Easy Money

gowestjambo

gowestjambo

Ladbrokes 12/5 Dunfermline, thanks very much! Last 3 results loss to Gretna now defunct Draw then pens defeat to Glentoran, sorry guys it may go against the grain but it was obvious to me that the bet was Dunfy at home!

No disrespect to our new manager, and I believe it is in the best long term interests of the team, that no lucky results should lead anyone into a false sense of security!

Jose Mourinho could not make a team worthy of Hearts out of the journeymen our new manager has inherited!

Unless a complete clear out is on the cards, more easy money is to be made!

now who do we play next.....?

Ladbrokes 12/5 Dunfermline, thanks very much! Last 3 results loss to Gretna now defunct Draw then pens defeat to Glentoran, sorry guys it may go against the grain but it was obvious to me that the bet was Dunfy at home!

No disrespect to our new manager, and I believe it is in the best long term interests of the team, that no lucky results should lead anyone into a false sense of security!

Jose Mourinho could not make a team worthy of Hearts out of the journeymen our new manager has inherited!

I made a fair whack last season betting against Hearts. I think the new guy we have talks the talk and I hope he walks the walk has a clear out, helps coach the young guys properly and at least has a yes or no say prior to players being signed.

gowestjambo
Dirty money.

Gives me no pleasure to see Hearts get beat, but if we benefit in the long term.....

Now if the hobos were a cert to lose wouldnt you take advantage?

The places you spend it in dont ask where it came from!

besides it's my way of getting some of my money back from Ladbrokes....!

gowestjambo
I made a fair whack last season betting against Hearts. I think the new guy we have talks the talk and I hope he walks the walk has a clear out, helps coach the young guys properly and at least has a yes or no say prior to players being signed.

If push comes to shove I would rather Hearts win than my bet, but it helps ease the pain....

Fozzyonthefence

And we lost the two league games before Gretna - we're on a roll!

Dirk Diggler

Hope you buy a drink of your choice from your winnings and choke on the fecking thing.

BobbyJenkins
Hope you buy a drink of your choice from your winnings and choke on the fecking thing.

Here here

gowestjambo

Not surprised at you, yes I am currently enjoying a glass of Bollinger thanks very much!

The only bitter taste seems to come from your direction...!

If so confident, how come you posted this after the match?

gowestjambo
If so confident, how come you posted this after the match?

Its not my fault you can't see the obvious in front of you!

if you have any doubts please send me a pm and I will forward my bet with Ladbrokes!

Dirk Diggler
Not surprised at you, yes I am currently enjoying a glass of Bollinger thanks very much!

The only bitter taste seems to come from your direction...!

Like I said, I hope you choke.

gowestjambo
Like I said, I hope you choke.

It aint my fault you dont have the brains to put a wager on a sure thing! Maybe if you had some foresight instead of hindsight you might get on better!

BobbyJenkins
It aint my fault you dont have the brains to put a wager on a sure thing! Maybe if you had some foresight instead of hindsight you might get on better!

The fact u started a thread about it is enough but you just come across as a complete [mod edit].:cheers:

:cheers:

Its not my fault you can't see the obvious in front of you!

if you have any doubts please send me a pm and I will forward my bet with Ladbrokes!

Not a gambler myself, and if I was I doubt I would boast about betting against my own team. It lacks class.

Dirk Diggler

It ain't my fault you don't have the brains to be earning enough that you don't need to 'put a wager on a sure thing'.

Maybe if you had some foresight, and got the hell out of Motherwell, you might get on better!

Gives me no pleasure to see Hearts get beat, but if we benefit in the long term.....

Now if the hobos were a cert to lose wouldnt you take advantage?

The places you spend it in dont ask where it came from!

besides it's my way of getting some of my money back from Ladbrokes....!

Betting on the hobos to lose is not the same as betting on your own team to lose.

Don't get me wrong, if you rhink it's a dead cert by all means go for it, but to come on here boasting about it afterwards is of poor taste.

gowestjambo
It ain't my fault you don't have the brains to be earning enough that you don't need to 'put a wager on a sure thing'.

Maybe if you had some foresight, and got the hell out of Motherwell, you might get on better!

My "earnings" dont need supplemented by betting, it is merely a matter of betting on a sure thing. Where I choose to live is my choice, and shows a lack of a credible argument on your part!

gowestjambo
The fact u started a thread about it is enough but you just come across as a complete to55er.:cheers:

:cheers:

I started a thread as a tongue in cheek statement highlighting the deficiencies of our current team, if you dont agree - I couldnt care less, I dont think the bookies apply any morals when taking bets from punters!!

BobbyJenkins

Tongue in cheek? aye ok...

And u still dont get it, I dont think the bookies care either. (insert shaking head smilie here)

Dirk Diggler
Where I choose to live is my choice, and shows a lack of a credible argument on your part!

Your most likely right.

:)

catherinertate.jpg

Seriously, starting a thread about making money from a Hearts defeat then boasting about it on Kickback?

Then when folk call you a numpty you reply that you're drinking Bollinger?

