Csaba remains unbeat

Hearts of Vladland

Hearts of Vladland

Csaba remains unbeat

From Hearts Website

Link

If Hearts players respond with the passion and commitment that their manager did after last night's defeat to Dunfermline then the Tynecastle side are unlikely to have too many problems in the season ahead.

A largely experimental line-up went down to the Pars in front of about 1,000 visiting supporters, and whilst they would have been largely disappointed with what they saw, Csaba Laszlo is unequivocally aware that there is work to do.

And it is that work that inspires the new boss, who will lead his charges to Germany for the next leg of their pre-season preparations on Sunday evening.

Whilst Csaba is adamant that young players will get their chance at Hearts, he also realises that a couple of more experienced players may be required to compliment the squad.

"At the moment I think we have a lot of work," he said after the game in Fife. "At the moment it is not just the result that is important but to know that we have a very big squad. We must look to reduce the numbers and give the chances to the young players.

"This is my job to push the team. I am happy about the players. They understand what I want and need in the field.

"The quality is there but we don't have players with experience. We've used players from the Academy and given them chances to show their talent. They are new players in the team. We want to give chances to players in the Academy. We have a very clear concept.

"We want to explore this and I know 100% what I have to do. At the moment I am very confident with the club owner, my technical team, the scouting team. Everyone knows what we have to do. We are working for a better future."

When asked by the media if he knew which positions he wanted to make changes to he showed a deft touch in saying, "I know everything but this is not for the media at the moment!

"We have everything discussed about this and at the moment the most thing is that we work together. I appreciate very well this idea, this new idea in the club to work together."

At present the squad is training twice a day, but they are also working on their 'football knowledge', becoming students of the game, which Csaba believes will help them understand what makes a successful team.

"Believe me, everyone will work hard," he added. "We don't sleep and we won't talk, but we want to show everybody that we are a serious club and a good club. We are there for the fans.

"The passion is back and the fans will see this. The spirit is back and I see this. I am happy about this. I've been here three days and we've changed something. I hope we can stay a long time and being more, passion, fans, and spirit to this club."

Commander Harris

rather unprofessional typo from the official site.

I like what Csaba has to say though.

siegementality

"The quality is there but we don't have players with experience. We've used players from the Academy and given them chances to show their talent. They are new players in the team. We want to give chances to players in the Academy. We have a very clear concept."

By the very nature of things some of these young players won't make the grade for one reason or another, to suggest otherwise would be folly. I'm all for giving youth their chance but they'll get slaughtered if they have to "show their talent" amongst some of the garbage we have.

Some players need punted, especially in those back in the direction of Lithuania, and some quality players, at least six, need brought in. If the younger players have quality around them it will give them a better chance of being successful. At the moment, with this squad, I don't like their chances.

"The quality is there but we don't have players with experience. We've used players from the Academy and given them chances to show their talent. They are new players in the team. We want to give chances to players in the Academy. We have a very clear concept."

By the very nature of things some of these young players won't make the grade for one reason or another, to suggest otherwise would be folly. I'm all for giving youth their chance but they'll get slaughtered if they have to "show their talent" amongst some of the garbage we have.

Some players need punted, especially in those back in the direction of Lithuania, and some quality players, at least six, need brought in. If the younger players have quality around them it will give them a better chance of being successful. At the moment, with this squad, I don't like their chances.

I'm more worried about your signature rather than 2 pre-season friendlies.

Give the guy a chance FFS.

siegementality
I'm more worried about your signature rather than 2 pre-season friendlies.

Give the guy a chance FFS.

I'm giving "the guy" a chance. Show me where I haven't. If you honestly think he'll be able to turn our current squad into one that will have us where "WE" would like to be then think again. Are you seriously telling me you don't want any new players brought in?, none at all?, bearing in mind "the guy" has already stated "after 10 minutes you can see weaknesses", what does that tell you about what he thinks?.

P.S. The signature refers to Romaknobs running of Hearts. Feck all to do with anyone else at the club. You can stop worrying now!

