See if it was the night of 9th August....

Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler

....Then I'd understand.

Unless I've lost 3 weeks, It isn't.

A lot can happen.

:)

....Then I'd understand.

A lot can happen.

Agree the new boss is testing the players to see what he has got and I am sure he will be very disappointed but nothing beats playing in a real match rather than watching a training session to assess players.

I think by the time we play Hull we will see the team that will be starting the season but it will be minus Nade unfortunately, it's a shame he is so lazy because we certainly could do with him being fit but I doubt he will ever play for us again.

Drylaw Hearts
....Then I'd understand.

A lot can happen.

A lot will have to happen.

If we even attempt to start the season with that Squad we will be Bottom 3 at Christmas.

Dirk Diggler
A lot will have to happen.

If we even attempt to start the season with that Squad we will be Bottom 3 at Christmas.

portobellojambo1
....Then I'd understand.

A lot can happen.

Of course it can, and in truth a lot has to happen.

I don't base that on the results versus Glentoran and Dunfermline, to me those results mean nothing, but on what the new manager has to work with, and whether or not any sort of cash will be made available for players, or whether or not he knows of competent players who are available on the cheap.

He has a hell of a lot of work to do prior to KO in the opening league game, he is inheriting individuals, who have lacked leadership for too long, and has to turn those individuals into a coherent team unit who can compete.

Only a Game
....Then I'd understand.

A lot can happen.

Appreciate that you werent there but honestly, that was a worryingly bad base to start off from.

Dirk Diggler
Appreciate that you werent there but honestly, that was a worryingly bad base to start off from.

Maybe i'm just always the optimist. I dunno. I don't get worried about pre season games.

There will be players brought in and those players will have had another 3 weeks to learn what the manager wants.

Christ, most were agreeing only yesterday that the new man needs 6 games of the new season before any judgement can be made yet some of the reactions on here tonight.....well...:)

Maybe i'm just always the optimist. I dunno. I don't get worried about pre season games.

There will be players brought in and those players will have had another 3 weeks to learn what the manager wants.

Christ, most were agreeing only yesterday that the new man needs 6 games of the new season before any judgement can be made yet some of the reactions on here tonight.....well...:)

If these new players are going to have three weeks before the season kicks off then they will have to be here by this Saturday?

Dirk Diggler
If these new players are going to have three weeks before the season kicks off then they will have to be here by this Saturday?

Or therabouts.

siegementality

No-one was judging "the new man", they were judging the players. Some of these players simply don't have the ability or work ethic required. FFS if you can't try a leg to impress a new manager who has just taken over when will you?. The squad needs a total over haul, at least 6 players IMO, anybody who thinks we'll do well with the squad we have at the moment is on drugs.

lost in leith

I remember a conversation witha few diehards in July 2005. They were totally depressed. I wasn't too chirpy either, but made the point that the litmus test was the first competitive game (as it turned out the 4-2 win at Rugby Park).

I don't think for a minute that we will see anything like the same level of investment that we saw then. However, let's chill. We have someone who appears to be a 'real' manager. Can we please judge the new regime after a few competitive games rather than getting hysterical about friendlies :rolleyes:

Only a Game

I dont think anyone's passing any kind of judgement on what Csaba is doing. He's actually doing what most would want him to do. i.e. find a system that works and involves playing a quick sharp passing game. The biggest observation I am seeing tonight is what we already knew. i.e we need some better players. I also dont think he has yet played what I would consider to be the best 11 players we have man for man in position. If he doesnt get better players, or get much much better out of what he already has, then we'll be sitting here six weeks into the season talking about real defeats in real games.

chester copperpot

Im pretty certain people will arrive. In the form of players that is, and no, not all from Kaunas. ;)

Drylaw Hearts
Im pretty certain people will arrive. In the form of players that is, and no, not all from Kaunas. ;)

But some ?

So already this pre season teams representing Heart of Midlothian Football Club have failed to beat Hamilton, St Johnstone, D.Utd, Glentoran, Dunfermline and OBAN ATHLETIC !! Add to this Falkirk, Kilmarnock and Gretna at the end of last season and this has got to be the worst set of players in over 25 years.

Csaba has got a hell of a job in front of him as the football side of the club is weak at every level. He will need massive support from Romanov and of course that is far from certain. We could easily find ourselves in big trouble if changes are not forthcoming very quickly.

chester copperpot
But some ?

I dont think there will be many, if any, from FC Kaunas. That's not an inside piece of knowledge, thats a hunch. (Which I have on my back).:)

So already this pre season teams representing Heart of Midlothian Football Club have failed to beat Hamilton, St Johnstone, D.Utd, Glentoran, Dunfermline and OBAN ATHLETIC !! Add to this Falkirk, Kilmarnock and Gretna at the end of last season and this has got to be the worst set of players in over 25 years.