Your tongue may have been in your cheek but when your heads up your erse its hard for folk to notice.

Silly muffin.

Holland, Italy, Russia and Spain to win their respective games on 17th and 18th of June. 32-1

Lump on lads, its free money...if you can build a time machine :rolleyes:

Not a gambler myself, and if I was I doubt I would boast about betting against my own team. It lacks class.

Personally, couldn't do it.

But then again, I never bet Hearts to win either, just in case I jinx them!

shaun.lawson
Personally, couldn't do it.

But then again, I never bet Hearts to win either, just in case I jinx them!

:Agree:

One Saturday morning in early April 1998, I bounded down to my local bookies to stick a tenner on Hearts to win the double. Oops! We almost blew the semi-final that very afternoon (which is sometimes forgotten: imagine how different our modern history would be if we had), and immediately lost form and fell out of contention in the title race. No folks, it wasn't because key players got tired, and the season finally caught up with a small squad: we blew the title because Lawson S of Pinner, Middlesex jinxed us. A lesson painfully learned.

As for betting against Hearts: I certainly wouldn't do it on an individual match basis, but last season, did slap thirty quid on Dundee United to win the SPL minus the OF. I plead a student budget, and very attractive odds - but as a result, was in a bizarre, horrible position in which a Hearts win against United near the end of the season would spell disaster for my bank account. It wasn't a pleasant feeling at all, and I won't be doing it again: ditto my sportsman's bet with a Celtic-supporting mate that Rangers would win the title, which especially after the events of Manchester, left me feeling dirty, and delighted to hand the ?20 over to him once the season had ended.

:Agree:

One Saturday morning in early April 1998, I bounded down to my local bookies to stick a tenner on Hearts to win the double. Oops! We almost blew the semi-final that very afternoon (which is sometimes forgotten: imagine how different our modern history would be if we had), and immediately lost form and fell out of contention in the title race. No folks, it wasn't because key players got tired, and the season finally caught up with a small squad: we blew the title because Lawson S of Pinner, Middlesex jinxed us. A lesson painfully learned.

As for betting against Hearts: I certainly wouldn't do it on an individual match basis, but last season, did slap thirty quid on Dundee United to win the SPL minus the OF. I plead a student budget, and very attractive odds - but as a result, was in a bizarre, horrible position in which a Hearts win against United near the end of the season would spell disaster for my bank account. It wasn't a pleasant feeling at all, and I won't be doing it again: ditto my sportsman's bet with a Celtic-supporting mate that Rangers would win the title, which especially after the events of Manchester, left me feeling dirty, and delighted to hand the ?20 over to him once the season had ended.

My late Father blamed himself for the 1986 League debacle because he bought a badge at Dens before the match that said 'HMFC League Champions'.

Welcome to our world!

shaun.lawson
My late Father blamed himself for the 1986 League debacle because he bought a badge at Dens before the match that said 'HMFC League Champions'.

Welcome to our world!

Oh God! Why did he do that?!

The following season, Spurs played Arsenal in the League Cup semi-finals. At half time in the second leg, with Spurs ahead, the tannoy announcer at White Hart Lane started reading details of ticket arrangements for the final, for the benefit of the home fans. You can pretty much guess the rest. Indeed, a rivalry that at that point had nothing to choose between them quickly became massively one-sided, and still is. Nothing to do with the genius of Arsene Wenger, or incompetence of Irving Scholar: it was that tannoy announcer! :sad:

The Vulture
Oh God! Why did he do that?!

The following season, Spurs played Arsenal in the League Cup semi-finals. At half time in the second leg, with Spurs ahead, the tannoy announcer at White Hart Lane started reading details of ticket arrangements for the final, for the benefit of the home fans. You can pretty much guess the rest. Indeed, a rivalry that at that point had nothing to choose between them quickly became massively one-sided, and still is. Nothing to do with the genius of Arsene Wenger, or incompetence of Irving Scholar: it was that tannoy announcer! :sad:

That was way before Wenger was manager at Highbury anyway, would have been George Graham would it not ?

Talking about bets, remember reading on here people who bet money on Celtic to beat us in the League Cup game at the piggery. Couldn't believe it at the time but found it funny that they lost !!!

shaun.lawson
That was way before Wenger was manager at Highbury anyway, would have been George Graham would it not ?

Talking about bets, remember reading on here people who bet money on Celtic to beat us in the League Cup game at the piggery. Couldn't believe it at the time but found it funny that they lost !!!

Yes, indeed it was. What I meant was that Wenger's most people's idea of the main reason behind Arsenal's transformation - though of course, Graham restored them to prominence after, 1971 apart, decades in the doldrums. The weird thing is contrasting Graham's very good side (only one defeat throughout the 90/1 league campaign was, at the time, regarded as extraordinary) with Wenger's: it's like comparing different clubs, and different sports!

Nucky Thompson

Those people who boast about getting a bet up after the event are all hot air:cool:

Say What Again

Welcome to our world!

I've still got a flag at my folks which says 'League Champions 85/86' and lists the squad down either side.

Archived