Ticketmaster Frustration - Dundee(a) sold out ( updated )

Highlander

As a 37-year-old technophobe, I suspect I am not the only one scunnered by the ticketing process. 

Can anyone tell me why when I try to order two tickets for me and my son for Dundee away, I am told I am exceeding my client quota?

There are clearly still tickets available. Any help gratefully received.  

7 minutes ago, Highlander said:

As a 37-year-old technophobe, I suspect I am not the only one scunnered by the ticketing process. 

Can anyone tell me why when I try to order two tickets for me and my son for Dundee away, I am told I am exceeding my client quota?

You will need to add your son to your network to buy him a ticket.

Edited by wavydavy

The 'assign' option I presume? It does not appear to work.

Booked several home and away matches last season without a hitch.

First game this year - first time I've had a problem. 

I wanted to buy 3 online for Partick but wasn't allowed to.

Bought the two that I could but they still haven't shown up, as requested, by post.

Luckily, a crash course of help on another thread on Saturday and I managed to transfer the tickets to my phone.

I still can't quite believe I managed it and that it worked at the turnstile. 

😊

1 minute ago, Highlander said:

Yes. Check if your son is there. Are you selecting that you want to buy two tickets on the counter.? You also need to assisgn the type of ticket for example under 13 or Adult, etc.

If it doesn't work then email or phone the ticket office and they will assist. I have had an issue before and they sorted it  for me.

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

I wanted to buy 3 online for Partick but wasn't allowed to.

Bought the two that I could but they still haven't shown up, as requested, by post.

Luckily, a crash course of help on another thread on Saturday and I managed to transfer the tickets to my phone.

I still can't quite believe I managed it and that it worked at the turnstile. 

😊

I think they were limiting it to two per account.

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think they were limiting it to two per account.

They were, davy.

It seemed daft, though, as empty seats were plentiful.

hmfc4life1991
19 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Still not sure why I'm paying for digital delivery every time I order tickets 

It's free... if you mean the extra £1.50, that's a ticketmaster fee 

joondalupjambo
8 hours ago, Highlander said:

I have my son set up on my network as Manage and he has me set up as the same.  When you manage tickets they are all sent to the buyer and where applicable I thought the buyer got awarded all the loyalty points with this setting.

I have a few others on my network and they are all set as assign.  I used to be able to buy tickets for each of them but not done that for a while.  In those cases the tickets were sent to them when I did it that way and also they got their own loyalty points where applicable.  Not sure if that still works but sounds like no from your comment.

Is this not how it all is supposed to work?  I maybe wrong so happy to be corrected if wrong. 

Somebody on here may know more.

1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

I have my son set up on my network as Manage and he has me set up as the same.  When you manage tickets they are all sent to the buyer and where applicable I thought the buyer got awarded all the loyalty points with this setting.

I have a few others on my network and they are all set as assign.  I used to be able to buy tickets for each of them but not done that for a while.  In those cases the tickets were sent to them when I did it that way and also they got their own loyalty points where applicable.  Not sure if that still works but sounds like no from your comment.

Is this not how it all is supposed to work?  I maybe wrong so happy to be corrected if wrong. 

Somebody on here may know more.

On your network you can assign a ticket to the appropriate person on your network and they get the points.

10 hours ago, martoon said:

They were, davy.

It seemed daft, though, as empty seats were plentiful.

It was also daft that I bought 4 tickets after reading that it was limited to two per account.

I can only assume that it was perhaps two adults and did not apply to children as I bought two kids tickets out of the four.

• davemclaren changed the title to Ticketmaster Frustration - Dundee(a) sold out ( updated )

Its pish we use a rip-off merchant like ticketmaster. Club should defo look for a more reputable distributor.

39 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Its pish we use a rip-off merchant like ticketmaster. Club should defo look for a more reputable distributor.

The Club appear to be "well connected" with computer related businesses so why not organise and manage in house, or is there something I'm missing such as a contract with ticketmaster for a set time?

Shooter McGavin

I’ve found the online ticket buying system very good to be honest.

All the 3D model and 360 view stuff is pretty cool too.

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Are there any more reputable companies like Ticketmaster. 

1 hour ago, TWF said:

The Club appear to be "well connected" with computer related businesses so why not organise and manage in house, or is there something I'm missing such as a contract with ticketmaster for a set time?

we will have a contract with ticketmaster but designing, building and supporting an in-house ticketing solution isn’t realistic imo. 

Two adult tickets available face value - can hand them over in the city centre any day the week. Scuppered because of work so hoping someone else can make use of them 

2 hours ago, David66k said:

Two adult tickets available face value - can hand them over in the city centre any day the week. Scuppered because of work so hoping someone else can make use of them 

I will take these 2 tickets if still available?

7 hours ago, hmfc4life1991 said:

It's free... if you mean the extra £1.50, that's a ticketmaster fee 

I don't think it is, fairly sure some other clubs don't charge any fee with Ticketmaster. While Ticketmaster will charge the club some admin processing fee, I doubt it is anywhere near as high as £1.50 per ticket (not transaction!).

Edited by kila

The Hogfather
27 minutes ago, kila said:

I don't think it is, fairly sure some other clubs don't charge any fee with Ticketmaster. While Ticketmaster will charge the club some admin processing fee, I doubt it is anywhere near as high as £1.50 per ticket (not transaction!).

It's definitely a Ticketmaster fee.

