"ALKIS" banner at the game vs Paok. Nikos, Greece (marathon runner for the Hearts since 2016- 78 races so far, 2 Edinburgh marathons- and fundraiser for Big Hearts and other Edinburgh charities)

NIKOS

Hi there Jambos. Some of you know I've been running for my mum and cancer victims since 2016. I've fundraised for 4 charities so far thanks to you and have dedicated a few races to Jambos that left us too early (Euan, Rudi, Shaky). Some of you know that I'm also an Aris fan (Paok rival team) and have posted 6 Aris jerseys to Jambos these years and have received Hearts jerseys back. My 30 last races have also been dedicated to Alkis, a 19 year old kid that was murdered by 12 Paok fans while walking around Thessaloniki with his 2 friends. 2 cars stopped and asked him what team he supported. He answered "Aris" and was stabbed to death by all 12 of them. They were all arrested thanks to cctv cameras and have been sentenced to life imprisonment. Even now some Paok fans use offensive banners asking for freedom for their 12 brothers. Dortmund, Macambi and other teams have been using ALKIS banner to show their support to the kid's family. I'd like to ask whether it would be possible to create a yellow banner (even a wee one) with the name ALKIS on it and put it up at the match vs Paok at Tynecastle. Aris journalists know about my running for Hearts and Aris and they would be excited and moved to see a banner like that. The same goes for Alsis's parents. I've done the same with Hearts tops and scarves when at Aris games. I've also decided to join the Jambos at Thessaloniki game. Not sure how but I'll do my best to be there with my Hearts sisters and brothers. If you believe that banner may cause problems with Paok fans then I'm more thab OK with that. If you wish to find out more on me or Alkis, you can google NIKOS HEARTS....ALKIS ARIS FC. (There are some links below) All the best to the team.

Nikos, Greece. hhgh

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-hearts-fan-who-lost-23709726

https://www.ifarsala.gr/2022/06/08/o-nikos-sfakianos-etrexe-ston-imimarathonio-tou-edimvourgou-gia-kalo-skopo/

https://theathletic.com/3130560/2022/02/16/alkis-kampanos-a-19-year-old-greek-football-fan-murdered-for-supporting-the-wrong-team/

117110790_3306270116082780_2548360333068741246_o.jpg

• NIKOS changed the title to "ALKIS" banner at the game vs Paok. Nikos, Greece (marathon runner for the Hearts since 2016- 78 races so far, 2 Edinburgh marathons- and fundraiser for Big Hearts and other Edinburgh charities)