The amount of times we passed it along the back and didn’t have any options. Went long and it came straight back. Repeat. Boyce did much better than Shankland at holding it up and linking play. When he went off, we had nothing. Haring and Beni need to get fit and in the team 

I feel it’s similar to how Neilson used midfielders and wide men. (Before anyone says, Hearts look better now, imo)

I just think we still look too much to the wide players for creation but we desperately need someone who can do that in midfield. Someone who can run and pass.  Not playing a wide player centrally, or a young player in Lowry who’ll only play now and again. 

We need a fixture in there or change it to a natural middle 3 when it’s more  fitting to play from who we have now.  

Thought we degraded slowly to too many long balls tonight because of this problem.  

Sibbick is not the answer. We don’t need another ball winner, we need someone who can control the game, take the ball in difficult situations and keep it.

colinmorewasgash
24 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I concur needed one for a while mr savage we dont need anymore wingers now a midfielder of ability not an aussie or 2nd div english never was and still think we should hve got a big striker with presence and bit pace to take the heat off us lots of other clubs in league like mwell  stmirren livvy have that option we don't.

8 minutes ago, jackal said:

We are playing a left back in centre midfield because we have two quality left backs who really dont deserve to be on the bench. It's not ideal and sometimes hard decisions need to be made by management.

While I agree that they're both top quality I would have preferred for Cochrane to play on the left of a four where he and Kingsley could get in tandem with each other so that one of them was always covering. Failing that we should be playing one if them and asking them to burst a gut for 50/55 minutes and then bringing on the other one to finish the game. Would give us great energy for the whole game down the left side of the pitch.

2 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

When Beni and Haring are fit they will start 

Seems highly improbable they will often be fit at the same time. 

29 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Going into a game with €3.5m with a Cochrane in midfield is an absolute shocker. That's Kio, Grant and now apparently Hoff who aren't up to it. We need a partner for Devlin ASAP !

4 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Yeah that’s the problem. It probably aint happening. 

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Going into a game with €3.5m with a Cochrane in midfield is an absolute shocker. That's Kio, Grant and now apparently Hoff who aren't up to it. We need a partner for Devlin ASAP !

Thought denholm deserved it after pefotnmance last week

4 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Ahead of Devlin?! Him, Shankland and potentially Kent are the only players who look that they are comfortable at this level. 

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, feej said:

Same comments made by McCann and Stewart, midfield is a problem, playmaker required.

Someone who can execute a 10 yard forward  pass consistently, would improve us overnight.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Surely they can see that and address it quickly. I think we look decent, a midfielder and a centre back to replace Rowles and then we'll be done.

8 minutes ago, feej said:

Same comments made by McCann and Stewart, midfield is a problem, playmaker required.

Yes - it was so obvious tonight that we were lightweight in midfield and the frustrating thing is that had we managed to get more of the ball to Boyce, Vargas and Shankland we'd definitely have caused them more problems at the back.

Arthur Morgan
5 minutes ago, feej said:

Surely they can see that and address it quickly. I think we look decent, a midfielder and a centre back to replace Rowles and then we'll be done.

We should go all out and get 2 of these in, I agree.

Sibbick did more in his 10 mins than Cochrane did in 85 mins. Utterly baffling playing Cochrane in midfield and even more concerning that they kept him there for pretty much the whole game when it was clear he was lost.

Been saying for a while our Midfield is shocking, constantly out of position, losing the ball in awful situations and not controlling the match. Surely we could spend a few hundred thousand and bring in a half decent centre mid.

Indeed, our front 3 have goals in them, like the look of Vargas, very quick and direct, Boyce and Shanks top players it's just the supply needs sorted. I do hope our our management team can see that.

Fort Vallance
43 minutes ago, Badonde said:

We’ve needed one for years…. No idea why savage and co can’t see that 

Aye cos they're 10 a penny.

Jamboscanbevicius

I know we are trying to give Nieuwenhof time to settle, but I think we need to get him in against the likes of Dundee. He needs to sink or swim

soon. Some have written him off already but he was lauded as an all round playmaker in the mould we seem to be in need of! 

18 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

"Everything will be fine when players X, Y and Z get back from injury" has been our downfall since the Levein days.

There is simply no Plan B.

Just Plan A without the players to put it into action.

We have to adjust the formation and tactics to who's available, not persist in jamming square pegs into round holes. 

22 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Still not addressing the fact we need a playmaker

Pete Elliott
25 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

A really simple 9 word post but it will be far too complex for some to comprehend.