I'm giving "the guy" a chance. Show me where I haven't. If you honestly think he'll be able to turn our current squad into one that will have us where "WE" would like to be then think again. Are you seriously telling me you don't want any new players brought in?, none at all?, bearing in mind "the guy" has already stated "after 10 minutes you can see weaknesses", what does that tell you about what he thinks?.

P.S. The signature refers to Romaknobs running of Hearts. Feck all to do with anyone else at the club. You can stop worrying now!

Well "the guy" sounds like he's sussed where the problems lie - what do you want him to do within a week?

siegementality
Well "the guy" sounds like he's sussed where the problems lie - what do you want him to do within a week?

You need to wind your neck in. Who said I wanted him to do anything in a week?. Given you've just said

I know you are - i'd say minimum 8.

on another thread regarding the amount of players required to be brought in you appear to think the situation is worse than me because I said six! It appears you're the one who needs to give "the guy" a chance FFS. What do you want him to do within a week?

Now as I've already said, if it's a wee verbal boxing match you're after that's fine, I'm off work today so I've plenty of time. Let's not start proceedings with you making a James Blunt of yourself early doors though.

You need to wind your neck in. Who said I wanted him to do anything in a week?. Given you've just said

on another thread regarding the amount of players required to be brought in you appear to think the situation is worse than me because I said six! It appears you're the one who needs to give "the guy" a chance FFS. What do you want him to do within a week?

Now as I've already said, if it's a wee verbal boxing match you're after that's fine, I'm off work today so I've plenty of time. Let's not start proceedings with you making a James Blunt of yourself early doors though.

Quality from the king of the James Blunt society - on the Belfast showing, I'd say we need 8 players. Were you there?

siegementality
Quality from the king of the James Blunt society - on the Belfast showing, I'd say we need 8 players. Were you there?

Is there a James Blunt society?, and they've made me King!, shucks!.

No I wasn't in Belfast, would they have performed better if I was there?, did they perform badly because you were there? Does that make me less of a fan than you? oh well I've always got the James Blunt society to fall back on.

Incidentally, what happened in Belfast?, was it something you ate, drank, special air you breathed, because I already knew some of our squad were pish and we needed at least half a dozen quality players , I didn't have to go to Belfast to know that!

Is there a James Blunt society?, and they've made me King!, shucks!.

No I wasn't in Belfast, would they have performed better if I was there?, did they perform badly because you were there? Does that make me less of a fan than you? oh well I've always got the James Blunt society to fall back on.

Incidentally, what happened in Belfast?, was it something you ate, drank, special air you breathed, because I already knew some of our squad were pish and we needed at least half a dozen quality players , I didn't have to go to Belfast to know that!

Simple, i watched a Hearts game against a really poor Glentoran side - that's what I based my 8 players on but, seen as you weren't there, how can you even comment?

KOJBS

siegementality
Simple, i watched a Hearts game against a really poor Glentoran side - that's what I based my 8 players on but, seen as you weren't there, how can you even comment?

KOJBS

It's seeing as you weren't there.

A rather predictable wee comment, which incidentally is a "I'm a better fan than you" line and and one which I set you up for.

It must be great to be you.

Thanks for the KOJBS tag, I'll use that.

It's seeing as you weren't there.

A rather predictable wee comment, which incidentally is a "I'm a better fan than you" line and and one which I set you up for.

It must be great to be you.

Thanks for the KOJBS tag, I'll use that.

I'm so pleased for you.

Nothing to do with "being a better fan" - I based my comments on what I saw at The Oval on Monday. If you weren't there, how can you comment on what I saw?

Are you Omnipotent?

siegementality
I'm so pleased for you.

Nothing to do with "being a better fan" - I based my comments on what I saw at The Oval on Monday. If you weren't there, how can you comment on what I saw?

Are you Omnipotent?

I don't have to be omnipotent (nice word, I like it!) to know about football do I?

