What Do You Thnk Of The Justice System?

Guest juvehearts

Guest juvehearts

IMO is sucks,

I believe life should be live & no lttle luxuries like playstations, tv's cd players in the cell.

this should be replaced with national service.

they (prisoners) have commited a crime & should be sent to fight for the country on the front line & learn vital lessions on what is right & what is wrong.

i dont think it is right that we as tax payers should pay for these criminals to live in a 'holiday camp' & have a 2nd crack at the whip to offend again or not to learn their lession

i believe that 90% of prisoners dont feel remorce for their crimes.

all theyre doing is wasting their life away in a cell when they could be learning a trade & a way of life in the armed forces.

What do you think

Juve

Sheriff Fatman
IMO is sucks,

I believe life should be live & no lttle luxuries like playstations, tv's cd players in the cell.

they (prisoners) have commited a crime & should be sent to fight for the country on the front line & learn vital lessions on what is right & what is wrong.

i dont think it is right that we as tax payers should pay for these criminals to live in a 'holiday camp' & have a 2nd crack at the whip to offend again or not to learn their lession

all theyre doing is wasting their life away in a cell when they could be learning a trade & a way of life in the armed forces.

What do you think

Juve

I agree life should mean life, but I totally disagree with foisting deadbeats onto the armed forces and I would think that the army, navy and airforce would also totally disagree.

Patrick Bateman

The prison system should do its upmost to reform criminals. Ultimately, jailing most people is a waste of time because they're just going to come out and re-offend. It is a case of simply delaying the inevitable.The only people who should be kept inside permanently are those who present a danger to the general public. I also don't think prisons are quite as hospitable as the Daily Mail would have you believe: these people are still subject to the surrender of most of their rights. As for putting criminals on the front line? What a daft, daft idea. They'd be a complete liability and a waste of training, supplies and public money.

I have a feeling some people in this country want something akin to the American "justice" system based on hollywood movies and what they read in the papers. In reality, you have to find a middle ground.

A life sentence doesn't end when a prisoner is released, they continue to serve their sentence in the community, on license.

Not every prisoner who is sentenced to life deserves the same tariff. There are different kinds of murder, compare the guy who gets in a fight in a pub and lamps someone with an ashtray to the Yorkshire Ripper, should they spend the same amount of time behind bars?

I say the Ripper because he's currently taking the Government to court to find out whether he'll ever be released or whether he's serving a 'whole life' sentence. He was sentenced to 30 years by the then Home Secretary, which the EU declaration of Human Rights now deems illegal.

13 women killed, 30 years, doesn't seem right to me. Why not 13 sentences of 30 years each to run consecutively rather than concurrently, laid down by a judge? There wouldn't a problem then, he'd know when he was getting released, after 390 years and the EU would have no complaints!;)

A life sentence doesn't end when a prisoner is released, they continue to serve their sentence in the community, on license.

Not every prisoner who is sentenced to life deserves the same tariff. There are different kinds of murder, compare the guy who gets in a fight in a pub and lamps someone with an ashtray to the Yorkshire Ripper, should they spend the same amount of time behind bars?

I say the Ripper because he's currently taking the Government to court to find out whether he'll ever be released or whether he's serving a 'whole life' sentence. He was sentenced to 30 years by the then Home Secretary, which the EU declaration of Human Rights now deems illegal.

13 women killed, 30 years, doesn't seem right to me. Why not 13 sentences of 30 years each to run consecutively rather than concurrently, laid down by a judge? There wouldn't a problem then, he'd know when he was getting released, after 390 years and the EU would have no complaints!;)

That is Manslaughter, not murder.

There should be a 3 strikes and your out policy for minor offenders, like in California.

I prefer the US justice system to ours. Bleeding heart Liberals have gone too far.:mad:

Arguably the Justice System has served this country well for centuries.

Unfortunately there will always be anomalies, however simply sending people to jail isn't really the answer, imho.

Certain crimes obviously deserve long sentences, however some go to prison when in fact they are no real threat to society and shouldn't be.

It actually amazes me when people refer to "bleeding heart liberals" in this country as, again imho, we live in one of themost right wing nations in the world.

Bring back the death penalty, for people who go out to commit murder, and where there is absolutely no doubt that the person charged with the murder actually committed the murder.

In this I would included people who go out carrying a weapon of any sort and cause the death of another individual.

This would maybe make people think twice about carrying knives or other weapons.

That is Manslaughter, not murder.

There should be a 3 strikes and your out policy for minor offenders, like in California.

I prefer the US justice system to ours. Bleeding heart Liberals have gone too far.:mad:

Rubbish, I worked in prisons for 8 years and met plenty of convicted murderers with stories (from the trial judge's report, not from them) that were similar.

doctor jambo

I would be a big fan of reduced sentences but served in foreign jails

a few months in a Thai / Brazillian jail would be an active deterrent

also pumping foreign money into third world countries, whilst saving this country a mint

Any sentence over three months served abroad

Human rights should be suspended upon conviction and reinstated upon release

Arguably the Justice System has served this country well for centuries.

Unfortunately there will always be anomalies, however simply sending people to jail isn't really the answer, imho.

Certain crimes obviously deserve long sentences, however some go to prison when in fact they are no real threat to society and shouldn't be.

It actually amazes me when people refer to "bleeding heart liberals" in this country as, again imho, we live in one of themost right wing nations in the world.

Not when it comes to the Justice system Boris. Letting them out early, to commit more crime, half sentences.:mad:

If someone will change due to prison, then yes,give them all the help they can. Habitual criminals need to be kept behind bars. With their playstations etc who can blame them.

Most of the above actually relates to the punishment folk recieve as a result of conviction through the justice system.

My main gripe with the justice system would be with regards to the banner in which folk "get off" with their crimes..... or indeed where it ends up with the innocent party ending up worse off as a result. THATS whats all wrong in this country.

Rubbish, I worked in prisons for 8 years and met plenty of convicted murderers with stories (from the trial judge's report, not from them) that were similar.

Murder = intent to kill

Manslaughter = Whack a bloke in a fight withn an ashtray/poolcue/take your pick

Murder = intent to kill

Manslaughter = Whack a bloke in a fight withn an ashtray/poolcue/take your pick

As soon as he picked up the ashtray he would be tried for and likely found guilty of murder.

Ashtray=Weapon

Weapon=Intent to kill

Seriously, you'd be very, very lucky to escape with a manslaughter conviction in these circumstances, I'm not saying it never happens, but it's unlikely.

And that kind of sums up one of the things that frustrates people about our criminal justice system, there appears to be no uniformity when it comes to convictions or sentencing. It's almost like each case is decided on it's own merits and a judgement is made based on the evidence presented, whilst taking mitigating circumstances into account.

You'd need some kind of judge to make a decision like that.

Ron Burgundy
I would be a big fan of reduced sentences but served in foreign jails

a few months in a Thai / Brazillian jail would be an active deterrent

also pumping foreign money into third world countries, whilst saving this country a mint

Any sentence over three months served abroad

Human rights should be suspended upon conviction and reinstated upon release

Good idea.

Chip Douglas
IMO is sucks,

What do you think

Juve

Away and polish your pitchfork.

Sawdust Caesar

I hate it when a criminal commits more than one serious offence and the judge gives him 2 or more sentences to run concurrently, what's the point? I agree with the Doctor, each sentence to run consecutively. You beat up 5 folk you get 5 sentences running one after the other.

Some people will say if you don't give a prisoner any hope of freedom in the future then they will act violently in jail, well so, what, solitary confinement for the duration of the sentence i.e until they die.

Archived