1 hour ago, kila said:

£1.50 per ticket is ridiculous, didn't realise it was as much as that but just looked and I paid £6 fees for 4 tickets for the Leeds kickabout.

been here before

Motherwell dont rush us for fees and I dont think St Johnstone did either. Cannae mind about Dundee Utd.

£1.50 fee on a 5 quid ticket is for something like the Leeds game is riduculous. Its basically buy 3 bairns tickets and pay for 4.

52 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

It's definitely a Ticketmaster fee.

https://help.ticketmaster.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360008605574-Order-Processing-Fee

"All of the fees we charge are agreed in advance with our client, usually the venue or the Event Organiser –they’re not set just by us."

Hearts are the one agreeing it is £1.50 per ticket which I'd wager is significantly higher than what Ticketmaster charge the club.

"We charge £1.50 per ticket for all transactions (up to a maximum charge of £6)."

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/heartofmidlothian/Common/CustomerNotice/TicketingInformationAndFees

For comparison, Hibs don't seem to charge any fees for digital delivery, only those who want them posted or collected at the shop. I guess they absorb the Ticketmaster fee into the cost of the ticket (or have some cheaper arrangement because they don't sell as many as we do!)

"Delivery and admin fee's are not applied for digital tickets."

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/Common/CustomerNotice/TicketingInformationAndFees

Hearts should be honest about the admin fee they charge and profit from.

6 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

:rofl:

Any fees are agreed with the Client - there is no rip-off. The admin fee applies to all tickets, but there is no charge for digital delivery. Both the admin and delivery fees don't apply if you purchase from the ticket office.

Ticketmaster and AEG are the biggest companies in the World for the selling of tickets for events, along with their various subsidiaries. May not be the case now, but a few years ago, Ticketmaster and AEG used the same software to manage their ticket sales.

The cost of setting up and maintaining an in-house alternative is not worth it - not even close.

WheatfieldWarrior
21 hours ago, Highlander said:

Sometimes you need to make sure that you are signed in to ticket master as well - I run into the 2 ticket max per account issue that @martoon described for Partick (I have 4 fans in my network) because I wasn't signed in.  I then signed in as was able to buy the 3 tickets and allocate them to the correct people without any problem.

Edited by WheatfieldWarrior

23 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Sometimes you need to make sure that you are signed in to ticket master as well - I run into the 2 ticket max per account issue that @martoon described for Partick (I have 4 fans in my network) because I wasn't signed in.  I then signed in as was able to buy the 3 tickets and allocate them to the correct people without any problem.

I'll bear that in mind for the future, WW. 👍

Banjolicious
5 hours ago, daveyhmfc said:

I will take these 2 tickets if still available?

I have 2 tickets for this weekend if any use to you mate, but they are 1 adult + 1 U18 concession, as my son and I are unable to attend now.

Don't want anything for them, happy the money is going to the club, and would rather see someone else being able to still go since we can't...

Edited by Banjolicious

4 minutes ago, Banjolicious said:

I have 2 tickets for this weekend if any use to you mate, but they are 1 adult + 1 U18 concession, as my son and I are unable to attend now.

Don't want anything for them, happy the money is going to the club, and would rather see someone else being able to still go since we can't...

Excellent; would be delighted to take them. I will send you a PM. 

9 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

try going to gigs .  Mental fees.

Have a spare adult ticket available for this if anyone needs one. Can be picked up Murrayfield area of Edinburgh anytime before Sunday. 

On 22/08/2023 at 13:27, Hackney Hearts said:

What was our allocation?

Any possibility of getting more?

Not sure the number of tickets however it is the whole stand behind the goals we usually get.

Not sure if they will allocate anywhere else. Maybe the main stand.

16 hours ago, SuperAustin said:

Surprised they ain’t opened the main stand for us aswel 

Hate that place. That was where I was sitting with my late Dad and my young son when we lost the league.

Two adult tickets available for this Sunday was going to go for 1st half before heading on our travels to Greece but cutting it too tight now watching at home before train to Newcastle take £20 each

16 minutes ago, JAMBOBAR said:

Two adult tickets available for this Sunday was going to go for 1st half before heading on our travels to Greece but cutting it too tight now watching at home before train to Newcastle take £20 each

I would take 1 of them, if still available. Are you going tomorrow night? Could meet you at some point to collect it.

16 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

I would take 1 of them, if still available. Are you going tomorrow night? Could meet you at some point to collect it.

Yes will take with me will send you PM

On 22/08/2023 at 10:07, wavydavy said:

I hope you got your tickets before this.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/blogs/news/ticket-information-dundee-a

‘Fraid not. Ended up taking two of the bairns and my auld man up to Forfar to support Bonnyrigg Rose instead. All of got into Station Park for the price of one adult ticket into Dens. Cash at the gate - very straightforward. Nae Ticketmaster hassle.

2-1 win as well and joint top of League Two. Judging by the result and the defensive exploits at Dens, I made the right choice. 

6 hours ago, Highlander said:

‘Fraid not. Ended up taking two of the bairns and my auld man up to Forfar to support Bonnyrigg Rose instead. All of got into Station Park for the price of one adult ticket into Dens. Cash at the gate - very straightforward. Nae Ticketmaster hassle.

2-1 win as well and joint top of League Two. Judging by the result and the defensive exploits at Dens, I made the right choice. 

Judging by last night as well as Sunday you certainly did make the right choice.

Sunday is a big game for us now to show that we can turn things around or not.