Having played the game at a decent level for 22 years of my life and travelled all over the world to watch Hearts, and to games involving other clubs as a nuetral, I think I'm, IMO, qualified to have an opinion on the current Hearts squad. This is a weaker squad than the one that finished eigth last year. I don't need to be a Philidelphia lawyer, or travel to Belfast, to work out that it required strengthed.

I don't have to be omnipotent (nice word, I like it!) to know about football do I?

Having played the game at a decent level for 22 years of my life and travelled all over the world to watch Hearts, and to games involving other clubs as a nuetral, I think I'm, IMO, qualified to have an opinion on the current Hearts squad. This is a weaker squad than the one that finished eigth last year. I don't need to be a Philidelphia lawyer, or travel to Belfast, to work out that it required strengthed.

No, no, no ,no - I give up. You are such a better fan!

siegementality
No, no, no ,no - I give up. You are such a better fan!

Nice try. I think anyone who reads the foregoing posts will see who thinks they are the uber Hearts fan.

Of course he remains upbeat.

He is getting paid a shedload more than he has ever done in his career, and all he has to do is front Romanov's decisions.

Maybe.:)

Jambof3tornado

I was gutted last night,but feel better than I didnt read some frail type explanation of what went wrong,Csaba has once again said it like it is,or perhaps understated how much work there is to avoid knocking what little confidence the team currently has. Only time will tell,but a few players coming and going now will help.

200milesfromgorgie

i think the guys right to stay upbeat, 2 freindlies 1 goal, he can se the problems and will look to sort it. If those to games where played last season we would've been stuffed in both games.

Haagse Jambo

He's hardly going to come out and say he's downbeat after less than a week in the job and 2 pre-season friendlies. But I would imagine that privately he realises what a mammoth task lies ahead. And the problem of the bungling Lithuanian amateurs still lurks in the background. No matter the profession or trade, once cowboys have been let loose, it's a long way back. Whether it be plumbing, surgery, car maintenance or football.

In my opinion, top 6 would be a realistic objective for the 1st season, together with clarity over the level of interference tolerated.

He's hardly going to come out and say he's downbeat after less than a week in the job and 2 pre-season friendlies. But I would imagine that privately he realises what a mammoth task lies ahead. And the problem of the bungling Lithuanian amateurs still lurks in the background. No matter the profession or trade, once cowboys have been let loose, it's a long way back. Whether it be plumbing, surgery, car maintenance or football.

In my opinion, top 6 would be a realistic objective for the 1st season, together with clarity over the level of interference tolerated.

:Agree: :Agree: :Agree:

The guy has only had 3 days to work with the squad.I think we should give everyone a break until after the Germany tour.Our friendly against Hull will tell us more about how we are progressing in terms of tactics and who can and can't play the prefered system Csaba wants to start of with.Look at Motherwell last season,your not telling me McGhee had the shambles they were before he came sorted in 3 days.

The guy has only had 3 days to work with the squad.I think we should give everyone a break until after the Germany tour.Our friendly against Hull will tell us more about how we are progressing in terms of tactics and who can and can't play the prefered system Csaba wants to start of with.Look at Motherwell last season,your not telling me McGhee had the shambles they were before he came sorted in 3 days.

You would have thought that he would have looked at the videos of the likes of Stewart/Ksnavicius in the hole last year before playing them in this 4-5-1 formation?

You would have thought that he would have looked at the videos of the likes of Stewart/Ksnavicius in the hole last year before playing them in this 4-5-1 formation?

Maybe he has just decided to take everyone at face value and see how they done in his first two games then work on the things he has seen that aint right in Germany.Stewart is never the type of player to play in the hole though.He has said he would like 3 players,these 3 players could be the spine of our team a striker a AM and a centrehalf.

Maybe he has just decided to take everyone at face value and see how they done in his first two games then work on the things he has seen that aint right in Germany.Stewart is never the type of player to play in the hole though.He has said he would like 3 players,these 3 players could be the spine of our team a striker a AM and a centrehalf.

