West Ham United

ri Alban

If they sign McTomaney, MaGuire, Alvares and Ward-Prowse, they'll push for the top 5. 

I don't usually bother about the EPL, but thought that this was very good business,  if they manage to sign these players.

Any predictions on who'll maybe surprise folk. Villa and the Hammers are my dark horses.

:fth:

Samuel Camazzola

Cannot see them being anywhere near top 5 and getting into Champions League. If McTom leaves Man Utd, he can look to a side far bigger than West Ham too. 

Hmm. Few good signings but I'm not sure they'll be as strong as you think. Was delighted to see David Moyes win the Conference League and I think he's a good manager, but quite a few Hammers fans aren't big fans of him and I think as controversial as it could be, he might be gone before the end of the season.

If they spend a bit of money with a view to kicking on further, but he can't get a tune out the players or get consistent results, then winning a European trophy could ultimately prove to be his demise as he'll be expected to build on that. Even if they get all the players they're linked with, they've lost Declan Rice and Lucas Paqueta also seems to be heavily linked with moving away. 2 of the stars of that European run.

Dalstonjambo

I know a lot of West Ham fans down here. Every single one of them think they are likely to struggle and most think they will go down. 

They also almost all want Moyes gone. 

Think that’s overkill but I don’t watch them every week. Harry Maguire however is an awful footballer 

It's as close as the OP will get ti Tynecastle.

Shut up with the shitey EPL .

Same poster wants non indy voters fed to Blair Drummond lions.

West Ham, even with Declan Rice we’re mostly feckin horrendous last season 

Yes they won the Conf but even that final was like having your fingernails pulled out until the last few minutes.

I like McTominay and he brings an energy the midfield lacks Ward Prowse doesn’t but, even for his set pieces he’s worth a punt 

I don’t know Alvarez and I can take or leave Maguire but Moyes will not change.

We’ll surrender possession 

We’ll be pasdive

We’ll be pedestrian 

We will lose as many games as we did last year 

PhoenixHearts
43 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Cannot see them being anywhere near top 5 and getting into Champions League. If McTom leaves Man Utd, he can look to a side far bigger than West Ham too. 

3rd biggest club in London though after Arsenal and Chelsea.

Then of course rounding off the rest you have Crystal Palace, Fulham, Brentford, QPR, Millwall, Charlton, Wimbledon, Leyton Orient and Sutton.

Anyone after that too small to mentuon.

Edit: forgot Barnet

Edited by PhoenixHearts

46 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

If they sign McTomaney, MaGuire, Alvares and Ward-Prowse, they'll push for the top 5. 

I don't usually bother about the EPL, but thought that this was very good business,  if they manage to sign these players.

Any predictions on who'll maybe surprise folk. Villa and the Hammers are my dark horses.

:fth:

You won’t like them.  

They're English.

Y’know, West Ham, World Cup Winners 1966.  😀 

3 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Then of course rounding off the rest you have Crystal Palace, Fulham, Brentford, QPR, Millwall, Charlton, Wimbledon, Leyton Orient and Sutton.

Tottenham.

The (almost) ex-home of Sir Harold Kane.  👍

PhoenixHearts
4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Tottenham.

The (almost) ex-home of Sir Harold Kane.  👍

Topspur? What's dat?

10 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Think you forgot Spurs as well. 

My goodness, I think someone has been on mind altering substances with all due respect. West Ham are nowhere near top 5 and will struggle to stay in the EPL this season. All IMO of course. 

PhoenixHearts
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think you forgot Spurs as well. 

I didn't want to keep going on and on because these hundreds of clubs in London. Decided not to include the smaller teams.

Dagenham & Redbridge and Wealdstone also missed out.

They won't even be top half.

There are 8 absolute certainties for top 10:

Man City

Liverpool

Arsenal 

Newcastle

Man Utd

Chelsea

Aston Villa

Spurs

Then I reckon 2 from 3 for 9th and 10th:

Brighton

Brentford 

Crystal Palce

Then them and a few others in no mans land:

Fulham

West Ham

Bournemouth 

Notts Forest 

Then the relegation candidates:

Everton

Wolves

Burnley

Sheffield Utd

Luton

I’m not sure West Ham signing any players who don’t start for any of the top 5 is going to move them any closer to the top 5… 

They’ll be bottom half. 

16 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You won’t like them.  

They're English.

That must bug the other London teams. :rofl:

4 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I didn't want to keep going on and on because these hundreds of clubs in London. Decided not to include the smaller teams.

I’m a gooner as well but have to keep mentioning the wee team similar to Edinburgh football 

PhoenixHearts
Just now, soonbe110 said:

I’m a gooner as well but have to keep mentioning the wee team similar to Edinburgh football 

Haha I'm no Arsenal fan. I don't actually have an English side. If I did I'd probably say Wednesday. Palace and West Ham probably my preferred London clubs. 

I have however made it my mission to denounce Spurs and their inflated self worth at any opportunity.

Anyone says "Big Six" I'm straight in there with "well akshyually Rich Six is more accurate".

And we all remember when they tried to sneak into the Super League with the big boys. Who were they trying to kid?

You make ONE little poxy measly mickey mouse teeny weeny Champions League final and it all goes to your head eh?

12 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

:spoton:

Controversial opinion here but I feel Maguire was chucked in way out his depth. Record fee for a cb, captian in a team with Ronaldo. Hiding to nothing. Smaller team, less focus he might do ok.  

6 hours ago, jambo1975 said:

Controversial opinion here but I feel Maguire was chucked in way out his depth. Record fee for a cb, captian in a team with Ronaldo. Hiding to nothing. Smaller team, less focus he might do ok.  

Thought he was better than he really is - got cocky and found out. 

A_A wehatethehibs
6 hours ago, jambo1975 said:

He was a decent mid table EPL defender. I’d say £30m is still too much for him. 

Harry Potter
9 hours ago, Morgan said:

You won’t like them.  

They're English.

Very good 😃.

Carl Fredrickson

Maguire was a very good player up until the Greece court case. Since then his performances have been erratic to say the least. 

McTominay is a great player who probably doesnt get the credit down south that he deserves. 

West Ham though will struggle. Moyes has one way of playing and teams like Brentford and Brighton are way ahead (IMO) in recruitment and playing style. 

A good season for WHU will be a top 10 finish but will be surprised if they manage that with Moyes as manager. 

The Treasurer

If West Ham have a good season, which I think unlikely without at least one more striker, they will push for a euro place at best 

I'd be happy with that 

No chance West Ham are getting top 5. They will be lucky to be top half of the table IMO. Other sides are way ahead of them, Newcastle, Spurs, City, Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Villa, Brighton, Brentford. There is just 9 off the top of my head who will all finish above them this season.