Csaba has got a hell of a job in front of him as the football side of the club is weak at every level. He will need massive support from Romanov and of course that is far from certain. We could easily find ourselves in big trouble if changes are not forthcoming very quickly.

:fing25: Thanks Magic T's-"I love reading you're positive posts"- It's great to know that I'm not alone in the way i feel about the club.

I also get to read the same comments on two different threads-Copy and paste is great :)

It's gotta signal to the new gaffer and the board that what we have isn't good enough. Some need binned and some need bought. I'm not fussed on the scores, it's all about trial and error but if come Motherwell we haven't shuffled what we have and then get cuffed a lot of folk will be more than miffed and the shine of the new man will be gone completely.

:fing25: Thanks Magic T's-"I love reading you're positive posts"- It's great to know that I'm not alone in the way i feel about the club.

I also get to read the same comments on two different threads-Copy and paste is great :)

No problemo. Are you disputing that the pre season results and performances have been entirely in keeping with recent times at Hearts ??

I very much doubt Csaba had any idea quite how s**t the various squads were and will only know be realising the task he has in front of him. My worry is that he will get very little time or indeed authority to sort it out.

Drylaw Hearts
I dont think there will be many, if any, from FC Kaunas. That's not an inside piece of knowledge, thats a hunch. (Which I have on my back).:)

I hope you're right.

I must have missed the date a new manager was appointed -- Friday wasn't it -- yet 6 days later (it took god 7 days to create the world for goodness sake ) -- we have people already writing off the players and the team.

I have stated before pre season, esp the first few games , matters little and that would be the case even at a club that has been run 'normally' over the last 2 years and esp last season.

Manager needs time to assess squad -- needs time to check out quality of youngsters and needs time to put his ideas into practice.

When they go away for 10 days he will have time to chat more to the players, find out about them as men and decide where, if at all, they fit into his plans.

Until then he needs to try things out -- formations, players and at the same time the players are training and building up fitness.

He then needs to clear out deadwood and bring in some quality -- finances and of course Vlad being the key.

If some of the posters here looked at our pre seasons over last 10 years they might get a shock at the teams that have beaten us without all this moaning and groaning from some.

Id rather we got it right rather than right now -- no knee jerk reactions please

I love how we expect this depleated team to work wonders, suppose 3 days in the job and Csaba should be verging on Champions League qualification as far as Hearts fans are concerned, the HMFC project will take TIME ... not hours, days or weeks ... i dont think you appreciate the task in hand here and Csaba is doing the right thing by having 2, 3 or 4 formations in the bag so if things go wrong at 4-4-2 it can be changed with ease and change a game in our favour ... who says one formation is the answer ??? He needs to EXPERIMENT AND EDUCATE ... BE PATIENT GUYS FFS.

He can only wee with the willie he has ...

siegementality
I love how we expect this depleated team to work wonders, suppose 3 days in the job and Csaba should be verging on Champions League qualification as far as Hearts fans are concerned, the HMFC project will take TIME ... not hours, days or weeks ... i dont think you appreciate the task in hand here and Csaba is doing the right thing by having 2, 3 or 4 formations in the bag so if things go wrong at 4-4-2 it can be changed with ease and change a game in our favour ... who says one formation is the answer ??? He needs to EXPERIMENT AND EDUCATE ... BE PATIENT GUYS FFS.

He can only wee with the willie he has ...

Some of these players simply aren't good enough. Unfortunately no amount of experimentation or educating will change that.

No problemo. Are you disputing that the pre season results and performances have been entirely in keeping with recent times at Hearts ??

I very much doubt Csaba had any idea quite how s**t the various squads were and will only know be realising the task he has in front of him. My worry is that he will get very little time or indeed authority to sort it out.

Not at all, I still think we were spoiled by the time Burley was here and now our own expectations are raised, we want more success now.

I think that we have good young guys-(Templeton, Glen, Rapnik and co) at the club and I would love us to add a little experience to the squad to complement them.

I hope Csaba does get the chance to make his mark at our club with the support of Romanov-(Time will tell I suppose)

Gigolo-Aunt
one from kaunus is one too many. FTK.

Unless he turns out to be our top goalscorer, who when leaving Kickback was up in arms about...

End of the day, dont give a flying **** where they are from, as long as they are good enough.

Been a few from Kaunus who were not good enough, so lets wait and see what happens.

Someone who could put the ball in the net like Handy Andy would do me.

Another player to make up the numbers who offers nothing will get us nowhere.

Archived