That would be fair enough I guess. Last year was such a disaster maybe some of the players were not completely to blame.

We definitely need those players in those positions you mention. No doubt about it.

But does VR think we need those players?

That would be fair enough I guess. Last year was such a disaster maybe some of the players were not completely to blame.

We definitely need those players in those positions you mention. No doubt about it.

But does VR think we need those players?

That is the question.Time for Vlad to back the manager.

That is the question.Time for Vlad to back the manager.

I agree.

But I doubt that the manager will make any of those sorts of decisions. He has no history of bringing in players - and VR has a pretty strong history of deciding on players. Will be happy if I am proved wrong.

I must say that I am warming to this guy on a daily basis. He is certainly " talking the talk".I think if we manage to get off to a reasonable start(i.e not dropping to many points) then I will be quite happy because as the season goes on and Csaba's influence on the team grows we might, just might have a much happier season than the last one. I for one am willing to give him at least a season to make his mark.

Jam Tarts 1874
Of course he remains upbeat.

He is getting paid a shedload more than he has ever done in his career, and all he has to do is front Romanov's decisions.

Maybe.:)

We're doomed!!

frazerDM1112_228x374.jpg

I must say that I am warming to this guy on a daily basis. He is certainly " talking the talk".I think if we manage to get off to a reasonable start(i.e not dropping to many points) then I will be quite happy because as the season goes on and Csaba's influence on the team grows we might, just might have a much happier season than the last one. I for one am willing to give him at least a season to make his mark.

I think team bonding is already better.Well how could it not be from the days of has the squad split into 2 groups.

Jam Tarts 1874
Nice try. I think anyone who reads the foregoing posts will see who thinks they are the uber Hearts fan.

We're doomed!!

frazerDM1112_228x374.jpg

Seymour M Hersh

Not going to happen I'm afraid as too many want him to fail. And I'm talking about Hearts fans. So they can continue their hate affair with Romanov.

Drylaw Hearts
Not going to happen I'm afraid as too many want him to fail. And I'm talking about Hearts fans. So they can continue their hate affair with Romanov.

Name me one Hearts fan who wants Csaba to fail.

Seymour M Hersh
Name me one Hearts fan who wants Csaba to fail.

Are you stalking me? No I want but you know them.

Guest JamboRobbo

What a load of rubbish. As usual. Hearts fans want Hearts to fail. Aye right whatever.

Drylaw Hearts
Are you stalking me? No I want but you know them.

Stalking you ?

No SMH I'm not stalking you.

Do I have to explain how this forum works though ?

BTW......

I don't know ANYONE who wants Csaba to fail.

Sorry.

Pants Shaton

If you want Csaba to fail then you cannot be a Hearts fan. So, logically, no Hearts fans want Csaba to fail.

Drylaw Hearts
What a load of rubbish. As usual. Hearts fans want Hearts to fail. Aye right whatever.

Correct.

ToadKiller Dog

I think you are mixing up "want him" with "expect him" .

Snake Plissken
I preume Lawrence meant to say that "Csaba remains upbeat"?

;) oops

Guest JamboRobbo
;) oops

Well done you spotted my deliberate spelling mistake put there to test if you were paying attention. :P;)

Seymour M Hersh
I think you are mixing up "want him" with "expect him" .

Perhaps but I still think there are some on here that want him to fail. Now whether they are Hearts fans or not is definitely open to question.

Oh and JR jog on.:hobofish:

Guest JamboRobbo
Perhaps but I still think there are some on here that want him to fail. Now whether they are Hearts fans or not is definitely open to question.

Oh and JR jog on.:hobofish:

Ah, the old "you're a hobo" dig again. Yet more quality input from yourself. Seriously, you're a grown man. Try acting like it for once.

Still waiting to here which Hearts fans you think want Hearts to fail. going to elaborate on that, or were you just talking out your arse as usual?

Nelly Terraces

Good to hear Shabbs talking sense again. Have faith guys, and have patience as well, he'll get it sorted.

Archived